Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

The OP is finally updated with the 2024 squad list plus numbers:

2024 SQUAD, 24 PLAYERS:

1 Caleb Aekins (2024)

2 Connor Wynne NEW (from Hull) (2024)

3 Josh Hardcastle (2024)

4 Greg Minikin NEW (from Warrington) (2024)

5 Gareth Gale (2024, 2025)

6 Ben Reynolds RETURN (from Leigh) (2024, 2025)

7 Thomas Lacans (2024, 2025)

8 Gadwin Springer (2024)

9 Connor Jones (2024)

10 Nathan Massey RETURN (from Castleford) (2024)

11 Brad Day (2024)

12 Jack Bussey (2024)

13 Danny Addy NEW (from Salford) (2024)

14 Harry Bowes NEW (from Wakefield) (2024)

15 Wellington Albert RETURN (from London) (2024)

16 McKenzie Yei (2024)

17 Brad England RETURN (from Bradford) (2024)

18 Moris Kamano NEW (from Hunslet ARLFC) (2024)

19 Manoa Wacokecoke NEW (from Hull/Ionians RU) (2024)

20 Keenen Tomlinson NEW (from Keighley) (2024)

21 Ollie Farrar NEW (from Wakefield) (2024)

22 Dean Roberts NEW (from Doncaster) (2024)

23 Jack Arnold NEW (from Rochdale) (2024)

24 Charlie Harris NEW (from Pontefract RU) (2024)

• Thanks 1

Canterbury's NSW Cup (reserves) player of the year last year.

"Averaging an impressive 137 running metres per game, Jayden is a reliable and consistent player in the team, not afraid to do the hard yards. His work ethic is his biggest strength, as seen through his huge efforts in always making the top tackle count.

It is no surprise that he has been recognised with this Award, which is a testament to his exceptional skill and hard work."

Hopefully it gets across as really we only have gadwin who is a powerful middle the rest are grafters 

wonder what it means for Albert as there’s been no mention if he’s even in the country yet and if he’s anything like Yei he won’t be fit 

I would like to see is sign another half and then maybe look to Hull kr if we get injury’s 

• Like 2

On 06/02/2024 at 12:49, The Phantom Horseman said:

Canterbury's NSW Cup (reserves) player of the year last year.

"Averaging an impressive 137 running metres per game, Jayden is a reliable and consistent player in the team, not afraid to do the hard yards. His work ethic is his biggest strength, as seen through his huge efforts in always making the top tackle count.

It is no surprise that he has been recognised with this Award, which is a testament to his exceptional skill and hard work."

Now confirmed by the club
https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/rovers-secure-the-signing-of-tanner-6HkBU/

Very brief highlights reel from Twitter

The usual disclaimers about highlight reels apply of course (what's known as the Verlinden rule). To me from what I've seen and read he looks more of an all-round grafter (big tackle numbers, lots of carries) than an explosive impact player but I'd take another Lockwood over a Verlinden any day.

• Like 3

Just now, Rovers fev said:

Still no mention on Albert who was due in the country in a few weeks before the dewsbury game, also on no update about yei 

Yei is the country, probably just not fit enough to be in the squad as yet. Still quite a long time until the season starts, and it’s a long season,  so maybe these players will be fresher at the back end of the season.

53 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Yei is the country, probably just not fit enough to be in the squad as yet. Still quite a long time until the season starts, and it’s a long season,  so maybe these players will be fresher at the back end of the season.

I'm assuming you mean ready for when the league season starts, as we've already played two competitive fixtures and have a third this weekend. 😉

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Regarding the signing of Tanner, in general terms this sort of recruitment makes quite a lot of sense now, especially with the easing of the visa requirements allowing more access to tier 2 Australian players. I think we pretty much realise we won't be in SL next year (or probably any time soon) and a player like this is less likely to be poached by a SL club  - unless he turns out to be an absolute standout, SL starter-level player - because SL clubs are restricted to 7 non-Fed developed players and so they are looking for every-week starters as their overseas players.

As an aside, Wakefield I believe are already at 7 non-Fed trained players, and might add more as the season goes on, so there might be some more Caleb Aekins-type releases at the end of 2024 if, as widely expected, they are back in SL.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went with grandson to watch him play with his school to Queensland. He played at Mackay lovely set up , nice spot and hot.