Mark Campbell's Open Letter

Maureen T-k

24 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

I can't cope with another season of heartache. Might not be a bad thing that we're not trying explicitly to win promotion. Last couple of years has felt like everyone, especially the players were under massive pressure.  Part of the pleasure of watching rovers disappeared for me.

After supporting Rovers for 52 years its been another anticlimax but we go ago and imo we've done better when we're the underdog.

• Like 1

Thought that it was a ridiculous system last year when Leigh were not promoted automatically after topping The Champ and, from Round Three onwards, dominating the division.

Ludicrous this year with you being 12 points clear!

That is not something that can be pinned on IMG, but now you have an helluva harder job getting promoted due to them - or rather due to the few SL chairmen that called them in and dictated their remit whilst the RFL sat on their sausage fingers.

Good luck from a former rival fan.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

I can't cope with another season of heartache. Might not be a bad thing that we're not trying explicitly to win promotion. Last couple of years has felt like everyone, especially the players were under massive pressure.  Part of the pleasure of watching rovers disappeared for me.

That pretty much sums up how I feel too.  Perhaps things will be more enjoyable when we're competing with everyone, rather than the expectation of winning it at a canter (which is how it's come to feel over the past couple of years at times).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

There were fans who wanted to go up regardless of probably getting hammered most weeks. There were fans who didn't want that and some just happy competing in Championship and now the heat is off. Shows how differently supporters think.

• Like 1

I notice now that all SL games are to be shown on Sky. No doubt some of them will clash with our fixtures meaning we are likely to lose floating supporters, another kick in the teeth for the lower league teams.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, haskey said:

I notice now that all SL games are to be shown on Sky. No doubt some of them will clash with our fixtures meaning we are likely to lose floating supporters, another kick in the teeth for the lower league teams.

Can’t see it being too much of a factor.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Can’t see it being too much of a factor.

Nor me,i wouldn't miss a Rovers game to watch a SL game on Sky. I know some would but can't see many Championship fans doing it,SL isn't  even that good these days.  Last night was poor in many fans opinion.

• Like 3

Virtual Reality is the thing these days, so if we must go with some kind of grading wouldn't it be fairer to have two tables, the actual results table plus a virtual hybrid table that decides P&R? The hybrid table could combine results and grading, and would also do away with the MPG and discount the Summer Bash/Magic Weekend, so that the top and bottom clubs of the respective divisions would be automatically promoted and relegated!

46 minutes ago, POR said:

I just wonder when over the coming days is going to last till we hear about new additions to our playing squad unveiling our 24 playing kit as well as much more  :kolobok_yahoo:

Supporters could do with some good news, even if it’s just a couple of retentions. But with reduced budgets it’s not an easy job for Ford and Hardman.

On 15/10/2023 at 08:13, Fevrover said:

Nor me,i wouldn't miss a Rovers game to watch a SL game on Sky. I know some would but can't see many Championship fans doing it,SL isn't  even that good these days.  Last night was poor in many fans opinion.

And not everyone subscribes to Sky.

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 17/10/2023 at 12:20, Monkeymagic22 said:

Supporters could do with some good news, even if it’s just a couple of retentions. But with reduced budgets it’s not an easy job for Ford and Hardman.

Here you go M

2 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I’m guessing that it’s BR?.

You'd be guessing wrong. 😉

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb