New Coach - Names in frame?

sheddingswasus

26 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

Elsewhere I have read it can't be announced until the Championship play offs are concluded

That makes complete sense. Even if the new coach has existing commitments, it won’t stop him being involved in recruitment for next season and that’s coming together nicely. Certainly with what’s been announced so far.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

I wonder if Lee Greenwood may be the one, as Eamonn O'Carroll is now head coach  at Bradford replacing Greenwood who is still listed as part of the team for next year?

Although others speculated it James Ford?

Highly likely that it could be either of those. I suppose as the remainder of the season unfolds we’ll find out. I’m not sure why a few people are getting their knickers in a twist about it to be honest.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jroyales said:

Isn't it about time we heard something from the club. Remember "it's our club".

I’m pretty sure the club would announce something if they were able to. It would make no sense to think otherwise. Comments like ‘it’s about time we heard something from our club, remember it’s our club’, suggests you are just looking for reasons to moan.

• Like 2

Although Sean Long as our new Head Coach would be a massive coup and statement, I would prefer to leave well alone. Great player though he was, he's certainly known for courting controversy, and wasn't sacked for nothing by Featherstone. In fact, their Chairman and ours appear to share a similar pugnacious character. My choice would be Kevin Sinfield, but he'd have to take a massive pay cut! Great times to be an Oldham Rugby fan, after 25yrs of survival/stagnation

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For the lower leagues you need a coach with experience of part-time RL and the demands that places upon the players. Trying too bring FT systems and levels of performances into a PT environment simply doesn't work. Different standards of fitness and mentality are at play.

Sean Long would not be the best option for you, in my opinion.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.