Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

Wow this is one that has split the fan base. On paper it doesn’t look like a signing that is going to set the world alight and he’s older than the kind of signing that I thought we would be trying to make. I know a lot of fans are upset about Davies signing for Bradford and this coming on the same day makes it worse, but the other way of looking at it is the players who have left were part of a team that apart from the 1895 cup lost every major game for the last 3 seasons. So maybe it’s time for a change and although we may not like it it’s probably needed.

I am taking the view that next season is going to be a rebuild and if we can finish top 6 we are in with a shout and if we do safe in the knowledge that we still won’t get promoted be can at least embarrass the whole shambles. So let’s just get behind the team and stick together whoever pulls on the shirt see where it takes us.

• Like 8

I'm happy that we've signed Addy and I think that he'll be an important player for us next year. The role of the old-fashioned loose forward as first receiver seems to be coming back into fashion with the likes of Asiata at Leigh and Parata doing surprisingly well in that role at London and I'm sure that's where we'll see Addy play. He's probably not quite good enough to play that role for a top team at SL level but he looked one of the best players in the Championship in his brief spell at Leigh 3 years ago when playing that first receiver role, and he linked up really well with Reynolds, I think he played the full 80 minutes in that central role on at least 1 occasion too.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Daft old hooker said:

I am taking the view that next season is going to be a rebuild and if we can finish top 6 we are in with a shout and if we do safe in the knowledge that we still won’t get promoted be can at least embarrass the whole shambles. So let’s just get behind the team and stick together whoever pulls on the shirt see where it takes us.

100% this.

• Like 1

My problem is, with Addy we have 8 players announced, and we are expected to sign up for memberships that are the highest in the league, and higher than half of SL.

I have no real issue with Addy, I haven't seen enough of him to comment, but we need to have a little feel good around the team.... if we had one.

Not sure that Ford is the man to take us forward.

• Like 1

On 03/11/2023 at 20:16, POR said:

Danny Addy joins the Blue Wall:kolobok_yahoo:

one down 17  to go :kolobok_grin:

Addy is a poor signing , Fev look weaker now than last year and Ford isn’t the answer as Coach , Fev need someone with a bit of umph as Henderson at York has , next season will be hard for Fev .

31 minutes ago, Coralinejones said:

Addy is a poor signing , Fev look weaker now than last year and Ford isn’t the answer as Coach , Fev need someone with a bit of umph as Henderson at York has , next season will be hard for Fev .

Suspect I'm not the only one on here who's more than happy for fans of other teams to write us off like this.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Suspect I'm not the only one on here who's more than happy for fans of other teams to write us off like this.

EXACTLY or as Mark Twain could say the reports of our death are greatly exaggerated.”:kolobok_laugh1:

• Like 1

Addy is a good signing to be fair will do a really good job for you and another kicking option when comes to last tackle or kicking early. 

is he a world beater no but he’s solid and if he’s saying he’s coming home they know what it means to play for that team.

what people need to remember is featherstone are basically starting from scratch and normally best way to do that is getting home town lads in. 

Has been said if Fev do finish top 6 what a achievement they’ve got 8 players is it and preseason starts what normally last week in November?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

Given that we've only got 8 players, obviously...

But have we only got 8 players M  every year the club goes through the same squad announcement shenanigans one here one there right up to January so I would assume we are going through the same rigamrole again this time but not to worry apparently

We are pleased that all our recruitment plans are progressing in the right direction

We are working hard on building a squad with energy and excitement.

As the dust settles we can look forward to announcing new additions to our playing squad,

:kolobok_laugh1::kolobok_laugh1::kolobok_laugh1::kolobok_laugh1:

18 hours ago, Coralinejones said:

We've let SEVENTEEN players go ----

Wynne one of those signings that won't make many headlines but probably makes a fair bit of sense given he can cover various outside back positions. Was seen as very promising last year but hasn't kicked on, has had injuries and been on loan to Newcastle and Bradford. His stock was probably quite low given what's happened this season, Bradford have got established players in his positions so we probably make a fair bit of sense all round. Has played for Ford before too at York.