Keighley away up next

Batley Bob

18 hours ago, Dog forever said:

This is a must win game , and I think we will.

Cougars  8

Dogs  38

I fully expect a comfortable win for you guys. We will probably be competitive for the opening 20 or so and then when the going gets tough, we usually tap out and teams run up a score against us. You beat us comfortably in the cup when we had a much better side than we do now, so I really can't see Sunday being anything other than a fairly comfortable win for you. Fingers crossed I'm wrong 😆

5 hours ago, redditchbulldog said:

possibly, but i'm sure they will do whats needed to get back on the winning trail

If they don't then there is something wrong. Keighley are in freefall at present, one of the favourites for the drop.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

19 hours ago, phildog said:

Even if we picked up any knocks down on the industrial estate we've got experience and strength in droves. This should be reasonably comfortable.

Cor phildog, you are positively upbeat.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, phildog said:

Even if we picked up any knocks down on the industrial estate we've got experience and strength in droves. This should be reasonably comfortable.

Also depends on recovery with the emotional stress from Wembley. That said, traditionally losers at Wembley tend to have a big win the next league game. Remember though that Cougars are fighting for Championship survival so will put up a fight.

On 16/08/2023 at 10:45, BullyXL said:

Also depends on recovery with the emotional stress from Wembley. That said, traditionally losers at Wembley tend to have a big win the next league game. Remember though that Cougars are fighting for Championship survival so will put up a fight.

Emotional stress in pints or halfs?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, scampyharris said:

How much brass would I save buying my ticket now rather than on the gate?

Same online as on the day. Think if you buy through the website in advance and tick that you're an away fan,  Batley get 20% of the sale 

• Thanks 2

The boys have to put last week's disappointment behind them and now focus on the league, some people saying this should be any easy win but we all know that there are no easy games in this division especially against a team fighting of relegation! This game is a must win to get the boys back on track, so not really bothered if we win by 2 or 102!

Really important now to come out blasting, can go back 3rd on Sunday as Fev have beaten Eagles tonight, that would just have us the lift before going into the home game with them. Win that and 3rd place is really on.

On a different tack, is it my imagination but in each shot of Linners tonight on TV he looked thoroughly p'd off, couldn't raise a smile.

11 hours ago, phildog said:

Really important now to come out blasting, can go back 3rd on Sunday as Fev have beaten Eagles tonight, that would just have us the lift before going into the home game with them. Win that and 3rd place is really on.

On a different tack, is it my imagination but in each shot of Linners tonight on TV he looked thoroughly p'd off, couldn't raise a smile.

Never noticed him next to Ward & Dorahy.

11 hours ago, phildog said:

Not surprised he didn't look happy the way Cas played! A poor team beating a poorer team! Not very entertaining! 

Edited by The scrim reaper

Will you be taking 1000+ on this short journey, by the way?

• Haha 1

On 17/08/2023 at 18:52, scampyharris said:

How much brass would I save buying my ticket now rather than on the gate?

45 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

If anyone is coming over to Keighley early doors there is the Keighley Cup T20 cricket finals day at KCC next to the rugby ground. I think it starts around 10:30am 👍

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Will you be taking 1000+ on this short journey, by the way?

No there will be 999, I'm missing it.

• Haha 1