The 2024 Kit Thread

• 2 weeks later...

not quite kit related.. but does loosely feature some kit.

Frazer Davidson, a well known branding designer (among other things) is currently doing an unofficial rebrand of NRL and SL clubs on his instagram account.

Well worth checking out if your a fan of club branding and kit design.
https://www.instagram.com/frazdav/?img_index=1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

27 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Frazer Davidson, a well known branding designer (among other things) is currently doing an unofficial rebrand of NRL and SL clubs on his instagram account.

The Warington and Leeds ones are absolutely terrible! Which is strange because some of his other stuff is pretty good

55 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I don’t personally see the point of these unofficial rebrandings. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

I don’t personally see the point of these unofficial rebrandings. 

I think its just a bit of fun. Many designers do this type pf thing cos they can, and enjoy it.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

The Warington and Leeds ones are absolutely terrible! Which is strange because some of his other stuff is pretty good

The warrington one is a bit ######, and looks like a quick rough (by his standards) - Leeds one while i don't particularly think its great, i think its an improvement on the current one - though that one was from 2018 - think he's currently going to be doing all NRL and SL teams - so will be interesting to see. These types of projects tend to follow his own signature style, rather than what would necessarily be best for the club - were they to rebrand. The Roosters one for example is fun, and very much his style - but think its far too playful to be considered in reality.

Any old wrestling fans (like me) should check out his 3D models.

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

On 04/10/2023 at 16:52, EastLondonMike said:

I think that St. Helens one is brilliant. Not a fan of the shield they adopted always thought it looked cheap.

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

4 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I think that St. Helens one is brilliant. Not a fan of the shield they adopted always thought it looked cheap.

Agree it's nice. The hull FC one has gone up today too. And looks good IMO. clean and simple. They all fit into his caricature style - but nice nonetheless.

Edited by EastLondonMike

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

On 24/09/2023 at 12:16, DI Keith Fowler said:

remote.jpeg.ba622fa9ac1641db3963485e1fc36d29.jpeg

Australia PMs XIII shirt by Classic. You can reasonably assume the Australia jersey will be more or less this but with green sleeves and Gallagher sponsor. 

Well that's me made to look a fool. They've only gone and put a weird collar on it. 

F7-QWEybsAAOBVs.jpeg.c8b2865efc0e019c536d419fc8496c93.jpeg

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

22 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

The current Saints one is a mess. Way too busy. Their previous one was great, I've no idea why they felt the need to change it.

Simple is better.

• Like 2
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

20 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Agree it's nice. The hull FC one has gone up today too. And looks good IMO. clean and simple. They all fit into his caricature style - but nice nonetheless.

Yeah I don't mind the Hull one. Simplistic is better these days. Lettering seems slightly too small though if I'm going to be picky!

Shame our logo doesn't have much to do with the club identity and more the city. Don't think the Airlie Bird would look good on a logo! 

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

4 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

The current Saints one is a mess. Way too busy. Their previous one was great, I've no idea why they felt the need to change it.

Simple is better.

I hate naff shields at the best of times and that's one of the worst. Likewise I don't like the Rhinos one this guy has created; even if the image was good - which it isn't - they need to set the Rhino free from being trapped in the little shield!

Leeds training range which is usually suggestive of the new kit design.

The club has clearly now given up entirely on having its own club colours and has just decided that any old blue will do nowadays, as long as it's paired with Leeds Building Society gold.

13456.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, M j M said:

This is confirmation BTW that as expected Leeds BS have extended their deal as lead sponsors again.

That’s good news, nationally well known brands as SL sponsors seem like a rarity these days, it’s just Leeds, Wire and Salford off the top of my head. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eddie said:

That’s good news, nationally well known brands as SL sponsors seem like a rarity these days, it’s just Leeds, Wire and Salford off the top of my head. 

It also shows that for all the Leeds club is a mess rhetorics that they are a very well run club, that will be over 16 years with the same main sponsor 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, M j M said:

Leeds training range which is usually suggestive of the new kit design.

The club has clearly now given up entirely on having its own club colours and has just decided that any old blue will do nowadays, as long as it's paired with Leeds Building Society gold.

13456.png

That looks like two completey different ranges from different years.

I much prefer the darker blue than the lighter blue.

• Like 2