New Partnership - ABK Beer

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I assume this isn't necessarily a supplier deal, so I don't think the above points are an issue. 

The only event mentioned where it will be present is the Magic Weekend.

"ABK Beer will have rights across the Betfred Super League, Betfred Challenge Cup and England Rugby League. ABK's branding will be prominent around all Betfred Super League fixtures from 2024 and throughout the Challenge Cup campaign on the road to Wembley in June, with plans being put in place for fans to taste the product range at the Magic Weekend in August."

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/3929/abk-beer-becomes-official-beer-of-super-league

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

35 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

The only event mentioned where it will be present is the Magic Weekend.

"ABK Beer will have rights across the Betfred Super League, Betfred Challenge Cup and England Rugby League. ABK's branding will be prominent around all Betfred Super League fixtures from 2024 and throughout the Challenge Cup campaign on the road to Wembley in June, with plans being put in place for fans to taste the product range at the Magic Weekend in August."

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/3929/abk-beer-becomes-official-beer-of-super-league

Aye, we'll likely be seeing mobile bars or bottle bars etc. But it feels more like a branding sponsorship

12 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

I have just done 50 years working in the brewery trade on the sales side, and ABK are struggling for draught distribution in the UK. Good beer though.

Not really relevant but not going to pass up the chance to ask someone with inside knowledge.

Veltins made a big push a few years ago and was available fairly widely on draught but seems to have completely dropped away, what happened?

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

10 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Not really relevant but not going to pass up the chance to ask someone with inside knowledge.

Veltins made a big push a few years ago and was available fairly widely on draught but seems to have completely dropped away, what happened?

It was gnats p155. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Just tried to make an order on the website and the Pils and Hel are both sold out, must have been a rush of rugby league fans making orders. 

It sounds like they are perfectly aligned with the approach of RL clubs where it's not unusual to see some products unavailable before kick off! 

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It sounds like they are perfectly aligned with the approach of RL clubs where it's not unusual to see some products unavailable before kick off! 

Don't bring up Warrington's Greg Inglis signing again! :kolobok_wink:

• Haha 5

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

23 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

The issue with these kind of brands is they are quite niche and drinkers don't have the loyalty to them that they do main stream brands. They tend to try other brands especially new ones, so the throughput of such as Veltins drops off and the licencee then tries something else instead. Similar to what happens with a lot of cask ales.

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

Just remembered about this deal, so I've ordered a mixed case via Beerhunter that should turn up tomorrow.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 03/05/2024 at 09:59, Futtocks said:

Just remembered about this deal, so I've ordered a mixed case via Beerhunter that should turn up tomorrow.

So far, I've tried the Dunkel, the Hell and the Weissbier - all were excellent.

Still to try is their Edel. Maybe later today.

• Like 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Decided to give it another chance and had a pint of the Hell in the Old Town in Hull (Scale and Feather for those wanting to give it a try).

It was actually pretty decent.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

The create was just the four varieties I mentioned above - anyone tried their Festbier? I'd expect that one to be a bit special.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

The create was just the four varieties I mentioned above - anyone tried their Festbier? I'd expect that one to be a bit special.

I've had it, got it the other year with a load of other Festbiers, here's what I recall of the evening:

rf6wo2lwitpy.jpeg.30d236029d71012608456ed3b6c731a1.jpeg

• Haha 3

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.