Fri 4th Aug: SL: Castleford Tigers v Huddersfield Giants KO 20:00

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/08/23 at 19:30

18 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Andy Last sacked apparently.

feel sorry for him to be honest.

Tbf, while I never like seeing a manager sacked, they are woeful and the board have got to do something quick or they’re down so the decision is understandable. 

Edited by Eddie

Strange time to sack the guy.  Surely that result and margin what most people expected.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Just got back and i have to say that's probably the easiest win we will have for a long time, we hardly got out of 2nd gear and on the way home none of us in my car could remember a single moment in that game where Castleford actually threatened our line or got inside our 10 metre line, there was also 0 support for the Cas players on the pitch at all tonight apart from a couple of half assed 'gerrintoem's', any noise was vitriol aimed at the coach and board, surely as supporters helping the team comes 1st?.

By the way Sam Halsall is some talent, he was magnificent again tonight, also loved seeing Milner score and the emotion from him and the rest of our lads in celebrating it.

Well another coach has gone and with every club it's the same players that are left.

Our late run for the Premiership is underway, in Watto we trust!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

The board gave him the job not so long back.

Yes and they think they’ve made a mistake and are trying to rectify it. The Lee Radford appointment was a baffling one, even at the time, from the outside it looks like they’ll struggle to recover from that. 

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

Tbf, while I never like seeing a manager sacked, they are woeful and the board have got to do something quick or they’re down so the decision is understandable. 

I know "the board"/owners want results, as it is always is finance driven, but there should be some sort of loyalty. It should work both ways. Appoint someone and stick with them even in the low times. 

I noted Sylvain has just had is 10 yr anniversary with TO this last week. I wonder how successful they could have been If they sacked him in the middle of last year.

46 minutes ago, kiggy said:

I know "the board"/owners want results, as it is always is finance driven, but there should be some sort of loyalty. It should work both ways. Appoint someone and stick with them even in the low times. 

I noted Sylvain has just had is 10 yr anniversary with TO this last week. I wonder how successful they could have been If they sacked him in the middle of last year.

I take your point but are you saying Cas should stick with him even if it means going down, versus a chance of staying up? 

8 hours ago, daz39 said:

Beware daz,

Four Swallows, doth not make a Summer!

On another point you say you wrote the post on your return home, and you already knew of Andy Last bring relieved of his position, at what time and how was that news delivered? Just curios.

Edited by Harry Stottle

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Beware daz,

Four Swallows, doth not make a Summer!

On another point you say you wrote the post on your return home, and you already knew of Andy Last bring relieved of his position, at what time and how was that news delivered? Just curios.

It was a more tongue in cheek comment, i still don't think we will make the top 6 but after the season we've had we can be given a bit of leeway for getting excited now, and one of our lot said he hadn't done his press conference and we joked he'll have been sacked, turned out it was true.

• Like 1

On 04/08/2023 at 22:58, Chrispmartha said:

The board gave him the job not so long back.

That was a strange (cheap) appointment I thought at the time, he didn't really impress in a caretaker role, didn't really impress much at Hull and Cas fans didn't seem too enamoured by him or his methods, really strange that the board thought he could be the man to successfully manage what looked a fairly average squad.

Still, glad we won again, didn't go to the game so can't comment but with a game in hand to come on Sunday, we are right back in the play off mix, and to think a lot of our fans were wanting Watson to be marched out of the club a few short weeks back.

On 05/08/2023 at 00:00, daz39 said:

Just got back and i have to say that's probably the easiest win we will have for a long time, we hardly got out of 2nd gear and on the way home none of us in my car could remember a single moment in that game where Castleford actually threatened our line or got inside our 10 metre line, there was also 0 support for the Cas players on the pitch at all tonight apart from a couple of half assed 'gerrintoem's', any noise was vitriol aimed at the coach and board, surely as supporters helping the team comes 1st?.

By the way Sam Halsall is some talent, he was magnificent again tonight, also loved seeing Milner score and the emotion from him and the rest of our lads in celebrating it.

Well another coach has gone and with every club it's the same players that are left.

As easy as the previous 2 games against them?

To think a lot of our lot wanted Watto sacked and refused to go to games or have anything to do with the club or the Supporters Assocation while he was head coach 😄  

1 hour ago, meast said:

To think a lot of our lot wanted Watto sacked and refused to go to games or have anything to do with the club or the Supporters Assocation while he was head coach 😄  

A lot easier, they were no threat whatsoever and unlike the other games i never felt they'd score or even look dangerous.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, meast said:

I am one who has not been over the moon with Watsons style of coaching meast, iv'e never called for his sacking ( i don't think that i can remember ) but i would have been far from surprised if it had happened at some point in the dreadful run we had . There have been plenty coaches with no worse a record than Mr Watson who have lost their job and when you consider the money he has had to play with his record is nothing to shout about. To be honest at one or two of the ( bigger) more successful clubs he would have been down the road with both hands in one pocket long before now.

I am as happy as the next person that we seem to have turned some sort of corner but four wins ( two against the bottom two sides ) is hardly enough for me to be throwing my cap in the air and booking my ticket for Old Trafford just yet, we have some very good sides to play yet. I've been watching this side for 70 years now and iv'e seen all the ups and down's in that time, and to be honest there have been more downs than up's so i make no apologies for my opinion ( and it is just my opinion ) that with the length of time he has been with the club and the money he has had to spend I just don't think his record is anything special, Yes we had a relatively good season last year but ultimately we won nothing, So yes happy to be getting a few wins again but feet still firmly on the ground.

• Like 1

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt