Sunday 16th July: L1: Hunslet V Oldham: KO 3.00pm, South Leeds Stadium, Leeds

Bedford Roughyed

15 minutes ago, m brooksy said:

I'd go

McNally, Rawsthorne, Carr, Morgan , Gabriel, Ridyard, Ellis, Nelmes, Wilkinson, Moran, Baker, Cameron, Whittel. subs:Slater, Johnson, Hirst , Wilson. 

Agreed.  Lookin forward to the Hunslet game now.

2 hours ago, m brooksy said:

I'd go

McNally, Rawsthorne, Carr, Morgan , Gabriel, Ridyard, Ellis, Nelmes, Wilkinson, Moran, Baker, Cameron, Whittel. subs:Slater, Johnson, Hirst , Wilson. 

Agree but maybe start Johnson and get Meaodows in the team for either slater or Hirst 

Have I missed why Ah Van is missing?

• Sad 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 13/07/2023 at 13:39, jroyales said:

Does anybody know or is it just speculation?

Sadly, with Tyrer at 7 I feel we don't have a chance at Hunslet who appear to be going all out for second spot with their recent signings. Just curious how many are from Leeds?

No new signings from Leeds Jroyales . They are from Bradford, Halifax, and Batley all on loan. Although Campbell the winger from Batley has had an injury and has not played as late, shame as he's a powerful fast winger .

Why do we try to bash our way through bigger forwards?

If we play to our strengths ie throwing the ball about we would give any side in this division a good pasting.

Today we were second best throughout the game with no direction anywhere. I could comment on poor refereeing but the ref only sees what he sees.

Sadly, on that performance it's 1st division rugby next season because we can't beat the big boys. I hope i'm wrong but today it was rubbish!

Awful performance again and Littler has to face serious questions. Our attack was absolutely awful in the first half, we play so slowly we never look like scoring. Our only try came from chasing our own restart and Carr doing magnificently to catch it then power over. 

Thought Hirst, Rawsthorne and Gabriel tried hard but almost everyone else was poor.  Big questions around McNally and Ridyard especially once Paga and Ellis are available. Both players have dropped off massively since the early part of the season and are starting to show their age. Will be the play offs for us now but on form we'll be going straight out.

• Sad 1

Hard to knock littler too much when we don’t have a steady half back pairing but we have some quality players for this division and today was 💩 

something needs to change because we’re going into playoffs with no hope 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

By all accounts Littler won't be around much longer anyway, but he can't be moved on soon enough.

Hunslet gifted us the ball over and over early on and a team with a plan would have been out of sight. Fair enough, we're missing quality at half back, but there's no excuse for how poor that was.

Once the opposition get on top, there's no answer from the sidelines and our discipline falls off a cliff, the amount of times this season one try is quickly followed by another against us...

Impressed with Johnson and Gabriel who look an upgrade, hopefully Ellis can come in and really change us going forwards. Only positive to take away is the team that goes there in the play offs should have a lot more creativity in it.

• Like 3

Awful today, so much positivity and progress off the pitch not being backed up on it sadly, can't see it being long before we have Mike Ford as head coach , as the board desperate for championship rugby next season, and how things are at the moment I don't see it happening without a change in coach 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

Widnes bound?

I’ve heard he’s got the Widnes job and his heart doesn’t seem in it anymore. The performance was flat and it looks like he’s lost the dressing room. He should be doing much better with what he’s got at his disposal. Big decisions needed by the board. Personally I think it’s time to part ways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jroyales said:

Why do we try to bash our way through bigger forwards?

If we play to our strengths ie throwing the ball about we would give any side in this division a good pasting.

Today we were second best throughout the game with no direction anywhere. I could comment on poor refereeing but the ref only sees what he sees.

Sadly, on that performance it's 1st division rugby next season because we can't beat the big boys. I hope i'm wrong but today it was rubbish!

Totally agree cant beat top half of division only the lower teams, no change from last season. Wont be promoted this year. 

Also feel with two directors leaving so soon after joining the club, all is maybe not well. 

Some poor takes on todays game on here, we were in complete control in the first 30 minutes of the game, our forward pack Johnson Whittle Wilkinson were great unfortunately our new half back pairing didn’t click and we didn’t make the most of our dominance, also our second row forwards and centres as I’ve said before do not hit the correct lines at pace. Go and get a strong ball running second row please. Our bench was really poor today and our attack didn’t flow. We go again.  

46 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

I’ve heard he’s got the Widnes job and his heart doesn’t seem in it anymore. The performance was flat and it looks like he’s lost the dressing room. He should be doing much better with what he’s got at his disposal. Big decisions needed by the board. Personally I think it’s time to part ways.

We're in the strange position of club and coach both waiting to move on, it seems.