New drama

On 05/12/2023 at 15:54, Quinskolar said:

Swinton played at Moor Lane for a while.

Moor lane is not fit to be a SL stadium, nor will it ever. It's tiny and cramped into an area between a housing estate, a school and fairly busy road that can't even cope with it's current size in terms of car parking, let alone expansion. It might hold 5k but in terms of the infrastructure around it, it's really a ground for sub 2k crowds unless all the fans are going to be walking from the housing estates immediately surrounding it.

Just watching Sale Sharks on ITV at Salford and noticed the ground has had all evidence of SRD removed from the inside of the ground and all brand new Blue fascia’s, banners, livery and sponsors fitted, basically it looks like a full Sale Sharks rebrand. 

My question is do they do this for every game and switch back for Salford or is this an worrying sign?

3 minutes ago, binosh said:

Just watching Sale Sharks on ITV at Salford and noticed the ground has had all evidence of SRD removed from the inside of the ground and all brand new Blue fascia’s, banners, livery and sponsors fitted, basically it looks like a full Sale Sharks rebrand. 

My question is do they do this for every game and switch back for Salford or is this an worrying sign?

Most of the major secondary branding has always been Sale Sharks led AJ Bell for a start their interest in SRD is minus zero.

Unless owners have deep pockets clubs without large secondary revenues will always just bumble along.

Edited by ATLANTISMAN

16 minutes ago, binosh said:

As ATLANTISMAN says the majority of the branding around the ground seems to have always been Sale connected rather than Salford (helps that the former have the sponsors to do it and pay the full rent I guess). 

The digital stuff is able to be used by both clubs for their own games.

Given Salford aren't due to play there for a few months anyway (certainly not on TV) its also not surprising.

Edited by Tommygilf

On 05/12/2023 at 15:40, JohnM said:

I don't think this is one for the Salfordophobic to store in their #### banks (although I'm sure they will).

Whilst at the same time saying they are Salfordphiles.

However: https://salfordreddevils.net/club-grant-ken-sio-release-on-compassionate-grounds/

Yeah. I'm sure Salford fans will have felt the love flowing in their direction from this thread. Absolute lashings of it.

One love struck young suitor even suggested shooting the club in the head. That's some serious S&M that is - maybe even a bit of necro - but some people just need that little bit extra to get their love juices flowing.

35 minutes ago, binosh said:

Woah there again. I'm not sure this is evidence of the impending Salfageddon either. The new boarding in the stand opposite the camera is advertising a heating company called Carrier, whose corporate logo is - guess what? - blue.

The boarding behind the South Stand to the right is green. Does this mean that Celtic are moving in?

On the more general point of Sale's apparent dominance of stadium branding and sponsorship, they bought those rights when they moved in. Salford's then chairman, John Wilkinson, expressed his surprise and disappointment that the rights weren't offered to Salford, although I suspect it was more a case of Sale having the wherewithal to go and ask for them.

Edited by Hammerless Nail

1 hour ago, Hammerless Nail said:

Woah there again. I'm not sure this is evidence of the impending Salfageddon either. The new boarding in the stand opposite the camera is advertising a heating company called Carrier, whose corporate logo is - guess what? - blue.

The boarding behind the South Stand to the right is green. Does this mean that Celtic are moving in?

On the more general point of Sale's apparent dominance of stadium branding and sponsorship, they bought those rights when they moved in. Salford's then chairman, John Wilkinson, expressed his surprise and disappointment that the rights weren't offered to Salford, although I suspect it was more a case of Sale having the wherewithal to go and ask for them.

Judging on their history in the ground - They wouldn't have been able to even pay for those rights.

6 hours ago, Hammerless Nail said:

I only ask the question as I was there recently and it looks a lot more “Sale” than “Salford” than it did.

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Reportedly because of "disciplinary issues".

Presumably those issues we're related presuming to work for a professional organisation... 

Come again?*

*In both senses: firstly, what you wrote is just a word salad, and secondly, you appear to think you've found some negative news about Salford that you know very little about, but are going to get a chubby over anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hammerless Nail said:

Come again?*

*In both senses: firstly, what you wrote is just a word salad, and secondly, you appear to think you've found some negative news about Salford that you know very little about, but are going to get a chubby over anyway.

If you know more HN, would you please share that at least would stop speculation?

47 minutes ago, binosh said:

He requested leave for a friends wedding and the club declined it.

He went anyway.

Thanks for that binosh, two things I could glean from that

1. Joe is not bothered if he stays at Salford or not.

2. It is just an excuse for the club to offload another contract.

Seems a bit harsh especially when Salford have taken on a player who went AWOL for another club and went back to Aus not to return.

• Like 3

My mistake.

It's not SRDs fault, it's all someone else's fault.

At least he admits they'll be liquidated in the New Year - the only thing keeping them going is Director's LOANS. Also admits the "playing group" is not actually fundable under their current model.

They need a further council hand-out, govt match-funding (trying to be claimed under the sham "fan-ownership" fleecing), and a preferential agreement on stadium terms. Oh, and an underwriting from the RFL.

Basket case.

The RFL's planned response to potential Salford Red Devils disaster - Rugby League News (seriousaboutrl.com) 

1 hour ago, dboy said:

My mistake.

It's not SRDs fault, it's all someone else's fault.

At least he admits they'll be liquidated in the New Year - the only thing keeping them going is Director's LOANS. Also admits the "playing group" is not actually fundable under their current model.

They need a further council hand-out, govt match-funding (trying to be claimed under the sham "fan-ownership" fleecing), and a preferential agreement on stadium terms. Oh, and an underwriting from the RFL.

Basket case.

The RFL's planned response to potential Salford Red Devils disaster - Rugby League News (seriousaboutrl.com) 

I don't think you can take a SARL article too seriously ..

• Like 1