Swinton at home.

spanishknight

Think Sundays game will be a lot closer than most predict, Swinton will be scrapping for championship survival , should make for an interesting game , keep an eye on George Roby who we are rumoured to have signed for next season 

• Like 1

Said it all season, this 21 man squad nonsense is the biggest pile of BS I’ve ever seen. It’s marketing under false pretences. If a player isn’t fit and has no chance of playing he shouldn’t be named. I know it’s some RL directive, but that doesn’t make it right. It should be an 17 man squad plus a reserve and that’s it.  

40 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

Said it all season, this 21 man squad nonsense is the biggest pile of BS I’ve ever seen. It’s marketing under false pretences. If a player isn’t fit and has no chance of playing he shouldn’t be named. I know it’s some RL directive, but that doesn’t make it right. It should be an 17 man squad plus a reserve and that’s it.  

What does it matter? What difference does it make to you?

• Like 1

A lot has been said about injuries and the 21 man squad this season personally it does not bother me I will turn up anyway to watch I usually see the team online as I’m walking to the ground. 

I have to ask this question out of curiosity do some fans only turn up only if certain players are playing or if there favourite players are injured won’t turn up?

Anyway back to the game hopefully we can carry on the momentum of the last few weeks and get another win, Swinton are a dangerous side when they throw the ball about and are fighting for there survival but feel we should just have too much for them.

• Like 4

With the forecast as it is we should have too much pace for Swinton, I would hope we will be moving the ball out via Harris and Hingano / Dee / Daley and using AJ, Bassy and whoever is fit at full back to their full potential. With a decent amount of grunt from our pack I think we will do well. Confidence is high, there isn’t too much pressure on the players except to do their best which is always good. Swinton have to win which does make them dangerous but if we can get a couple of scores in front I think their heads might drop a bit.

The thing that annoys me, is it would seem that at least 4 of those in the squad aren't fit. Brown was injured last week, and although we don't know the extent of the injury, I would guess there is no chance of him, Daley, Hingano and 2P's playing. Hopefully I am wrong. This whole charade of naming a 21 man squad is wrong, why not just  wait until match day, then name the 17 who are playing.

On the game itself it should be a decent game and if we play as we have done in the last few weeks we should run out winners.Hopefully the knights get a decent crowd with season ticket holders allowed to buy 2 extra tickets for a £5 each.

11 minutes ago, Puk said:

By naming your 21 man squad in advance your giving both clubs an insight who's going to be playing at the weekend,maybe it does need looking at it again.

I think the reason they brought this in was due to a incident a few years ago (2004) STHelens put out a very weakened team against Bradford but obviously this info has got out to certain individuals who bet bradford to beat St Helens which they did and it didn’t look good for the sport.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Puk said:

On the game itself it should be a decent game and if we play as we have done in the last few weeks we should run out winners.Hopefully the knights get a decent crowd with season ticket holders allowed to buy 2 extra tickets for a £5 each.

yes , taken advantage of this offer , hopefully a few more perks for the ticket holders next season

44 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

The thing that annoys me, is it would seem that at least 4 of those in the squad aren't fit. Brown was injured last week, and although we don't know the extent of the injury, I would guess there is no chance of him, Daley, Hingano and 2P's playing. Hopefully I am wrong. This whole charade of naming a 21 man squad is wrong, why not just  wait until match day, then name the 17 who are playing.

As far as I'm aware the club only need to notify the RL of their 21 man squad , no obligation to publicize the details , this maybe the way forward and as said name the 17 team one hour before K O as RL regs

6 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

😂 Where's the lie please?

17 of the 21 man squad named, plays. York would lose a substitution for the game otherwise.

Stop being so melodramatic.

Get over yourself you clown. People have a right to an opinion,  but you just seem to think what you say is right. This is an open forum site where we can give our opinions believe it or not .Get over yourself

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wiggyroad said:

Get over yourself you clown. People have a right to an opinion,  but you just seem to think what you say is right. This is an open forum site where we can give our opinions believe it or not .Get over yourself

Have a different opinion to gav at your peril

• Haha 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward