Fri 4th Aug: SL: Wigan Warriors v Hull KR KO 20:00

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull KR

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/08/23 at 19:30

Sky will regret having chosen this fixture now, looking at Hull KR's squad, which features reserves/academy/loanees and Jimmy Keinhorst. Obviously they weren't to know that this was going to happen. I think the Pies have made only one change from their squad that beat us easily last weekend.

5 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Thought SKY are showing Wire v Catalans!

HKR squad numbers 17-40something tells you everything.

Wigan could improve their points difference with this one.

am sure its wire v catalans too

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Ethan Ryan, Tom Opacic, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Matt Parcell, George King, Kane Linnett, Elliot Minchella, Jez Litten, Rhys Kennedy, James Batchelor, Mikey Lewis, Sam Luckley and Brad Schneider all drop out of the 21-man squad this week.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zilla Budgie said:

Oh I see, just that this topic thread has Sky in brackets.

2 games at the same time have sky in brackets - unless sky are showing 2 games on different platforms which I doubt

29 minutes ago, Thunder Road said:

Ethan Ryan, Tom Opacic, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Matt Parcell, George King, Kane Linnett, Elliot Minchella, Jez Litten, Rhys Kennedy, James Batchelor, Mikey Lewis, Sam Luckley and Brad Schneider all drop out of the 21-man squad this week.

what happened to been fined for fielding a weakened team?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, meast said:

That was the reason the naming of squads came in, as long as a coach names a 21 man squad he can then pick any 17 from that squad, it's not 2010 anymore 😜 

how many are there in a squad?

20 minutes ago, meast said:

People always have the assumption that teams who field untested players are going to get a hammering but it doesn't always work out that way.

Usually you see these weakened teams play with little fear or nothing to lose but everything to gain.

It's not always a walkover.

Interesting point about the concept of weakened squads. I've just been reading Ian Holloway's book (football but great read) and he talks about getting fined for fielding a so-called weakened team. His point is that if he has registered x amount of players and the squad has been approved by the league, there should be no problem rotating players. For what it's worth I'd be inclined to agree and assume it's the same in this case, although what I like less is that it usually seems to mean a team has taken their eye off the ball for this game (understandable, but I'm still not a fan of the approach).

• Like 2

• John Drake changed the title to Fri 4th Aug: SL: Wigan Warriors v Hull KR KO 20:00

Hull KR are going for the "highest total number across players shirts" world record on Friday night... 😂

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

what happened to been fined for fielding a weakened team?

They're all injured and in doubt for the final the following weekend. We're very nervous over in East Hull. 

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

11 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Hull KR are going for the "highest total number across players shirts" world record on Friday night... 😂

House!

• Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Is Hull KR's no. 27 any relation to Cat Stevens?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

36 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Is Hull KR's no. 27 any relation to Cat Stevens?

They could be Father & Son

I'll get my coat. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

They're all injured and in doubt for the final the following weekend. We're very nervous over in East Hull. 

I don't blame revers for doing this but it is a good job the match is not vital. Imagine the uproar if they were playing wakey or cas

1 minute ago, super major said:

I don't blame revers for doing this but it is a good job the match is not vital. Imagine the uproar if they were playing wakey or cas

Agreed. Although on current form even this side would beat either of them 🤣