Sheffield

Batley Bob

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Whilst we can name our team already....

Look on the bright side..

we'll all be dead soon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Always a tough game against Sheffield! I expect this one to be another tough one both teams are inconsistent at the moment! I think for us it's more important that we get that grinding attitude on board that we've had for so long and grind out a win! as I see thats just what this game could be! 

Edited by The scrim reaper

If McGowan not fit and Hooley unavailable, then JM to fullback (he used to play there for Broncos) and BW back into the halves with JW. This would allow BK or LB to start at hooker with AL coming off the bench. DM on one wing with hopefully JC on the other. If EK is fit then he needs to be in at centre. However, EK could go to wing leaving KB in at centre.

Edited by BullyXL

37 minutes ago, BullyXL said:

If McGowan not fit and Hooley unavailable, then JM to FB (he used to play there for Broncos) and BW back into the halves with JW. This would allow BK or LB to start at hooker with AL coming off the bench. DM on one wing with hopefully JC on the other. If EK is fit then he needs to be in at centre. However, EK could go to wing leaving KB in at centre.

Got it....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BullyXL said:

If McGowan not fit and Hooley unavailable, then JM to fullback (he used to play there for Broncos) and BW back into the halves with JW. This would allow BK or LB to start at hooker with AL coming off the bench. DM on one wing with hopefully JC on the other. If EK is fit then he needs to be in at centre. However, EK could go to wing leaving KB in at centre.

You certainly know your ABC's🙄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BullyXL said:

OK

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BullyXL said:

Sent that to Bletchley park for decoding🤔😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

The BN (that's one for JPL) assures me that we are away at Sheffield tomorrow night and adds ominously that Sheffield Eagles have only been beaten at home twice this season.  Clearly not worth my visiting Sheffield tomorrow then.  Perhaps I'll go and get some fresh air at MP instead.

Edited by Bill H

19 hours ago, Bill H said:

The BN (that's one for JPL) assures me that we are away at Sheffield tomorrow night and adds ominously that Sheffield Eagles have only been beaten at home twice this season.  Clearly not worth my visiting Sheffield tomorrow then.  Perhaps I'll go and get some fresh air at MP instead.

Ha ha BH. BN needs to get the facts right because I C U R at MP tonight. OK and good luck Batley to win 20-12. TTFN.😄

• Like 1

Well as I feared it looks like we've decided to pack the season up now we've been to Wembley.

such a shame to finish on such a poor note....very very disappointed by the players to be honest.

predictable one trick pony rugby, hence the Interceptions (how many have we conceded this year?)

Can't see any improvement from last week and so it appears that Craig Lingard's appeal to them went on deaf ears.

Maybe thinking of future contracts with other teams? who knows 🤷‍♂️

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Never done this before in 62 years, 20 minutes to go and I'm leaving and I'm not alone, people are streaming out, I'm watching them from the car as I send this. What an absolute shower, rudderless, leaderless, spiritless, call it what you will, lack of recruitment and spending, loaning out etc has come home to roost. This is rrminisecent of bad, bad years.

• Like 1

Like I said,I'm so so disappointed with the players attitude. 

This is squarely on them.

No excuses I'm afraid. 

As I post this I do not even know tonight’s score. Obviously by the previous comments I assume it is not going well. A couple of weeks ago I posted that your team have done brilliantly over the past few years. However it really does need a damn good flush out and revamp. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Yes and for the first time in about 15 years I've walked out, the killer was 2 interception tries when we were on their 10 yards line. Enough said.

• Sad 1

Is it perhaps time for Linners to concentrate on one job and Moxon to take the reins and try and build for next season?

Incidently, I feel very sorry for KN given that the bold initiative to charge just a tenner for games appeared to be paying off with crowds begining to increase. We will be back down to our core support again if this slump isn't sorted sharpish.