Sun 8th Apr: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/04/23 at 17:30

Bizarre game. Giants looked reasonably good early on but fell apart.

McGillvary had no defender in front of him 3m from line & was in possession, so how is it not a penalty try when they have been given with players not in possession?

Rhinos didn't have to offer much to outflank a disorganised side.

Smith try shouldn't have been given. Offside & within 10. Plus header

Giants looked clueless in 2nd half. Enornous brain fart from Connor.

Really strange game.

Watson is clearly not the only reason why Salford got where they did in '19 & 20.

Post match, he ooked really rattled.

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Rule is both feet behind the kicker, from a still ive seen he looked onside

But that's the thing , if you can't definitively rule on a forward pass by VR then in truth you are only guessing at onside , I suppose you have to err on the attack , he was onside to me  

13 minutes ago, Padge said:

Sky ticked all the diversity boxes tonight, a female analyst of colour, a co-commentator with hyporverbal talking syndrome and another analyst who just is impossible to understand.

Hey he's a Bramley lad makes me feel ok listening to him talk like me 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

5 minutes ago, Gavin Harrison said:

Bizarre game. Giants looked reasonably good early on but fell apart.

McGillvary had no defender in front of him 3m from line & was in possession, so how is it not a penalty try when they have been given with players not in possession?

Rhinos didn't have to offer much to outflank a disorganised side.

Smith try shouldn't have been given. Offside & within 10. Plus header

Giants looked clueless in 2nd half. Enornous brain fart from Connor.

Really strange game.

Watson is clearly not the only reason why Salford got where they did in '19 & 20.

Post match, he ooked really rattled.

I’ve read all of that and all I have heard is Wwwaaahhhh

Edited by Live after death

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

But that's the thing , if you can't definitively rule on a forward pass by VR then in truth you are only guessing at onside , I suppose you have to err on the attack , he was onside to me  

Nah a forward pass is far more difficult to judge - a ball can go forward when passed back.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

If offside in Football can be definitively ruled then it is just as possible in Rugby. The technology already exists. A forward pass is much more complicated. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Nah a forward pass is far more difficult to judge - a ball can go forward when passed back.

Until they start putting lines on the pitch VAR style we'll just have to disagree

1 minute ago, Damien said:

If offside in Football can be definitively ruled then it is just as possible in Rugby. The technology already exists. A forward pass is much more complicated. 

Obviously not for the South stand at Headingley , they seem to have no problem 😂

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Damien said:

WRONG so very wrong

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

What is wrong?

Soccer offside is down to players feett on the ground.

Forward passes have nothing at all to do with the ground, lines on the pitch or were players are standing.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Padge said:

Forward passes have nothing at all to do with the ground, lines on the pitch or were players are standing.

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

What is wrong?

Apologies Damien, I mis-understood your comment.

33 minutes ago, Damien said:

RIGHT so very right

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

5 minutes ago, Padge said:

I know. 

And your point is? So what did I say that was wrong? 

49 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Rule is both feet behind the kicker, from a still ive seen he looked onside

A marginal call either way, but the wider point is that the VR (Moore) never looked at it. He concentrated on the left edge players and didn’t seem to notice the players on the other side.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

2 hours ago, Just Browny said:

As far as I can see, Leeds have been whacked at home this afternoon at football and women's rugby, and Yorkshire have just lost at home too. Rhinos looking good for the sweep.

Just Browny jinxed  thanks Just Browny👐👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

Not read all the chat but James Bentley and Cam Smith were like a rash on Hudds today Nene got the Pom but it was won in D today.

I thought Bentley was a bit scratchy and has been since his return, he did do a good job of winding Conner up though.

McDonnell however has been an absolutely inspired signing, looks all class that kid, Wigan might be kicking themselves at letting him go.