2023 Challenge Cup Quarter Final Draw

8 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I'm abroad on holiday for the cup final, part of me would like us to get knocked out to avoid the conversation with the missus 🤣🤣🤣

Don’t tell her just nip off for a paper and get a flight back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I'm abroad on holiday for the cup final, part of me would like us to get knocked out to avoid the conversation with the missus 🤣🤣🤣

My Wife had booked our Son's christening and I found out that Rovers where at home to Leeds that day. This is 1976. I rang the vicar and cancelled it, without telling her and told her about 2 weeks later. Our son is 47 now and I still get reminded about it and she likes to tell everyone, that he was nearly 6 months old before she could get another date for the christening. She should have checked the Hull KR fixtures. They come first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ullman said:

We're at home to a team only two points and two places ahead of us in the table.

Can't complain about that.

You know my feelings about being at home! ☹️

And Sintellerns have played one game less but you already knew that.

Good to see that Hull City* are allowing us to play the game at their stadium.

(*Not strictly correct as it's the SMC but added to save the least bright remote incandescent body from posting their usual inaccurate tripe.)

• Confused 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

You know my feelings about being at home! ☹️

And Sintellerns have played one game less but you already knew that.

Good to see that Hull City* are allowing us to play the game at their stadium.

(*Not strictly correct as it's the SMC but added to save the least bright remote incandescent body from posting their usual inaccurate tripe.)

Just out of interest have Hull fc ever played one of their home games at Hkr's ground and visa versa ?

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Just out of interest have Hull fc ever played one of their home games at Hkr's ground and visa versa ?

Not sure but I it certainly hasn’t happened in my years of watching.

If you go back far enough Hull FC’s home games were played down Craven Street, East Hull if memory serves while Hull KR played in West Hull, possibly at the Boulevard but I may have got that wrong.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Is that confirmed, BBC website has Wigan down as the Saturday game TBC

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

10 hours ago, Padge said:

Is that confirmed, BBC website has Wigan down as the Saturday game TBC

Confirmed for the DW which is a relief too, as the pitch wasn't meant to be ready until 30th June for the Huddersfield game:

19 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Not sure but I it certainly hasn’t happened in my years of watching.

If you go back far enough Hull FC’s home games were played down Craven Street, East Hull if memory serves while Hull KR played in West Hull, possibly at the Boulevard but I may have got that wrong.

In my years of watching(1945-1966) occasional games between Hull and Rovers were played at Boothferry Park( Hull City's old ground).

Rovers in the early 1880's did play at the Boulevard for a few years.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, George Watt said:

In my years of watching(1945-1966) occasional games between Hull and Rovers were played at Boothferry Park( Hull City's old ground).

Rovers in the early 1880's did play at the Boulevard for a few years.

A fair few were played relatively recently also mate, well, compared to your history of watching. The most recent, as far as I can recall was 1997, although looking through the stats on the internet it claims it was played at the Boulevard.

Not sure if that's correct.

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/second-division-1997/hull/summary.html

This says the home defeat by Hull KR was played at the Boulevard on 10/8/1997 but the score of 22-24 is the same score as the game played at Boothferry Park on 10th August, and to prove this, here's the video :

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Damien said:

Confirmed for the DW which is a relief too, as the pitch wasn't meant to be ready until 30th June for the Huddersfield game:

Latics need the bar money.

• Haha 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

4 hours ago, Damien said:

They looked at the wakefiled pitch beginning of the season and said "well its still better than that even if its been totally ripped up.. game on!" :kolobok_ph34r:

• Haha 1