Leigh Kit

I'm not a fan, I think it looks tacky, chavvy, cheap and rough.

However, it seems to have a market amongst Leigh people and ultimately that's what and who it's aimed at and it's obviously become a fashion thing aided by Leigh's tremendously well performing team.

The club and fans are riding high at the moment and deservedly so, it possibly could have been a different story had they been scrapping at the bottom.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, meast said:

I'm not a fan, I think it looks tacky, chavvy, cheap and rough.

However, it seems to have a market amongst Leigh people and ultimately that's what and who it's aimed at and it's obviously become a fashion thing aided by Leigh's tremendously well performing team.

The club and fans are riding high at the moment and deservedly so, it possibly could have been a different story had they been scrapping at the bottom.

You came so close then Meast to actually posting a positive comment.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, super major said:

Maybe they will follow your lead

I bet Radders is looking into it now, visiting knowsley safari park for inspiration

Mmmmm, an animal beginning with W? 🤔. After all, Whitehaven are the original Warriors so maybe they too need a plan B 🤣

What Leigh have done this year is have great success on the pitch with a very good Super League season to date and an outstanding Challenge Cup win.

Fans love success and there were loads of Leigh fans on Saturday enjoying that success embracing the kit and the wider leopard print look.

What we don't know is how those same fans would feel about the kit should they have had a poor season.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Saw the Leigh kit in the flesh, as it were, for first time yesterday, as a guy was wearing it at a London railway station when we were on our way back from watching some cricket in the capital. It's certainly got novelty value, and the black and white with red eyes version wasn't as ugly as all the forum chat last year had led me to expect. Maybe worth keeping for Magic or future Grand Finals or World Club Challenge. The colour version they used yesterday looked pretty nasty to me.

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

What Leigh have done this year is have great success on the pitch with a very good Super League season to date and an outstanding Challenge Cup win.

Fans love success and there were loads of Leigh fans on Saturday enjoying that success embracing the kit and the wider leopard print look.

What we don't know is how those same fans would feel about the kit should they have had a poor season.

A fair point but the females love it. My wife hates it but here in Tenerife, I have never seen so much leapard print in my life. I doubt hardly any are Leigh fans so its in fashion for sure 

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

As I say, no matter how ugly some iterations, it's a distinctive identity. Should they win SL grand final and World Club Challenge game in it, shedding that brand look will be even more inconceivable.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, N2022 said:

Maybe we should talk up the good luck, talismanic qualities of the leopard shirt. Cue many more SL chairmen trying to replicate the model and some truly unforgettable wildlife-based shirts in 2024.

How Castleford haven't had a proper tiger print shirt in god knows how long is being me.

I'm sure the Hull Zebras will go down a treat.

• Haha 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

How Castleford haven't had a proper tiger print shirt in god knows how long is being me.

I'm sure the Hull Zebras will go down a treat.

Didn't Gatehull have that blue shark on the shirt? 

Scarborough had a bloody pirate and Sheffield?  Well, they went full Monty 😂😂

On 13/08/2023 at 10:09, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Leigh fans...

All-in on the rebrand now? Is it full colour leopard print next year? Black and white with red trim again like this year? Some other combination (like red and white leopard print)? Or back to tradition?

Leopards can’t change their tops, surely?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sam4731 said:

I absolutely hate it but you can bet they will have probably sold the more kits to neutral fans this season than any other club.

That would be an amazing result for them if true.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

That would be an amazing result for them if true.

Not sure about neutral fans but the club has definitely sold more merch this year than ever before and probably by some margin. The club can't get it in fast enough to meet demand and every range they drop is selling out within a week or 2. 

• Like 2

Somehow, its become the greatest rebrand in rugby league history. The shirts are awful and the logo really quite poor, but the choice of leopard was inspired - it gives the fans multiple easy ways to personalise the brand and participate in it by spending relatively little on all kinds of leopard print stuff.  The cheesier and dafter, the better. 

I entirely agree that a huge part of the success has been due to having a great team.  After decades of recurring downward spirals, the club has now the opportunity to cement itself in the upper reaches of SL for years to come. 

A very high category B rating looks nailed on. Surely, the RFL will grant an academy license, (even if they have to take it off a less successful club like Warrington) and that will stop much of the drain to neighbouring clubs.  Then we will be attracting back local people who went elsewhere to watch SL as well as preventing the new generation from doing the same.

As you can likely tell, I am really excited about what might be in store  - always remembering, though, what happened to Leicester!