Fax game.

Ovenden Grunt

33 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

I never ever back York, we either play like we did against Leigh for the first half, or we play like we've never seen a rugby ball in our life's 

And every 15 or so years, we have a good season. 

• Like 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

43 minutes ago, Cam varley said:

Just seen hingano walking into ground with protective boot on 

The line up is one of the most bizarre I've seen.. Not sure what's going on? Hingano named as 18th man but has a boot on his foot..No Glover,Teanby, Clarkson at centre? If Hingano is genuinely injured again then as much as I think he's a great player we have to move on and replace him. A luxury we can't afford. He plays 2 and then hes out for a month.

3 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

What a great win, well done everyone, sounds like we only had 15 fit players.

Could kick start your season a win like this against a top team like Halifax ,confidence will be a lot better.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

What a great win, well done everyone, sounds like we only had 15 fit players.

Does anyone know why Jubb didn't play today? Henderson said he was just rested on Wednesday. Kirmond played Wednesday too, did he get injured then?

Seems odd to only use 15 if either/both of those were fit.

1 minute ago, Barley Mow said:

Does anyone know why Jubb didn't play today? Henderson said he was just rested on Wednesday. Kirmond played Wednesday too, did he get injured then?

Kirmond went off on Wednesday night, presume he's injured

• Thanks 1

Best I've seen the Knights play for quite a while, after a dodgy first quarter the lads got on top of Fax and blunted many of their attacks. When Liam Harris is on song he is very creative like today, just need more of it Liam thank you very much. Well done everybody.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No Hingano or Teanby, Hingano was 18th man, on the bench Ward and Pratt just weren’t used, Glover said he should be back next week. It would be hard for Hendo to drop any of the 15 who went on the field today, Antrobus and Dee were putting the work in, Daley did well and Harrison found his kicking boots, the two touchline conversions were the icing on the cake for his two tries. Santi looks to be a very good acquisition too. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Jubby was sat in the stand he had strapping round his knee this may be the reason but just guessing.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Jubby has a infection in his knee and didn't even happen in training or playing you couldn't make it up.

Absolute fabulous performance today and a much needed 2points against one of the top teams in the championship only downside is that we are still lacking numbers as two of the subs were young backs and didn't even get used.

Fantastic result everyone put 100% great defence to keep fax tryless in the second half.

What a try by AJ but for me Josh Daley was outstanding taking us forward from dummy half all match and good to see Bailey back.

I think we are more settled with Harris in the side as good as Hingaro is we are more structured with Harris.

This result has been coming for a while and hopefully build confidence going into the rest of the season.

Next week is a massive game at keighley a win there and we ease the pressure but pile the pressure on them  perform like we did today and we will be fin.

• Like 5

Welcome back Liam Harris. It was good to see him back. Time to think about getting rid of Hingaro for next season and P P. Hinfaro arrived injured and P P has never got going. It's great to see the young lads in AJ and Myles Harrison taking there chances in the team well. Players like these are the future of York 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Wiggyroad said:

Welcome back Liam Harris. It was good to see him back. Time to think about getting rid of Hingaro for next season and P P. Hinfaro arrived injured and P P has never got going. It's great to see the young lads in AJ and Myles Harrison taking there chances in the team well. Players like these are the future of York 

Hingano when he is fit is a class act, who would you play at stand off given Harris is a scrum half? If we could get them two playing off each other there wouldn’t be many better in this league, the reasons for Hingano picking up injuries need to be looked into if they haven’t already. As good as Cunningham is filling in at stand off, and don’t get me wrong , he has been magnificent, he is more of a utility player. Sadly there aren’t that many halves out there to replace Hingano.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Wiggyroad said:

when fit hingano would be one of the first names on the teamsheet , players don,t get injured on purpose , harris did have a great game and it was a great team performance , let,s continue to back em in these tough times

• Like 4

Hingano is a class act when fit, but he's rarely fit. As much as I want him to play every week and run the show he plays 2 and then goes missing for a month. What's wrong with him now? We can't have players like that no matter how good they are.

Harris surprised me today. He wasn't in the best of form before he got injured but came good today and showed his class.

I thought we were excellent today. I couldn't understand the team selection as it seemed bizarre, but full credit to them as that was an excellent performance and hopefully we can kick on from here.  A much needed win.