Sat 4th Nov: Third Test: England v Tonga KO 2.30pm @ Headingley (BBC One)

Who will win?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 7 to 12 points
    • Tonga by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/11/23 at 15:00

Just now, EagleEyePie said:

How have Tonga had someone sin binned for running in when every single player ran in?

First one in, usually. I'd need to watch it again.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

How have Tonga had someone sin binned for running in when every single player ran in?

First player to run in often gets the sin bin - particularly in that kind of situation where there was nothing happening and the ref had already given a penalty.

2 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

Lees is an idiot. Talented, but an idiot

I don’t think he is talented. Just an idiot. He is completely out of his depth at this level.

Lees is not an international front rower. I cant believe people were bigging him up last week after 3 carries and 8 meters. So basic.

We're hardly doing anything to promote our refereeing standards either. God awful officiating.

• Like 2

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

1 minute ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Lees is not an international front rower. 

theres a number of players playing who are not international standard - Hurrell and Hopoate  for starters

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

theres a number of players playing who are not international standard - Hurrell and Hopoate  for starters

Hopoate is probably the only reason Tonga have not lost every game comfortably, He’s been superb at the back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, dkw said:

I agree with Bateman, bratman has been very good...

you can buy jokes from Danny Baker these days - he writes them for the humorously devoid 

• Haha 3

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Tonga have been poor Too many errors and penalties, a few calls haven’t gone there way but they’ve looked very I’ll disciplined.

England on the other hand are defending really well but would probably like to be up by more then 14 with the opportunities they’ve been given

Bateman, Newman, Welsby, Smith and Clark all looking very good.

• Like 1

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Can't disagree, not at all been impressed with him in a Saints shirt  but he has been very good in this series  my opinion of course.

People are only saying he’s poor because they expect every full back to have blistering pace and make 150+ metres a game, Hopoate is an old fashioned full back who is very composed in the air and knows where to be on the field.

7 minutes ago, JonM said:

First player to run in often gets the sin bin - particularly in that kind of situation where there was nothing happening and the ref had already given a penalty.

There were 3 England players that ran in first. Or is there a certain distance a player needs to have 'run in' from? I don't see why all the England players around that tackle can escalate the situation with no punishment yet a player joining later gets sin binned? There was nothing significant about what the Tongan player did compared to what so many England players did.

• Like 4

There were 3 England players that ran in first. Or is there a certain distance a player needs to have 'run in' from? I don't see why all the England players around that tackle can escalate the situation with no punishment yet a player joining later gets sin binned? There was nothing significant about what the Tongan player did compared to what so many England players did.

I thought he sort of threw a punch, but watching the replay there was not much about it really. Possibly just the ref wanting to put a marker down, but it looks harsh.