IMG Grading

1 hour ago, jamescolin said:

As I have said before. Watched Fev since 1938. Seen them have ups and downs. We will survive and make our usual big comeback. Continue to support them for a com e back. Be a true supporter. UTR. Our board will make the true decisions.

Yes when it all goes #### up yet again fev will have survived in half decent shape no doubt, all us waiting around again for the day of another pyrrhic victory. 

28 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

We've got our season tickets regardless but only going to 3 or 4 away games.

I imagine Dewsbury & Batley will be in the 4 mate. 

IMG are a joke.. 

Far more humorous than 

Monty Python 

The Goodies

And even The Goons which if honest that title would sum them up

I'll be glad when Stevie Wonder & Ray Charles go back to singing rather than doing the IMG team assessments 🤔

How can Newcastle, Sheffield, London, Doncaster who even on a good day cannot raise a 2000 crowd between them, and none have their own ground, are on the same grading as Castleford, Wakefield , Featherstone who all have their own stadiums and can pull more than 2000 fans for each games🤔

The lunatics have certainly taken over the asylum, pulled down the pants of teams trying to make a difference to our wonderful game, and slapped their botties with a stick of complete Boo.co.cks

Im stunned but not surprised 

Nothing shocks me when it comes to idiotic decisions tabled by the head of our sport🤔💵💵💵

• Like 4

You are right Coolie I shall also be going to Batley & Dewsbury but certainly not to Odslum to boost their cra=p club figure in IMG

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, coolie said:

I imagine Dewsbury & Batley will be in the 4 mate. 

IMG are a joke.. 

Far more humorous than 

Monty Python 

The Goodies

And even The Goons which if honest that title would sum them up

I'll be glad when Stevie Wonder & Ray Charles go back to singing rather than doing the IMG team assessments 🤔

How can Newcastle, Sheffield, London, Doncaster who even on a good day cannot raise a 2000 crowd between them, and none have their own ground, are on the same grading as Castleford, Wakefield , Featherstone who all have their own stadiums and can pull more than 2000 fans for each games🤔

The lunatics have certainly taken over the asylum, pulled down the pants of teams trying to make a difference to our wonderful game, and slapped their botties with a stick of complete Boo.co.cks

Im stunned but not surprised 

Nothing shocks me when it comes to idiotic decisions tabled by the head of our sport🤔💵💵💵

So true, i honestly believe they are slowly killing the game but they won't have it SL may well thrive but lower down lose out big time.

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, POR said:

we could have got extra points if we lied about the crowd size :kolobok_grin:

Crowd sizes should be paying customers only, verified by the VAT returns. Any club wishing to inflate the figures would then have to pay extra VAT or risk the wrath of the taxman, and possible penalties from the RFL!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Slater said:

Crowd sizes should be paying customers only, verified by the VAT returns. Any club wishing to inflate the figures would then have to pay extra VAT or risk the wrath of the taxman, and possible penalties from the RFL!

Sorry, Steve. That's not how it works. For HMRC the club is taxed on its income not attendance figures. Many sports clubs let kids in at reduced rates and charge different prices for sitting and standing. HMRC will never ought through that, they'll simply look at revenue. 

I think some clubs are inflating some crowds to help boost their IMG grade.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Sorry, Steve. That's not how it works. For HMRC the club is taxed on its income not attendance figures. Many sports clubs let kids in at reduced rates and charge different prices for sitting and standing. HMRC will never ought through that, they'll simply look at revenue. 

I think some clubs are inflating some crowds to help boost their IMG grade.

They will need to hire a 3rd party compliance team to do spot checks on match days, counting fans in at the entrances......

I know some of our fans are saying they will be picking the games they go to next season but please go to home games. At the end of the day it's only featherstone rovers you are hurting by staying away. My partner and I will be there supporting our team. ROVERS FOR EVER

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, HARRY said:

I know some of our fans are saying they will be picking the games they go to next season but please go to home games. At the end of the day it's only featherstone rovers you are hurting by staying away. My partner and I will be there supporting our team. ROVERS FOR EVER

I think most will when it actually starts again staying away won't help but you can understand the reasons why they feel like they do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

So true, i honestly believe they are slowly killing the game but they won't have it SL may well thrive but lower down lose out big time.

To quote Tracey Ullman

Breakaway

First episode of Space 1999

Breakaway

A rather tasty chocolate biscuit

Breakaway 

To quote Kelly Clarkson 

Breakaway 

The signs are there

Just need to grow some B.a.lls

And take a leap of faith 

Back the product, advertising the product, believe in the product, promote the product. 

Lower league RL is been eroded into nothing, so SL can thrive, all wrong on so many levels🤔

Extinction of the weak, by the greedy vampires sucking the life of the game 

• Like 4

The biggest surprise to me is London being so low.  Although to be fair I have no interest in looking at the detail.  If I printed the criteria out I wouldn't wipe my bottom with it.   I get the idea as to what they are trying to do.  Suffice to say that wherever London finish in SL next year - the rating will have miraculously shot up the charts as a new entry in the top 12 by the end of the season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

I should add, official crowd figures are used for health and safety reasons, and for calculating stewarding and policing. Not for tax purposes.

Sorry Mark, I was under the impression that admission prices were VAT taxable.

10 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

Away tickets should be bought through the away club and counted towards the away teams support figures.  It's not difficult. 

7 hours ago, RobLambert said:

The biggest surprise to me is London being so low.  Although to be fair I have no interest in looking at the detail.  If I printed the criteria out I wouldn't wipe my bottom with it.   I get the idea as to what they are trying to do.  Suffice to say that wherever London finish in SL next year - the rating will have miraculously shot up the charts as a new entry in the top 12 by the end of the season.

Legal challenge by teams outside SL. 

8 hours ago, RobLambert said:

London have the potential to vastly increase their score. I agree, I can see them being close to top 12 next year.

13 hours ago, coolie said:

There was 2600 at Doncasters last game (admittedly getting over 2000 has been rare in League One though). And The Dons owners own the lease to the ground, there has always been an incorrect assumption from those outside that it's owned by Doncaster Rovers specifically for some reason; where as The Dons, Rovers, Belles and Stadium are all assets of the same board, just as say Featherstone's board own Featherstone Rovers and their ground.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, coolie said:

To quote Tracey Ullman

Breakaway

First episode of Space 1999

Breakaway

A rather tasty chocolate biscuit

Breakaway 

To quote Kelly Clarkson 

Breakaway 

The signs are there

Just need to grow some B.a.lls

And take a leap of faith 

Back the product, advertising the product, believe in the product, promote the product. 

Lower league RL is been eroded into nothing, so SL can thrive, all wrong on so many levels🤔

Extinction of the weak, by the greedy vampires sucking the life of the game 

The breakaway group would be bankrupt before they'd even set up the administration side of things, losing all central funding, all access to grants and subsidies to name just 2 very significant issues, but otherwise it's a great plan.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So get rid of playing squad, ultimately reducing the amount of quality players available to the sport and use the money to buy advertising hoarding, screens, scoreboards, floodlights etc Sounds well thought out.   Nice light show but the sports ######.  Sounds like the NFL recipe.