Championship Meeting

34 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

We’ve been in bottom league didn’t see us moaning about it, we just get on with it, comparing us is a bad thing to do because we feel we get bad end of stick most of time anyway lol. 

When Featherstone were in the third tier there were 12 clubs though.

The League 1 clubs aren't complaining about being in the third tier (they are happy to take their chance to win promotion). It is the number of teams in the division rather than the tier that they say makes it unsustainable.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

When Featherstone were in the third tier there were 12 clubs though.

The League 1 clubs aren't complaining about being in the third tier (they are happy to take their chance to win promotion). It is the number of teams in the division rather than the tier that they say makes it unsustainable.

Tbf I’m not disputing that as I agree, But how do you do this to please everyone from owners to fans etc. it’s not as easy as just throwing 8 teams in a league if it was I’d extend SL to 20 and put the 8 in the champ. 

5 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Tbf I’m not disputing that as I agree, But how do you do this to please everyone from owners to fans etc. it’s not as easy as just throwing 8 teams in a league if it was I’d extend SL to 20 and put the 8 in the champ. 

You can't please everyone. The clubs need to decide between a couple of options for next year:

1. A change to the structure which will mean some less attractive fixtures for existing Championship clubs.

2. Keep the same structure, risking the loss of another two or three clubs completely.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

You can't please everyone. The clubs need to decide between a couple of options for next year:

1. A change to the structure which will mean some less attractive fixtures for existing Championship clubs.

2. Keep the same structure, risking the loss of another two or three clubs completely.

I'm not sure that the existing League 1 clubs are going to increase their gates if they get a few heavy defeats.

Be careful what you wish for.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 minute ago, Griff said:

I'm not sure that the existing League 1 clubs are going to increase their gates if they get a few heavy defeats.

Their logic seems to be that even suffering heavy defeats would be preferable to the alternatives - Either a lack of matches or playing against the same 7 teams up to 4 times in 1 league campaign (plus possibly again in the cup and play-offs).

4 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

SL two leagues of 10 the rest in The Championship.What could be simpler.

18 games in a season ?  Not sure the clubs will go for that.

38 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

It would make more sense to have 14 in the SL and then two tens below that.

47 minutes ago, Griff said:

They're wishing to play some rugby league games.

• Like 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

40 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

If we are looking at the overall quality this is the way to go. Take funding away from 2 more teams and use that in someway towards the grassroots which is going to mean the best players from those 2 teams gravitate back to the top division increasing the overall quality. The problem we have is that if we reduce to 10 teams the chairman of those teams would vote to split the central funding between themselves and we would continue with the race to the bottom that we have now.

• Like 1

Just now, Rovers13 said:

I’ve always said that too, gets rid of SL loop fixtures too which everyone is fed up with. 

Or keep 12 teams, get rid of loop fixtures, start in March.

57 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Play once against teams in other division 5 home 5 away. 28 games.

Ah - so these are not really "divisions" in the commonly understood sense.   They are what are often referred to as "conferences".   In which case, where are the players going to come from to supply all these extra teams?

5 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Drop 2 more from the Championship, o tou have 12 and 10 in league one

What's the point in playing all season to win promotion or stave off relegation only to find that you get relegated in some meeting a month after the end of the season ?

There are already plenty of folk on here quick to say the game's a joke.   Let's not make that a reality.

• Like 1

I don’t see a system that champ clubs would vote for unless they get a sweetener so to speak, I expect leagues will stay as they are, I don’t agree with it but I don’t see champ clubs budging on this tbh. The champ clubs will prob say let them play each other 3 times extra home games. 

Edited by Rovers13

13 minutes ago, Griff said:

What's the point in playing all season to win promotion or stave off relegation only to find that you get relegated in some meeting a month after the end of the season ?

There are already plenty of folk on here quick to say the game's a joke.   Let's not make that a reality.

It was good enough in 1995 😜

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 2