The lowest score that's never happened

6 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I remember Hull playing Warrington in 1990 or 91 and winning 3-2

That would've been a try and goal prior to 1983.   There'll be loads of those.

The answer to the OP will almost certainly include a team scoring 1.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

30 minutes ago, Midlands hobo said:

Crusaders lost to saints 4-0

That brings back memories. Visibility was that bad we couldn't see far enough across the pitch to watch the try being scored. Horrible weather, horrible game, horrible journey too IIRC

25 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

25 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

And a week later we lost 4-2 to Oldham. Only Warrington could go two weeks in a row without conceding a try and lose both games!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JM2010 said:

I remember Halifax beating Hull KR 4 -3, I think, in the CC semi final. If my memory serves me correct Halifax scored a late try from a kick to win it

We certainly did although it was the challange cup semi-final replay as the original at Headingley had finished in a 0-0 draw. 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MZH said:

Are we just talking about the top flight, professional, or all levels? I've seen a 1-0 in person in a SL academy game. I also know that 0-0 was reasonably common back when the sport was in its infancy.

I know that once upon a time in rugby a try wasn't actually worth any points at all. It was called a try because it allowed you to "try" to kick a goal. Although I believe that by the time of the Northern Union this had been dropped and tries were worth 3.

I'm going to go for 4-1, but it is purely a guess.

Hull v Halifax Challenge Cup semi in 1987/88 ended 0-0.

Edited by Gomersall
  • Like 1

Just now, Gomersall said:

Hull played Halifax at Headingley and drew 0-0. The replay was at Elland Road and Halifax won 4-3. 1987/88.

But both those scores are ruled out now.

• Confused 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

35 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

We certainly did although it was the challange cup semi-final replay as the original at Headingley had finished in a 0-0 draw. 😀

I was at the replay but I was only young so i don’t remember lot’s about it. Think it was Tony Anderson who scored the winning try

• Like 2

The Wire v Hull 2-3 was on the RL show in the Granada region only at the time. Can't remember what it was called but recordings of the game were much sought after in this part of the world.

Edited by Ullman

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

20 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

In my mind, I'm seeing Greg Mackey. Did he kick the drop goal?

And why do I remember it? Was it on TV?

Memory is definitely blurry. But this Hull/Wire game was called to mind when in 1992 St George beat Newcastle 3-2 in a semi-final. And Brian Smith was the winning coach on both occasions.

3 hours ago, Griff said:

No, that's happened.

Can't recall a 2-1, though.

There's been at least one. I saw Oldham beat Hull by that score on a filthy day at the Watersheddings back around 1980/81 time.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.