Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

20 hours ago, tuutaisrambo said:

We're announcing a player tonight apparently.

Our Squad has been far too big the last 2 seasons....signing players and never playing them.....wasting money

Concentrate on youth and get a tight well drilled team and we'll be fine...........can't go up now.......won't go down

Build slowly and end the season like London did.

Can't say I'm that sad about any of the senior players leaving the squad.........doesn't look like too many have got offers a step up from Fev........JD has been awesome for us but he's past his best now.

Last season was a massive bust despite winning nearly every game........time for a rebuild.

Agree with most of that. Did some back-of-a-fag packet sums and given the players we know we are keeping plus the 2 new signings announced, we will be doing well to keep the remaining players not announced as leaving yet given we've been told we've halved our budget.

But we'll see. We've learned that nothing is decided in the first half of the season, let alone November the previous year.

Salford have just confirmed that Danny Addy is leaving them 👀

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

26 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

He's not going to say otherwise is he ?

On signing for Bradford, JD said "I didn't really want to leave Fev and come to to play on the world's smallest pitch, but needs must." 😉🤣🤣🤣

Edited by gazza77
  • Haha 2

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

10 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Agree with most of that. Did some back-of-a-fag packet sums and given the players we know we are keeping plus the 2 new signings announced, we will be doing well to keep the remaining players not announced as leaving yet given we've been told we've halved our budget.

But we'll see. We've learned that nothing is deceide in the first half of the season, let alone November the previous year.

Salford have just confirmed that Danny Addy is leaving them 👀

Once upon a time, we always used to have a number of players openly employed on a PT basis by the foundation. I've seen plenty of examples of players doing community work over the last few years, but nothing explicitly saying any were foundation employees. I wonder if that's an option to support one or two signings with additional income.

• Like 2

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

5 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Once upon a time, we always used to have a number of players openly employed on a PT basis by the foundation. I've seen plenty of examples of players doing community work over the last few years, but nothing explicitly saying any were foundation employees. I wonder if that's an option to support one or two signings with additional income.

Good point, especially as Foundation turnover is now a central component of the IMG points scoring system.

For example, if a Foundation had a 3-year turnover average of £40,000, by increasing it to £50,000 they would increase their IMG score by the same amount (0.25 points) as they would by winning the Championship Grand Final or the Challenge Cup.

41 minutes ago, plug said:

No better than some of the players we'v let go 

We know the club is reducing its investment in the squad by 50% this year. Are you expecting to bring in better players at half the price?

Given the drastic reduction to our budget, I think we've done well to retain Aekins, Springer, Gale, Lacans, Jones, maybe 2 or 3 others,  and sign Reynolds, Minikin and Addy. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bigbaldnmad said:

So much for getting rid of the over 30's...

yep he will be 33 come start of next season but it’s probably all fev can afford was hoping the old timers would become a thing of the past obviously not a player for the future 

1 hour ago, bigbaldnmad said:

So much for getting rid of the over 30's...