Sat 4th Nov: Third Test: England v Tonga KO 2.30pm @ Headingley (BBC One)

Who will win?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 7 to 12 points
    • Tonga by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/11/23 at 15:00

I've got a feeling we'll run away with this one. There seems to be a real hunger to win the series 3-0 and I don't think we'll see any complacency from England. On the flip side, Tonga have been away from home for about 4 or 5 weeks now and they look a bit short of direction on the field. There should be a bigger crowd and a better atmosphere on Saturday and I think things might run away from them if they start as slowly as last week. 

England by 20

9 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Looking forward to it. Will be setting off early to watch the women's game too. Roll on weekend.

Glad you are looking forward to it MR but keep your expectations in check (I went to the first two) ....hopefully Headingly can show the other two how it's done with a better offering 

If there's any complacency from England, I'll be able to hear Wane's post-match chat with his players here in London without switching on my TV.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

26 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Glad you are looking forward to it MR but keep your expectations in check (I went to the first two) ....hopefully Headingly can show the other two how it's done with a better offering 

So did I. Don't worry mate, Headingley should be better. 

2 hours ago, bobbruce said:

I expect a bit of niggle in this game and Tongas discipline to go. With that I think England could run away with it.  

There was a coming together after the final whistle (during the handshakes)....didn't show it on tv so haven't got a clue what caused it 

A bit of early biff would spice it up

9 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I suspect Leeds will put more of a show on....or at least they'll have nicer food and drink 

I think this narrative of Leeds being a haven of international RL has been hammed up a bit. The group games of the men's RLWC were as underwhelming as anywhere else.

Still, I hope it is a good one and I actually expect Tonga to show a bit more this time out. I'll go for a 4 point Tonga win.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 hours ago, Just Browny said:

I think this narrative of Leeds being a haven of international RL has been hammed up a bit. The group games of the men's RLWC were as underwhelming as anywhere else.

Still, I hope it is a good one and I actually expect Tonga to show a bit more this time out. I'll go for a 4 point Tonga win.

I actually thought NZ against Ireland there was my best experience of the WC (though that is admittedly a low bar) ....that was after a few pints in the sky rack.....though I did lose my coat that night 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Just Browny said:

The top two non-England group game attendances were at Headingley. Across the entire tournament the three largest crowds, excluding the final and England games, were in Leeds.

19 minutes ago, M j M said:

The top two non-England group game attendances were at Headingley. Across the entire tournament the three largest crowds, excluding the final and England games, were in Leeds.

Crowds good, stadium excellent, events meh.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I actually thought NZ against Ireland there was my best experience of the WC (though that is admittedly a low bar) ....I was probably the most drink though after a few pints in the sky rack.....though I did lose my coat that night 

Yes the NZ V Ireland was a good event, I will also add the double header Women’s game there was absolutely brilliant.

15 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

So from last week's 19 I make that:

Out - Lewis, King, Radley, Farrell

In - Williams, Thewlis, Smithies, Dupree

Neither Knowles nor Makinson back from week one.

If England win this one, with so many missing, it will be a really positive outcome. It will be good to see some youngsters pull on the shirt, nonetheless.

I gather it is Whitehead's last game in an England shirt?

3 hours ago, M j M said:

Yeah...Ireland game had a good feel 

Also.paid not.much for South Stand then sat right in the middle of the £80 North stand bit ....the stewards made it!

15 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

It will be another good day. Just like the previous two. 

I think England might just wobble, but I would love to see a 3-0 whitewash and a blow-away performance.

As long as it's a good game and obviously England win it'll do for me. 

• Like 1