Match thread: Championship Round 11: Widnes v Featherstone. Sunday 14th May 2023.

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

Who replaces Leilua? Hall or Evans.

Otherwise, maybe a very similar looking team to last week perhaps.

Hall at left centre, Josh to move over to the right where he is just as adept, but he's a better defender and can help keep tabs on Adam Lawton who is one of their main attacking threats.

1 hour ago, Phil Briscoe said:

JD to centre? He never lets us down wherever and whenever he plays.

No. Let's play the centre we have in the squad who hadn't been getting a game: Hall. JD is a great flexible option, but we have better centre alternatives. 

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Lyons is a half back and started in that position when they put 40 past Halifax. But the point is valid, he'll probably be partnered by Owens whereas their preferred starting halves would be Craven and Gilmore.

That's true he was a regular starter at seven but has missed the last three been injured so they put him back in squad cos craven who's played every game in the halves is out

The big question is would he have been included if craven was fit

47 minutes ago, Rovers fev said:

Wouldn’t mind seeing Brisco to centre, he’s slowed down a little last few year(although ran the length last week) but defensively he’s sound and it lets us maybe go for evans or hall on the wing 

Might work, but my only doubt would be his passing. He’s played better in recent weeks, I’d keep him on the wing. 

39 minutes ago, lingaro said:

Batley beat Toulouse 👍 

Just got back nice way to spend a sunny Sat  for a tenner.For those who do stats on the slope.Batley scored 10 uphill firsr half and 7 downhill second half.Toulouse 12 points downhill and 4 uphill.They were 10 nil down but scored two quick converted tries on 34 and 37 min.Toulouse scored first in the second half to make it 16=10 Batley equalised half way through the second half.Then Batley no 7 dropped a goal 30yards out in front of the sticks with about 10 min left.Quite a few mistakes from both sides.Toulouse passed the ball quicker and more often.And i am pleased to report i thought the ref had a good game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rovers fev said:

Wouldn’t mind seeing Brisco to centre, he’s slowed down a little last few year(although ran the length last week) but defensively he’s sound and it lets us maybe go for evans or hall on the wing 

Agree with trying Briscoe at centre.  He played there a bit for Leeds in his last spell with them.  Given his undoubted finishing prowess I just don't think we are utilising him enough.  He rarely gets the ball in much space (apart from returning kicks).  Also defensively against Sheff he was left in impossible 2 v 1 situations for their first 3 tries (although thats another story).   

29 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

0-30 full time, can't argue with a clean sheet away from home, even against a toothless Widnes team. Coaching staff will be very pleased at that. 11 from 11.

Good defensive showing after last weeks shakey effort even if Widnes couldn’t throw shapes at us like Sheffield to nil Any side is a massive achievement