Challenge Cup 6th Round Draw (BBC)

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

I’m a neutral too and I’d rather walk round Tesco than watch that.

If you can pick up some stuff for me while you're there that would be great.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

If you can pick up some stuff for me while you're there that would be great.

As long as it's Aldi price matched.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Viaplay games:

Friday 19th May 7.45pm Halifax v St Helens

Saturday 20th May 7.30pm Salford v Huddersfield

Haha, as soon as the draw was made i said to my mates it will be Saturday 20th, same day our local non league team are in a cup final...same time kick off too so can't even have the possibility of doing both.

On 26/04/2023 at 17:09, Jughead said:

Or, more likely, it’ll be error strewn, low quality and a tough watch. 

Playing devil's advocate a little here.

But what if its a close, exciting game played in decent weather with a good crowd in t shirts and a good atmosphere that may come across as good on TV to non cynical RL fans?

8 hours ago, meast said:

Playing devil's advocate a little here.

But what if it’s a close, exciting game played in decent weather with a good crowd in t shirts and a good atmosphere that may come across as good on TV to non cynical RL fans?

Sports fans know what errors are whether the score is 40-0 or 40-40. 

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

Sports fans know what errors are whether the score is 40-0 or 40-40. 

As has been pointed out , don't watch it , any game can be good , any game can be bad , RL is like a box of chocolates 

18 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

As has been pointed out , don't watch it , any game can be good , any game can be bad , RL is like a box of chocolates 

Oh trust me, I won’t be watching Hull FC.  I can still have an opinion on how I think it’s a terrible game to pick by the BBC, in the same way you continually bang on about promotion and relegation on any IMG thread. 

On a general point does any one know what the prize money is for clubs that win in each round?

This is the sort of information that the RFL used to broadcast annually but seems to have dipped under the radar nowadays.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

23 hours ago, Ullman said:

As long as it's Aldi price matched.

Or from the bin dipping section.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

22 minutes ago, meast said:

But not everyone will see errors, they may just see entertainment.

As I say not everyone is as negative and pessimistic as RL fans

Many will have just finished an interminable period where the other code's Six Nations has been on their screens every weekend. 

The handling in this cup tie, whether the predicted errors are there or not, will be a refreshing improvement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson