Rumours for next season

DEANO

I think all of our aussie players could be on London's radar. There is a big Australian community not far from Wimbledon, a move down there could be an attractive proposition. Hopefully they are all settled here, and quite happy to stay if the Broncos come calling. 

Edited by HaxbyKnight

5 hours ago, andyacko said:

Think London going up, Toulouse staying down might have thrown an odd readjustment into our recruitment/retention plans. Just a hunch.

Does this have anything to do with a Toulouse player, Andy?

Always had a soft spot for the Bronocs - watched them a lot when I lived in London in the mid- 1990’s. They had a very good team back then. Funny old business getting promotion to Super League - most of the London players will have to find a new club. Not easy if they have settled lives in the south. Much easier if you live in the north and don’t fancy full-time/aren’t quite good enough. Makes you wonder how hard some of the Fev players tried….

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

Makes you wonder how hard some of the Fev players tried….

I've wondered that

Came to this conclusion 

If they won a lot of players would be out of a job because they simply wasn't good enough for super league. 

They lost knew failure would reduce their large salaries or even get moved on in trimming of the fat, where a team wanting their services would pay more than buying another player from say Swinton or Whitehaven. 

Problem these player's now have that with a pittance of central funding clubs just can't afford, and if figures for monthly wage bills at Featherstone are to believed.. They really need to cut back. 

York making some good signings and making the squad stronger, and I'm expecting you to fill Batley boots next season in the top 6.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, coolie said:

I'm expecting you to fill Batley boots next season in the top 6.

You mean like we did this season?

• Haha 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, coolie said:

I've wondered that

Came to this conclusion 

If they won a lot of players would be out of a job because they simply wasn't good enough for super league. 

They lost knew failure would reduce their large salaries or even get moved on in trimming of the fat, where a team wanting their services would pay more than buying another player from say Swinton or Whitehaven. 

Problem these player's now have that with a pittance of central funding clubs just can't afford, and if figures for monthly wage bills at Featherstone are to believed.. They really need to cut back. 

York making some good signings and making the squad stronger, and I'm expecting you to fill Batley boots next season in the top 6.

Don't you worry there will be plenty leaving, some of the wages i heard about were unreal. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Rather more as a consistent 

Than a flash in the pan😉

Finishing in the play off places for 3 out of the last 4 seasons is pretty consistent. 

• Like 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

9 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Don't you worry there will be plenty leaving, some of the wages i heard about were unreal. 

I heard some starship number wages were paided out monthly

It be honest I'm amazed you've survived with money leakage like that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coolie said:

I heard some starship number wages were paided out monthly

It be honest I'm amazed you've survived with money leakage like that. 

Got plenty of good income streams but it's still a lot for wages.

17 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Got plenty of good income streams but it's still a lot for wages.

But it's been all money blown, Campbell shouldn't have gone toe to toe with Dezzy and saved it for this year's assault, next season you've Wakefield, Sheffield, York, Toulouse (unless they drop back into French rugby as rumoured) 

I realistically don't see Featherstone ever going to super league. 

16 minutes ago, coolie said:

But it's been all money blown, Campbell shouldn't have gone toe to toe with Dezzy and saved it for this year's assault, next season you've Wakefield, Sheffield, York, Toulouse (unless they drop back into French rugby as rumoured) 

I realistically don't see Featherstone ever going to super league. 

Neither do we ,call it what yer will lol.

• Haha 1