Fri 5th May: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils KO 20:00

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/23 at 19:30

Another great result for Salford who to be absolutely honest are a great run club and are where they are on merit, they actually deserve plenty of respect given their budget.

• Like 4

Salford well worth their win.

Hard to be too critical of Leeds in case it distracts from salford good and easy win.  However leeds were so poor  in that they gifted salford position through errors. They did well to contain salford given that possession but the constant pressure told.

Salford look a far better side than leeds. Leeds are a poor team and currently are likely to remain bottom 4.

9 minutes ago, Gavin Harrison said:

Brierley went off with an eye injury & Rowley post match himted it was a concern it wasn't first time at Leeds.

No highlights anywhere at all yet. All other games are online....

Rowley also said Leeds got the rub of the green - they really didn’t. Not that had anything to do with the loss.

Brierly got an eye injury last time when Holroyd handed him off there was nothing in it at all.

Anyway, Salford are a good side, Some fellow Leeds fans having a meltdown as usual which IMO is disrespectful to Salford, they’re talking as if we have had 60 put on us by Wakefield.

Leeds could have eon that if they could actually hold on to the ball, our defence was actually good throughout as Salford throw a lot at you, we just kept making bad decisions and silly mistakes.

Again though the six again rule is awful in its current guise. Leeds we’re getting on top of Salford and They held leeds down for 3 six agains in one set, the first being on the first tackle, IMO it should be a penalty if its in your own 40, and three in a set should also be a penalty.

That isn’t why we lost though, that was purely down to Salford being better than us and us being ill disciplined and not respecting possession.

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Condolences Tommy, it is not as though you could go and support your home town club they are faring worse than your adopted one.😉

I am currently in hospital H which gladly meant I didn't have to see the expected dreadfulness of my hometown Rhinos live!

5 hours ago, Gavin Harrison said:

Brierley went off with an eye injury & Rowley post match himted it was a concern it wasn't first time at Leeds.

Sounds like a very odd thing to hint.

• Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

I am currently in hospital H which gladly meant I didn't have to see the expected dreadfulness of my hometown Rhinos live!

Hope you are getting better Tommy, please forgive me if I have got it wrong, from previous disclosures by you I assumed you were a native of Wakefield.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hope you are getting better Tommy, please forgive me if I have got it wrong, from previous disclosures by you I assumed you were a native of Wakefield.

Thank you H, I have lived in Wakefield for a lot of years but am a Leeds native and have spent most of my life there.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Rowley also said Leeds got the rub of the green - they really didn’t. Not that had anything to do with the loss.

Brierly got an eye injury last time when Holroyd handed him off there was nothing in it at all.

Anyway, Salford are a good side, Some fellow Leeds fans having a meltdown as usual which IMO is disrespectful to Salford, they’re talking as if we have had 60 put on us by Wakefield.

Leeds could have eon that if they could actually hold on to the ball, our defence was actually good throughout as Salford throw a lot at you, we just kept making bad decisions and silly mistakes.

Again though the six again rule is awful in its current guise. Leeds we’re getting on top of Salford and They held leeds down for 3 six agains in one set, the first being on the first tackle, IMO it should be a penalty if its in your own 40, and three in a set should also be a penalty.

That isn’t why we lost though, that was purely down to Salford being better than us and us being ill disciplined and not respecting possession.

Haven't seen any highlights. Smith appeared not very happy in his post match. Blamed a lot on seemingly very slow rucks & things raised at coaches meetings not being acted on. Looked like a coach under pressure.

7 minutes ago, Gavin Harrison said:

Haven't seen any highlights. Smith appeared not very happy in his post match. Blamed a lot on seemingly very slow rucks & things raised at coaches meetings not being acted on. Looked like a coach under pressure.

Salford slowed the ruck down to a snails pace in the second half.

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Every cloud , as they say 😉

40 minutes ago, Gavin Harrison said:

Mind you he was specifically asked about the slowness, it was so slow the journalist brought it up. He answered that he has previously raised this issue. The answer from ref department was the trend was such it wasn't an issue. On last night evidence their is an issue with some ref's.

8 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Mind you he was specifically asked about the slowness, it was so slow the journalist brought it up. He answered that he has previously raised this issue. The answer from ref department was the trend was such it wasn't an issue. On last night evidence their is an issue with some ref's.

The ruck is a mess in many games and it’s purely down to the current six again rule, it needs changing, far too many teams are gladly giving away six agains on the first and second tackle in the oppositions half, make those penalties and it will stop.

56 minutes ago, Gavin Harrison said:

For me Smith talks in riddles and seems to be a bizarre maverick of a coach

Sometimes coaches need to be Mavericks, just look at Wayne Bennet, but smith is on a different level entitely

9 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Maybe but the high error rate seem to be a consistent theme by leeds. Although they did well to hold out for so long with all the position and possession they gifted.

The other aspect was losing it with the ref decisions... Newmen, Bentley, Austin leading the way and even Handley catching it... doesn't help the focus and just adds to poor decisions and lack of team cohesiveness.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

The ruck is a mess in many games and it’s purely down to the current six again rule, it needs changing, far too many teams are gladly giving away six agains on the first and second tackle in the oppositions half, make those penalties and it will stop.

Yep, totally agree

3 minutes ago, The storm said:

Sometimes coaches need to be Mavericks, just look at Wayne Bennet, but smith is on a different level entitely

It runs in the family , they don't like being interviewed, so talk complete blx

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Six again is what it is, for a side as off the cuff as us it should benefit us as much as anyone else.

A problem of ours I feel is that we do not slow down the oppos enough by putting as few men as possible into tackles. Added to zero linespeed, it means we take a pelting in most defensive sets and make it easy for teams to get quick ptbs against us, or failing that, a six again because we have tried to slow things down in a way we hadn't been earlier on.

2 minutes ago, The storm said:

Funny enough that's more or less what an ex nrl and aussie international said to us last night regards smith. 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

It runs in the family , they don't like being interviewed, so talk complete blx

Chuckle, neither look directly at whomever asks question or the camera...always amuses me. Lots of eye movement...