Sat 2nd -Sun 3rd Sept: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

24 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Right, fans are queuing up to get in( some do searches certainly bag searches at Fev) but how on earth can you tell if someone is a trouble causer before they go in ? 

You can't. But presumably there isn't an unlimited supply of idiots, so if you catch someone causing trouble once, you stop them coming in again and you make sure that away clubs know who they are too. And hopefully stewards are in a position to de-escalate things.

To be fair, I stopped going to Fev because it wasn't a safe or enjoyable place to take family members, and the club clearly wasn't bothered about having reduced numbers of away fans and didn't need my £100 or so. So if security and stewarding have got better recently, I wouldn't have noticed anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Griff said:

Previous experience. Fev folk keep saying it's just a few young lads. Is that not true? Is there, in reality, a constant stream of halfwits?

Decent stewarding would pick out folk once they were in anyway. You don't need to stop folk coming in. Let them pay for the privelege of being chucked out.

Well yeah didn't think of that lol, the stewards have to spread out more and some stand/sit with certain sections where it looks like trouble COULD start. 

33 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Well yeah didn't think of that lol, the stewards have to spread out more and some stand/sit with certain sections where it looks like trouble COULD start. 

Why are they standing and sitting ?  Why aren't they moving about ?  Why aren't they proactive ?  Are there too few stewards ?  Do the stewards you have watch the game or the crowd ?  Why do folk say the club is doing everything it can when there's clearly a ongoing problem ?   When will the excuses stop ?

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

I have it on good authority that from next season we will do the following

Remove the fan zone and in it's place install 4 sets of stocks. Each match day we will randomly select 4 young people between the age of 14 and 21 and place the said people in the stocks for any fans to throw rotten fruit.

Additionally, once a month the club will erect a large pool and ducking stool. A ballot will be taken amongst all away fans at half time, and the home spectator with most votes (Ref will be exempt) will receive a ducking at the end of the game. To be screened on the big screen.

Finally, an area will be set aside where, if anyone is found guilty of ANY minor indiscretion, we can have floggings handed out. 

We had to rule out hangings as this was thought to be too extreme.

Edited by bigbaldnmad
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Trojan said:

and you of course are totally unbiased

Hahaha. 

Go on then ill give you the time of day. 

What other reason would have a dozen drunken  scroats have for moving at half time  to stand above the tunnel,  in to what is widely known to be the area where the most vocal home fans situate? 

Especially given Fev were attacking the Rooley Lane end of the ground where the majority of there own fans were already stood?

3 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I have it on good authority that from next season we will do the following

Remove the fan zone and in it's place install 4 sets of stocks. Each match day we will randomly select 4 young people between the age of 14 and 21 and place the said people in the stocks for any fans to throw rotten fruit.

Additionally, once a month the club will erect a large pool and ducking stool. A ballot will be taken amongst all away fans at half time, and the home spectator with most votes (Ref will be exempt) will receive a ducking at the end of the game. To be screened on the big screen.

Finally, an area will be set aside where, if anyone is found guilty of ANY minor indiscretion, we can have floggings handed out. 

We had to rule out hangings as this was thought to be too extreme.

[sigh]

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

4 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Hahaha. 

What other reason would have a dozen drunken  scroats have for moving at half time  to stand above the tunnel,  in to what is widely known to be the area where the most vocal home fans situate? 

Especially given Fev were attacking the Rooley Lane end of the ground where the majority of there own fans were already stood?

So if you knew Fev fans had moved among the Bradford fans, knowing of the reputation  Fev have, why didn't you or other Bradford fans get the stewards involved. Seems to me as though  Bradford fans have been neglect in letting this happen.

2 minutes ago, wasginger said:

So if you knew Fev fans had moved among the Bradford fans, knowing of the reputation  Fev have, why didn't you or other Bradford fans get the stewards involved. Seems to me as though  Bradford fans have been neglect in letting this happen.

That is a weird take on events

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Spidey said:

That is a weird take on events

Nothing weird about my comments. It's common sense to me, if you know opposition fans with a reputation are in an area that has a possibility of kicking off, why not inform the stewards and nip it in the bud before there's a flare up. Mind you all the Bradford fans were probably concerned with Golf scores or talking about whether they should have worn their tights. Those in the know will understand that sentence. 😆

Edited by wasginger
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, wasginger said:

Nothing weird about my comments. It's common sense to me, if you know opposition fans with a reputation are in an area that has a possibility of kicking off, why not inform the stewards and nip it in the bud before there's a flare up. Mind you all the Bradford fans were probably concerned with Golf scores or talking about whether they should have worn their tights. Those in the know will understand that sentence. 😆

Considering the trouble makers got chucked out by stewards it’s obvious they were either monitoring the situation or were informed. 

The Bradford fans shouldn’t  have to deal with these idiots - it’s weird to blame the victims of the loutish behaviour and not the louts themselves 

5 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Hahaha. 

A dozen ?!!it was 5 when it was first announced 😆

4 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Hasn’t this been done to death now?. No one is going to change their mind on Fev etc, so not much point continuing the ‘debate’. Anyway, that’s me done on it.

People will change their mind when they see change at the club. It’s all too easy to say “I’m done” or dismiss it as trivial. If you don’t mind your club having this reputation that’s fine, that’s your prerogative- but don’t complain in the future if this ends up costing you in some way.

People are actually saying they don’t want to take their families to Featherstone due to fears of incidents occurring, and this is from supporters of different clubs, are you really okay with this?

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/09/2023 at 15:34, Ragingbull said:

Hahaha. 

I never said there were some bad apples in the Fev barrel.  There are in every barrel, and having seen Bulls fans' behaviour at close hand on many occasions I doubt they were all as innocent as the driven snow.  When the Bulls first came to PO Road the first game of the season after they were relegated, they strutted about as if they owned the place and were extremely and vocally very rude.  6  and 2 3's

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

On 21/09/2023 at 11:38, Griff said:

Including Fev then. Now you've said it.

There are bad apples in every barrel. That's life.  But this doesn't mean that the Bulls fans are totally innocent.  In my experience they are arrogant. Contemptible when winning are whingers when losing.  IMO they need a further period of correction in the championship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.