The whining about the low GF attendance thread

12 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

No idea why Wigan were given such a small initial allocation of tickets. No tickets available through the RFL anywhere near the Wigan end of the ground so demand was always going to be high. They must have a specific number of seats reserved so why not just release them all for sale?

Don’t both finalists get about 10,000 tickets each and more if requested?

3 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Don’t both finalists get about 10,000 tickets each and more if requested?

It'd be interesting to know whether Wigan have ever not requested more than tge initial allocation. 

This Micro-management of ticket sales is bizarre. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It'd be interesting to know whether Wigan have ever not requested more than tge initial allocation. 

Unless there are additional costs for additional areas of the ground, say top tier, they should just have them all open for sale with one end all Wigan. Can't be that tough.

6 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Unless there are additional costs for additional areas of the ground, say top tier, they should just have them all open for sale with one end all Wigan. Can't be that tough.

Agreed. Makes sense if certain stands are not open, but they don't appear to have tickets in sale in the lower bowl which absolutely will be being held back. 

5 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

No idea why Wigan were given such a small initial allocation of tickets. No tickets available through the RFL anywhere near the Wigan end of the ground so demand was always going to be high. They must have a specific number of seats reserved so why not just release them all for sale?

While it's good to see such demand that our allocation sold out on day one it will make it doubly frustrating to those people that queued for hours yesterday only to then not be able to get a ticket. 8000 is a stupidly small allocation for a club with a STH base as large as ours, same would be true for a few of the other well supported clubs too. It seems particularly foolish when the RFL are already selling most seats at the other end of the ground to neutrals, as they know Catalans aren't going to sell many tickets. Common sense suggests that the RFL should have given all tickets not already sold in the Western half to Wigan to sell as they (RFL) have almost the whole Eastern half available for their own sales. I know that people can still buy direct from the RFL and probably will be able to get seats in the Wigan end but this means that they have to pay out to Ticketmaster, not the club and that the club will likely lose out on extra income from coach travel from some of those that would have bought directly from the club.

They might as well just have the whole ground on general sale, other then say the top tier unless demand is high - given cats will only bring a few K.

Seems unnecessary to have allocations - hardly as if it is going to kick off between fans.

14 minutes ago, wiganermike said:

While it's good to see such demand that our allocation sold out on day one it will make it doubly frustrating to those people that queued for hours yesterday only to then not be able to get a ticket. 8000 is a stupidly small allocation for a club with a STH base as large as ours, same would be true for a few of the other well supported clubs too. It seems particularly foolish when the RFL are already selling most seats at the other end of the ground to neutrals, as they know Catalans aren't going to sell many tickets. Common sense suggests that the RFL should have given all tickets not already sold in the Western half to Wigan to sell as they (RFL) have almost the whole Eastern half available for their own sales. I know that people can still buy direct from the RFL and probably will be able to get seats in the Wigan end but this means that they have to pay out to Ticketmaster, not the club and that the club will likely lose out on extra income from coach travel from some of those that would have bought directly from the club.

On the RFL site the whole Western end (anything past half way) is greyed out now, so it’s either sold out or they’re trying to force people to go down the other end, which is then impacting on Wigan and where they can sell tickets. The RFL really needs to get over this approach of trying to force people in to certain areas of stadiums. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WN83 said:

On the RFL site the whole Western end (anything past half way) is greyed out now, so it’s either sold out or they’re trying to force people to go down the other end, which is then impacting on Wigan and where they can sell tickets. The RFL really needs to get over this approach of trying to force people in to certain areas of stadiums. 

Hopefully that means that those seats are now all being given to Wigan to sell, as I find it unlikely they have all been sold. If next Saturday there are empty patches through the Western half then the RFL will only have themselves to blame. I get why they they would want to place neutrals buying this week at the Eastern end to avoid having one half of the ground largely empty and the other full. In that case though they should have just made the whole of the Western half available to Wigan to sell in the first place, the RFL could then have focused on filling the East end as evenly as possible and people wouldn't have needed to be turned away without a seat on day one of sales.

1 minute ago, RLX111 said:

Catalans have already sold over a 1000 tickets and 3 planes filled ,looking for 4 th -not lunchtime  Monday yet!

Excellent. Hope I am near them like I was for the CC.

Bought my ticket in November last year, so near the dugouts.

18 minutes ago, RLX111 said:

Catalans have already sold over a 1000 tickets and 3 planes filled ,looking for 4 th -not lunchtime  Monday yet!

Brilliant. Surely there will be Cats fans (French or English) buying tickets in neutral areas too, they certainly were two years ago. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

There have been a few occasions where Wigan haven’t filled their 10,000 allocation. Mainly because they’d generally only go on general sale on the Tuesday, by which point any non-season ticket holders have already bought through the RFL. The interesting twist this time around is that they didn’t give any priority to season ticket holders. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

There have been a few occasions where Wigan haven’t filled their 10,000 allocation. Mainly because they’d generally only go on general sale on the Tuesday, by which point any non-season ticket holders have already bought through the RFL. The interesting twist this time around is that they didn’t give any priority to season ticket holders. 

Which has really miffed plenty of people and even as somebody who cannot commit to a season ticket, I agree it's not right, especially when the allocation was 8,000. To have no priority period for the ST holders only could've worked had the initial allocation been well in advance of the number of ST holders. If we'd have been given 12,000-15,000 it wouldn't have been an issue. 

More tickets in East stand now for sale and I am ready to buy. However, since yesterday hotel price has increased. I have messaged RL Commercial to say if they will pay the difference I will buy their tickets. Not expecting they will of course but it might make someone there think. As more than one person says upstream, what is the micromanaging of individual rows and sections all about?

Wigan have received a further allocation but the tickets aren't actually at the club, so anyone buying from the ticket office has to come back later in the week to collect or have them sent by post.

You can't choose where you're sitting and can only pick a category and get what you're given. There's no guarantee that you'll get seats together so my family of 6 (including 2 children) could all end up sat in separate seats nowhere near each other. How on earth can it be this difficult to sit with your family in your clubs allocated section at a Grand Final?

There's literally no point buying them from Wigan unless you're going alone. There's so many empty seats in the Catalans end if you buy through the RFL that it's the only sensible option, rather than playing ticket roulette through the club. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

Wigan have received a further allocation but the tickets aren't actually at the club, so anyone buying from the ticket office has to come back later in the week to collect or have them sent by post.

You can't choose where you're sitting and can only pick a category and get what you're given. There's no guarantee that you'll get seats together so my family of 6 (including 2 children) could all end up sat in separate seats nowhere near each other. How on earth can it be this difficult to sit with your family in your clubs allocated section at a Grand Final?

There's literally no point buying them from Wigan unless you're going alone. There's so many empty seats in the Catalans end if you buy through the RFL that it's the only sensible option, rather than playing ticket roulette through the club. 

Going through the online link on the Wigan site - there are no tickets left - it only offers coach travel.

From the RFL there are literally no tickets in the Wigan end. 

So as thigs stand - 5 days before kick off, you cannot get a ticket for the Wigan end. 

I have no doubts that there will be empty seats in that end come Saturday.

The ticket sales process needs to be far better - people queuing round the block is surely outdated nowadays?

• Like 2