New drama

7 minutes ago, Charlie said:

one thing is certain it’s a hard ride being a Salford fan from no money to the doc and his antics to the fan ownership. 

I sympathise but as far as the Doc is concerned, being a newcomer to the game to me he listened to all the wrong people in advising him to put Nobby (talks a good game) Noble in charge who's recruitment policy got The Docs tenure of to the worst possible start. 

Happy to be corrected.

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I sympathise but as far as the Doc is concerned, being a newcomer to the game to me he listened to all the wrong people in advising him to put Nobby (talks a good game) Noble in charge who's recruitment policy got The Docs tenure of to the worst possible start. 

Happy to be corrected.

You’ll get no push backs from me the docs time was a disaster 

16 hours ago, Stanley30 said:

Surely I am also allowed to post what I want as well then?

100% of course and i dont have to agree with it and thats fine because its an internet forum which is where people share differing views.

But just because i dont agree with you doesnt give me the right to tell u to stop posting on here.   

13 hours ago, Charlie said:

Bit of a coincidence that you all seem to be wakey fans 🤷‍♂️ good luck with your season. We we see where Salford end up 

No coincidence bud, Trinity get slagged off by all and sundry (and certain other clubs) and Salford are everyone’s second favourite team suddenly. You get sick of hearing it after a while. Dboy and others have highlighted this issue for ages, the club just doesn’t add up for a lot of folk. Some of the stuff posted on here is way over the top & I think Salford have got off lightly tbh. 

Regardless of all that I hope Salford get it sorted quickly, it’s awful for the fans to see & that’s something else Trinity fans know all about. 

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

" a statement would satisfy pretty much everybody" 

I don't see it that way. There are in my view a number of posters on here who either don't trust or don't believe any pronouncements from the RFL.

But I aren't talking about the RFL. How difficult would it be for Salford to put out a short notice on SM or whatever along the lines of "Mr Gerrard is no longer in a position to invest in the club" or "The deadline for the stadium agreement has passed and we are unable to confirm if we will still be there next year" However trite, it would be being proactive and not just (as Harry pointed out) acting like an Ostrich and hoping it will go away. 

We don't need the finer details, just a bit of something. 

Edited by The Masked Poster
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Charlie said:
. Understand the club has, in essence, agreed in principle to a 12-month extension of the current lease of the stadium with the Salford Council. Hopefully that will then be super succeeded by a new lease in the first quarter of 2024
·

Doesn't this suggest that, in the short to medium term at least, the current agreement is going to continue.  Aren't Salford in trouble because of the current agreement?  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Various posts removed.

Quick reminder: forum rules require you to make your point(s) without chucking insults at each other.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and everyone is allowed to disagree with it if they want to.

If someone gets on your nerves, put them on ignore.

If someone insults you, report it, and don't respond.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Doesn't this suggest that, in the short to medium term at least, the current agreement is going to continue.  Aren't Salford in trouble because of the current agreement?  

I suggests that that's what they hope for. No substance to it.

And yes, a continuation of the same deal still means they can't pay their bills.

4 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

But I aren't talking about the RFL. How difficult would it be for Salford to put out a short notice on SM or whatever along the lines of "Mr Gerrard is no longer in a position to invest in the club" or "The deadline for the stadium agreement has passed and we are unable to confirm if we will still be there next year" However trite, it would be being proactive and not just (as Harry pointed out) acting like an Ostrich and hoping it will go away. 

We don't need the finer details, just a bit of something. 

But I'm talking about the RFL.  There is enough sentiment expressed on here to suggest to me that any statment from Salford would be distrusted.

Edited by JohnM

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

But I'm talking about the RFL.  There is enough sentiment expressed on here to suggest to me that any statment from Salford would be distrusted.

What can the RFL say other than that the club are now in special measures?

I think the RFL are giving the club room, perhaps too much room, to sort this themselves.

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

What can the RFL say other than that the club are now in special measures?

I think the RFL are giving the club room, perhaps too much room, to sort this themselves.

Exactly. Would your second sentence be any different if the RFL said SRD are in "special measures" whatever that involves.

12 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I must have missed that. Can you point me to the official statement from the RFL, you know, the one that specifies what these "special measures" are?

Can’t find anything public from the RFL other than ‘it’s confidential’…

however I can find one from Salford last week saying ‘the club have been in positive dialogue with the RFL in relation to special measures being implemented, and are awaiting an outcome relating to the stadium discussions to establish if we can come out of them’

Manchester Evening News 24 November

• Like 2

6 hours ago, iffleyox said:

Can’t find anything public from the RFL other than ‘it’s confidential’…

however I can find one from Salford last week saying ‘the club have been in positive dialogue with the RFL in relation to special measures being implemented, and are awaiting an outcome relating to the stadium discussions to establish if we can come out of them’

Manchester Evening News 24 November

Thank you. I've found it.  Given the negativity towards SRD displayed by some posters, I felt I needed to see some sort of official statement. 👍

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Has the 12 month extension been confirmed? Horrible situation that's needs to be resolved. Already beyond the point where another club could take Salford's place if they cannot resolve this. What alternatives do they have for a stadium?

Nothing officially confirmed as of yet. Agreement in principle is one thing, but as ever a deal isn't done till its done.

Moor Lane is too small, both on the pitch and off it. A ground share at the LSV, Saints or Wigan would continue the RL connection at least. Perhaps the mini etihad? Or Heywood road?

The fundamental problem Salford will have with any of these options is that they are clearly an unreliable tenant. 

1 hour ago, Ragingbull said:

Sio announced as leaving the club now not long after signing a new deal. 

Sadly its bad news story after bad news story coming out of Salford . 

I’d take a punt on Sio being one of Salfords remaining Higher earners and being released to balance the books on the 1 year lease extension that is clearly unaffordable. 

He only signed a new extension a couple of weeks ago but the timings are too coincidental.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, binosh said:

I’d take a punt on Sio being one of Salfords remaining Higher earners and being released to balance the books on the 1 year lease extension that is clearly unaffordable. 

He only signed a new extension a couple of weeks ago but the timings are too coincidental.

Woah there. Before any more of the usual suspects start pitching a tent over this one, the only surprise here is that Ken signed a contract extension in the first place. Towards the back end of last season, Ken's partner (who played for Salford's women's team) posted on social media that the family would be returning home at the end of the season. It therefore came as a surprise that Ken signed a one year extension, particularly as the club had already identified his replacement (Nene Macdonald). The family has indeed returned home, and it doesn't seem too far fetched to suggest that Ken has decided he wants to be with them.

I don't think this is one for the Salfordophobic to store in their #### banks (although I'm sure they will).

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Hammerless Nail said:

Woah there. Before any more of the usual suspects start pitching a tent over this one, the only surprise here is that Ken signed a contract extension in the first place. Towards the back end of last season, Ken's partner (who played for Salford's women's team) posted on social media that the family would be returning home at the end of the season. It therefore came as a surprise that Ken signed a one year extension, particularly as the club had already identified his replacement (Nene Macdonald). The family has indeed returned home, and it doesn't seem too far fetched to suggest that Ken has decided he wants to be with them.

I don't think this is one for the Salfordophobic to store in their #### banks (although I'm sure they will).

I mean, he signed an extension not long ago and since then there has only been uncertainty. 

Perhaps it isn't just cost saving in play here, but it would be naive to assume that or the whole situation the club is in didn't play a part in the decision whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Hammerless Nail said:

Whilst at the same time saying they are Salfordphiles.

However: https://salfordreddevils.net/club-grant-ken-sio-release-on-compassionate-grounds/

Edited by JohnM