showing the other scores live updates

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

why post horrible like this? - sad - and the reason people do really quit and go in a different direction - because of online bullys and trolls like you - but its ok cos they are left wing and trendy

Don’t be daft 🤷🏻‍♂️

And that's why they give you the updates.

I'd not have been checking some random app to see what was happening in the Saints-Salford game but I switched straight over to it the second Leigh-Leeds finished because of their in-play updates.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

was gonna watch the panthers v storm this morn but for some reason sky decided they had to tell me the score during the leigh game- will get rid of sky now the NRL has started- pointless having both if they're gonna do this

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

was gonna watch the panthers v storm this morn but for some reason sky decided they had to tell me the score during the leigh game- will get rid of sky now the NRL has started- pointless having both if they're gonna do this

The match had been finished for ten hours and they used it to promote further coverage of the NRL on Sky.

Disappointing to have cancelled Sky so early in the season though. How are you going to get angry about their coverage now if you don't see it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I am finding it impossible to solely watch one game on Fridays, because of these blasted updates flashing through.

I'm turning into a channel-hopper going around the grounds. A bit of a pity as I would watch most of the other Friday games on catch-up. I did quite enjoy the closeness of the games from Saints and Leigh, and can see the appeal of such updates. I don't think in-play score updates are necessary though. It is perfectly feasible for the comms just to say that such and such a game on the other channel is close.

Edited by StandOffHalf
  • Like 3

Don’t bother me as I don’t have the sound on , I make my own opinions of the games . I heard it is prob better now as not 3 so called pundits in commentary but still don’t have sound on and I’ve got good at just turning my head in enough time as to not see the score 

9 minutes ago, Davey1 said:

Don’t bother me as I don’t have the sound on , I make my own opinions of the games . I heard it is prob better now as not 3 so called pundits in commentary but still don’t have sound on and I’ve got good at just turning my head in enough time as to not see the score 

I agree 100%. I also cover the bottom right hand corner of the screen. TBF I dont miss the commentary. 

12 minutes ago, Dovster said:

I agree 100%. I also cover the bottom right hand corner of the screen. TBF I dont miss the commentary. 

I love podcasts and have hundreds of ones I want to listen to . Mainly rugby league players giving interviews . I stick a podcast on and watch the game . Again I have got food at being able to take in both and I get the best of both worlds 

• Like 1

am really looking forward to watching the broncos v souths match on delay prob Friday teatime Ish - so after last weekend there's no way I will be letting my enjoyment get ruined again by watching  the wigan game on thurs night and been told the score - its just a matter of one or the other to me - so sorry  SL  and sky cant have it both ways

On 09/03/2024 at 07:32, gingerjon said:

The match had been finished for ten hours and they used it to promote further coverage of the NRL on Sky.

Disappointing to have cancelled Sky so early in the season though. How are you going to get angry about their coverage now if you don't see it?

Sky have always done this with NRL games anyway, it's nothing new.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Damien said:

so for NRL  fans in the UK who don't wanna know the score its a straight choice between SKY and WatchNRL?

Meaning one loses viewers who also lose contact and lose interest in that particular comp - because some folk cant be bothered to press their tv text button  - bbc sport button - or click their smartfone for other scores? (non of which even require the effort of standing up)

Edited by graveyard johnny
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

so for NRL  fans in the UK who don't wanna know the score its a straight choice between SKY and WatchNRL?

Meaning one loses viewers who also lose contact and lose interest in that particular comp - because some folk cant be bothered to press their tv text button  - bbc sport button - or click their smartfone for other scores? (non of which even require the effort of standing up)

That's not the reason Sky does it though is it?

And as I said they have always done this with NRL games anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Damien said:

That's not the reason Sky does it though is it?

And as I said they have always done this with NRL games anyway. 

so what is the reason?

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

so what is the reason?

I am certain Sky don't do it because some folk cant be bothered to press their tv text button, unless you have evidence for that?

10 minutes ago, Damien said:

I am certain Sky don't do it because some folk cant be bothered to press their tv text button, unless you have evidence for that?

if its some of the people I  work with then I  rest my case!

On 12/03/2024 at 20:12, graveyard johnny said:

am really looking forward to watching the broncos v souths match on delay prob Friday teatime Ish - so after last weekend there's no way I will be letting my enjoyment get ruined again by watching  the wigan game on thurs night and been told the score - its just a matter of one or the other to me - so sorry  SL  and sky cant have it both ways

If you love the NRL so much, watch the NRL match before you watch the SL game. It really isn't a hard thing to work out when the NRL match finishes usually 10 hours before the SL match starts

2 hours ago, Click said:

If you love the NRL so much, watch the NRL match before you watch the SL game. It really isn't a hard thing to work out when the NRL match finishes usually 10 hours before the SL match starts

Dont waste your time, its all just posturing and performative nonsense from him.

• Like 1

On 09/03/2024 at 05:57, gingerjon said:

And that's why they give you the updates.

I'd not have been checking some random app to see what was happening in the Saints-Salford game but I switched straight over to it the second Leigh-Leeds finished because of their in-play updates.

As if you wouldn’t have switched over without the live updates anyway. I would expect you would have probably flicked over a couple of times anyway at tries.

As it happens, if the last score update was 40-0, you probably wouldn’t have turned over. 

• Like 1

On 12/03/2024 at 20:17, Damien said:

And it has always done my head in

SL is more important to me but catching up my taped NRL games is great too....unless I didn't manage to turn the volume down and look away when Barry or someone says "and in the NRL earlier" 

It's such an old fashioned and dumb practice in the smart phone and HD recording era

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

And it has always done my head in

SL is more important to me but catching up my taped NRL games is great too....unless I didn't manage to turn the volume down and look away when Barry or someone says "and in the NRL earlier" 

It's such an old fashioned and dumb practice in the smart phone and HD recording era

How many days silence should there be on Sky's flagship rugby league programmes about the world's flagship rugby league competition to enable you and a handful of others to watch the games without knowing the score?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

How many days silence should there be on Sky's flagship rugby league programmes about the world's flagship rugby league competition to enable you and a handful of others to watch the games without knowing the score?

I'm currently about half way through the 1986 Winfield Cup Preliminary final between Canterbury and Balmain on YouTube.  If we could hold off mentioning the score until I finish it tomorrow that would be great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 hours ago, Click said:

There are many other ways of finding out the score . I was going to be funny and type the score here for you to see but I decided not too 

On 12/03/2024 at 20:12, graveyard johnny said:

Very hard to do that without finding the score anyway for eg if I was a stay I could do this      Broncos 109 south’s 99 part of me wants to say the true score but I’m kind 

4 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Ye Gods Jon this is extraordinary you don't get it...

I've had my say on it so I'm now done and out on the topic 

On 14/03/2024 at 20:30, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Ye Gods Jon this is extraordinary you don't get it...

I've had my say on it so I'm now done and out on the topic 

I think its just a matter of certain forum members want to disagree with any point of view I may have no matter what it is - if I said I was running round the world for charity it would be "the wrong charity" 

• Like 1