Here we go again!!!!!

POR

15 minutes ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

I saw a link showing B Mathieu Vs Featherstone Rovers from employment tribunals

B Mathiou, not Mathieu.

Interesting judgement in that the judge ruled he was entitled to win bonuses when loaned out and the loaning team won....

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

B Mathiou, not Mathieu.

Interesting judgement in that the judge ruled he was entitled to win bonuses when loaned out and the loaning team won....

I can see why Fev didn't want to pay him.But unless it is stated in his contract that he only gets paid if in the match day line up for Fev that is why it went to a tribunal.Bit of a grey area for me.My old solicitor in Ponte Mr Goldman always told me keep out of court some of the judgements depend on which side of the bed the judge gets out of.He said he had seen some shockers in his time.

42 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

B Mathiou, not Mathieu.

More interesting - My understanding of reading it was we didn't respond in time which had a large impact on the verdict. The club really is a shambles off the pitch. Not paying people what they are contractually entitled to, whatever your thoughts on those people are, is absolutely not on.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Michael Bates said:

More interesting - My understanding of reading it was we didn't respond in time which had a large impact on the verdict. The club really is a shambles off the pitch. Not paying people what they are contractually entitled to, whatever your thoughts on those people are, is absolutely not on.

Think the Club did reply but the reply was unreadable - and sent the day before the deadline so couldn't be re-submitted

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

We can always rely on some amateurish off field issue to tarnish a feelgood factor, like beating Wakey.  It does feel like we're run by numpties at times. 

How much is the CEO on i tried to e mail him about my membership and am blocked.You don't think he has been reading some of my posts do you.I cut Mark some slack because he has worked tirelessly over the years for Fev dipping into his own pockets.But we are terrible at managing money.

15 minutes ago, lingaro said:

I've tried emailing about my membership too.  Apparently not on the list and asked to prove I have one. No reply yet. 

I paid mine by debit card so it is on my bank statement as proof.If you paid cash it may be difficult to trace it.

Should we find out how much is involved and then set up some kind of pay back system. £5 a month from a 1000 supporters for 12 months would easily cover it. 

35 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Should we find out how much is involved and then set up some kind of pay back system. £5 a month from a 1000 supporters for 12 months would easily cover it. 

With respect Colin don't you think the same supporters already pay enough to the club ? Season tickets, admission on day,golden gamble,merchandise, squad builder ,club lottery and refreshments.  A lot of fans are up in arms about £20 for concessions so i can't see many fans paying more money out,it's up to the CLUB to manage the money better.

• Like 5

Take on board what you have said. Just looking to the future. Perhaps the management should make some concessions from their income.

1 hour ago, lingaro said:

Ah thought you meant life memberships.  My name was not on the list.  

Apparently there’s several people in this very position 

Im Fev and im proud

Wasn't this so-called news first mentioned before Christmas, with the club making a statement about non payment of wages. It seems a bit odd, that after we as a club had witnessed a great performance, and everyone associated with the club was on a high. That this is released in the press. One other thing  if as being made of the club that it's a bad payer of players wages, how do we still manage to sign overseas players ? because surely word gets about of how Fev aren't very good payers. If I was a player I don't think I'd sign for the club. As for other problems within the club, those neeed dealing with. All  they're doing at the minute is making loyal supporters think about their support.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wasginger said:

Wasn't this so-called news first mentioned before Christmas, with the club making a statement about non payment of wages. It seems a bit odd, that after we as a club had witnessed a great performance, and everyone associated with the club was on a high. That this is released in the press. One other thing  if as being made of the club that it's a bad payer of players wages, how do we still manage to sign overseas players ? because surely word gets about of how Fev aren't very good payers. If I was a player I don't think I'd sign for the club. As for other problems within the club, those neeed dealing with. All  they're doing at the minute is making loyal supporters think about their support.

Good comments. Speculation always gets in the way of the truth. I'm just watching Fev beating Wakey for the eighth time on YouTube. Let the club deal with any financial worries with the hope that it's sorted favourably for all concerned. And let the players focus on a Batley side that always show up for one another.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Good comments. Speculation always gets in the way of the truth. I'm just watching Fev beating Wakey for the eighth time on YouTube. Let the club deal with any financial worries with the hope that it's sorted favourably for all concerned. And let the players focus on a Batley side that always show up for one another.

He he yeah by the 9th replay I was starting to look at my mom vote again.  Connor J was immense.  Not a day for his scooting runs but some massive hits and of course 80 mins.  Also, as I think was mentioned elsewhere, Lacans was fantastic and his kicking game especially given the conditions was very good.  Could be exciting times with 2 half backs who can skip through the defence (although wait a minute aren't we a team that can only play in mud)...........