Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

17 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Just re-read the statement. Anyone else think the last sentence of this bit may also be the wrong way around?

We outlined previously that the 2024 season will be a season of rebuilding our squad.  Following the disappointments of last year where we have had record commercial investment in the Club, as well as significant financial support from Mark Campbell and Steven Clough, we will focus on ticking boxes on the field not off the field. 

I suspect not. I can't see any way we can get the 3 points or so needed to make the top 12. Kevin Nicholas has also said something similar.

8 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I suspect not. I can't see any way we can get the 3 points or so needed to make the top 12. Kevin Nicholas has also said something similar.

Not saying you're wrong, but seems a peculiar statement then, given it's alongside reference to cutting costs on the playing front.

Without having recently re-read the IMG criteria, I have wondered if their would be any benefit in actions such as reducing the stadium capacity to increase the utilisation score, etc.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

12 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I can't see any way we can get the 3 points or so needed to make the top 12.  t

We'll never know until we see the scores we've been given L the bulls have shown theirs and it would be interesting to see where  their extra 2 points over us came from

3 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Not saying you're wrong, but seems a peculiar statement then, given it's alongside reference to cutting costs on the playing front.

Without having recently re-read the IMG criteria, I have wondered if their would be any benefit in actions such as reducing the stadium capacity to increase the utilisation score, etc.

Personally I'd say that's a daft idea and be very surprised if such obvious manipulation of the scoring didn't get frowned upon .

3 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

We know for sure that 1 of those points came from catchment area. They score 1.5, we score 0.5.

Don't know about that  PH but here's their scores

Performance 2.17 out of 5  
Fandom 3.95   out of 5  
Finances 2.75 out of 4.5  
Stadium 0.89 out of 3  
Community 2.25 out of 2.5

2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Personally I'd say that's a daft idea and be very surprised if such obvious manipulation of the scoring didn't get frowned upon .

I'd agree it's daft. That said, we play by the rules set out and if thems the rules... I think we may see some interesting decision making from some clubs over the next couple of years.

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

5 minutes ago, POR said:

Fandom 3.95   out of 5  
Finances 2.75 out of 4.5  
Stadium 0.89 out of 3  

I did the sums ages ago. We have to divide the borough population by 3, and us, Cas and Wakey come out just below the threshold for 1 point so we score 0.5. Bradford come just above the threshold for 1.5 points even if Keighley were still in Championship and they had to divide their population by 2.

5 minutes ago, POR said:

Fandom 3.95   out of 5  
Finances 2.75 out of 4.5  
Stadium 0.89 out of 3  

Fandom is probably another area - they have almost double the number of Twitter, sorry X, followers and have had a big 'every like matters' campaign going for a while. Now whether many clicks are just reflex or real engagement matters not for the purposes of scoring. Not sure we'll match them on community either

4 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Any prizes for which iconic club mooted doing just that not long ago? presume they haven't actually done it though.

I'd have thought it more difficult for them as they share the ground with the stock car lot. I doubt they'd be best pleased should large swathes of the stadium be ruled unusable.

17 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Any prizes for which iconic club mooted doing just that not long ago? presume they haven't actually done it though.

IIRC, haven't another club not a million miles from us announced they'll be spending a comparatively large sum of money to reduce their capacity in order to make a small increase in corporate seating amongst other things, rather than significant improvements to their ageing facilities? Again, it's playing to the rules but misses the point of these changes are meant to improve the game off as well as on the pitch.

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb