Salford fan shares and financial issues.

6 minutes ago, Gavin Harrison said:

The £750k is fantasy talk.  Just not going to ever materialise.

Who is next out of the door after Dupree?

Paul King will want to get his house out of hock from the council & there's no other way to raise cash.

okay. hope the Red Devils will still in SL or pushing for promotion into it in 5 years. 

• Like 1

Cymru Am Byth/New South Wales

Looks like they'll hit the 250k at the current rate. After a bit of a lull it's picked back up again in the last week. 

One thing I've noticed is a number of people buying the £100 shares several times over, seemingly thinking that they'll have multiple votes on this basis which I can't imagine being the case. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

6 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Looks like they'll hit the 250k at the current rate. After a bit of a lull it's picked back up again in the last week. 

One thing I've noticed is a number of people buying the £100 shares several times over, seemingly thinking that they'll have multiple votes on this basis which I can't imagine being the case. 

Gifts for others. 

• Like 1

Looks like there are some big spenders in there.

Average per member was up round the £300 mark to £150k. Then dropped to around £260 & now back up to £273.

There ain't that many moneyed fans in Salford for that to be what each has chipped in.

Be interesting to see if they extend the deadline.

13 hours ago, Gavin Harrison said:

Looks like there are some big spenders in there.

Average per member was up round the £300 mark to £150k. Then dropped to around £260 & now back up to £273.

There ain't that many moneyed fans in Salford for that to be what each has chipped in.

Be interesting to see if they extend the deadline.

Why would they "extend the deadline"? They have reached their initial target. What they have done is increase the target to £300K. Be interesting to see if they reach that figure.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

18 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Why would they "extend the deadline"? They have reached their initial target. What they have done is increase the target to £300K. Be interesting to see if they reach that figure.

Yeah, can't see them extending the deadline. Dobbin the donkey is already romping round the Aintree winners' enclosure. There's no need for a victory lap.

31 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

It's in the accompanying documents that this will be the initial offer but they will likely do another down the line, so yes, seems unlikely they'll extend it they'll just close it for now. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

7 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

£271,000 and 960 donations as we speak.

A bid is being written to use this to claim further grants.

Overall, it's a remarkable victory for the club, but especially the fans.

We are the People!

Well done Salford. Hope this model of ownership proves sustainable and successful.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

3 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

In possible hope of squeezing some more interest?

Under a thousand have chipped in, and even if you put a 'hard core' support of 3k as a base figure, there's a lot more to persuade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

£271,000 and 960 donations as we speak.

A bid is being written to use this to claim further grants.

Overall, it's a remarkable victory for the club, but especially the fans.

We are the People!

I don't see how grants are available for the professional playing side of the club. 

Maybe the community side through SRD Foundation, but surely not to pay wages & operating costs of the rugby side?

1 hour ago, Gavin Harrison said:

In possible hope of squeezing some more interest?

Under a thousand have chipped in, and even if you put a 'hard core' support of 3k as a base figure, there's a lot more to persuade.

Obviously they want more. My point was your "extend the deadline" phrase. The "deadline" is today, afaik, not £250K. You seem confused about 'target' and 'deadline'. They have reached their initial TARGET before the DEADLINE. They are now hoping to pass the initial target, not extend the deadline.

Hey ho! Forget the great effort to raise funds, just use it as another stick to beat Salford with. Fill yer boots.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gavin Harrison said:

I don't see how grants are available for the professional playing side of the club. 

Maybe the community side through SRD Foundation, but surely not to pay wages & operating costs of the rugby side?

I tend to agree, but both models envisaged, first by the club/Dennett and Burnham and the other by IMG implies alot about the communitarian aspects imagined.

57 minutes ago, Griff said:

I dunno - would it be to raise more money ?

See my previous response. They are not extending the deadline, they are hoping to hit a second, higher target.

2 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

See my previous response. They are not extending the deadline, they are hoping to hit a second, higher target.

The new "stretch" target is £2m, according to the website. Having taken some six weeks to get to £300k, are you saying that £2m is attainable in the next few hours?

If not, what are you saying?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

17 minutes ago, Griff said:

The new "stretch" target is £2m, according to the website. Having taken some six weeks to get to £300k, are you saying that £2m is attainable in the next few hours?

If not, what are you saying?

The levelling up grant gives the club £1 million plus whatever target is hit before the deadline.( Thought you would like that Tony).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Segovia Carpet said:

The levelling up grant gives the club £1 million plus whatever target is hit before the deadline.( Thought you would like that Tony).

Thanks, SC.

6 hours ago, Segovia Carpet said:

The 'levelling up' funding doesn't give the club £1m plus.

I believe an application for funding is the intention, but grants are not for running costs & wages for professional sports teams.

On 31/05/2023 at 23:58, Gavin Harrison said:

The 'levelling up' funding doesn't give the club £1m plus.

I believe an application for funding is the intention, but grants are not for running costs & wages for professional sports teams.

It might help us understand your issues if  you could explain what "levelling up " scheme you are referring to and what such "grants" may be used for.

11 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Well well.

£364,270 raised.

1291 investors.

It belongs to you and me.

Let my people sing at the People's Club!

Great effort Salford fans, I was sceptical but delighted to be proved wrong. Hopefully it gives an option for other clubs that are struggling to attract an investor-owner. (Wakey, Cas?)

It isn't a panacea, but it should allow the club to keep its excellent team together until the end of 2024 at least, winning games and challenging for the playoffs and silverware.

The key is then to convert this sustained on-field success into a financial benefit, which will allow the team to be sustainable.

The long term calculation remains the same - Salford need to permanently increase crowds and other matchday revenues to have a long term future in SL.

Part 1 complete!

• Like 2