Up next Fax at the Fox,s Biscuit Stadium

Batley Bob

Without a massive lift in form, I know we'll say what a journey upto Barrow, difficult circumstances etc etc, good opposition, but we were far from cohesive yesterday, lacked variation, fouled up on the easy parts of the game, I'm sure the coaches took nothing away from it except the 2 points. Massive, quick overhaul needed or Halifax, coming of the vaccine of their loss, will be in no mood to lose again.

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Without a massive lift in form, I know we'll say what a journey upto Barrow, difficult circumstances etc etc, good opposition, but we were far from cohesive yesterday, lacked variation, fouled up on the easy parts of the game, I'm sure the coaches took nothing away from it except the 2 points. Massive, quick overhaul needed or Halifax, coming of the vaccine of their loss, will be in no mood to lose again.

Don't know where you get all this from, a massive shift in form! We have had 1 loss in 9 games, yes it wasn't pretty yesterday but a few out and a few in and moving players around will cause a bit of incoherence, also conditions will have dictated how the game was managed, both teams struggled yesterday! And I'm sure the coaches will have plenty to say about how the game was managed and played, I'm also sure the players will know they weren't at there best yesterday and will have a totally different mind set for the halifax game, no massive overhaul needed! We have the players to beat any team at any time! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What I say is "Let them bother about us and us not them", what will be will be, but I see a win for the Bulldogs.

9 hours ago, phildog said:

If you can be this negative after the season we're having imagine how hard it's going to be for you next season when we're in Superleage where there's a good chance we will lose every game. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Chris_T said:

If you can be this negative after the season we're having imagine how hard it's going to be for you next season when we're in Superleage where there's a good chance we will lose every game. 

The guy couldn’t be positive if we won 60-0 he’d find something to moan about 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I don't mind Phil's posts (usually). I think he has a love of the club at heart, unlike some previous posters on here who are thankfully long gone. And as it's an open forum, his views elicit plenty of debate.

Back to the rugby,  it is interesting to see how our expectations have shifted recently.  A win at Barrow is always tough and to be welcomed when they happen. I was following on twitter as am sadly away, and even when we went a try down, l had every expectation that we would turn it around and get the win. We aren't playing the free flowing game of the past couple of seasons,  but there is a lot to admire about this side. 

Edited by distantdog
  • Like 2

For what it's worth I expect a Fax win. Don't ask me where I get that optimism from as we were dreadful at York fir the last 60 minutes. I did expect us to struggle at York and we certainly did, although tipping on Fax this season is a dodgy hobby. Hopefully we have no dual reg in this week to upset the apple cart and we can pull off a season saving win. Up The Fax❗💙 🏉 🤍 

This will be another tough ask for the lads. We need the heavyweights back for this one, although I don't think Walshaw will be ready - we have really missed his contributions. Then again Fax have suffered more with Keyes being absent. We get the right bodies out there on Sunday, we win.

Form goes out the window for this game both teams know this is always a big game no matter what the circumstances, and there's never much between them, I reckon we are going to need all our big boys in for this one, think we need the win more than fax with our next 2 games being the 2 toughest of the season, 

• Like 1