Sun 17th Mar: SL: London Broncos v Warrington Wolves KO 15:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/03/24 at 15:30

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

Seems like I missed nothing being on the far side of the world at present. 

You can have as many Brewdog pints and easter egg hunts as you like but if the on field product is poor then newbies are not going to be coming back.

And Londons attendances are predictably going through a steady decline.

• Like 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Flew into London after being at the Dragons the night before,wonderful away support from Wolves fans Broncos tried and tried but sadly they are no more than a bang average championship team.

The only saving grace is that both Castleford and Hull FC are no better its going to be a race to the bottom on minus points.

Edited by ATLANTISMAN

15 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

The only saving grace is that both Castleford and Hull FC are no better its going to be a race to the bottom on minus points.

In truth, it's going to be pretty dire at the bottom if 3/12 of the league aren't making the effort over 8 months. 

29 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

In truth, it's going to be pretty dire at the bottom if 3/12 of the league aren't making the effort over 8 months. 

One thing i would say Archie is that the Broncos team spirit is superb (Even in defeat) many of the players are enjoying their time in the spotlight of being in super league.

I can see the opposite for the other 2 clubs.

3 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

One thing i would say Archie is that the Broncos team spirit is superb (Even in defeat) many of the players are enjoying their time in the spotlight of being in super league.

True about the London players. I watched Cas too - as you did - and I thought they put some effort in. Hull are the odd one out IMO. A reasonable squad but zero appetite for the game.

Blew my coupon this one. I thought London might give it a dig with 30 start but folded like a deck of cards.

Lack of gaining yards, not winning the ruck and running out of gas will result in some blow outs unfortunately, but like Leigh a few seasons ago, may shock a few towards the end of the season.

3 hours ago, Hopie said:

Almost a world record in this game, although the camera angle for that attempt was a strange one so needed the waving flags to see it had missed.  

You could see Ratchford had missed straight away, as before the ball reached the sticks he put his face in his hands!   Shame, but at least he has the Super League record, and still equals the world record.

The most encouraging thing about this game was the way that so many academy graduates just slotted straight in and didn't look out of place.   And most of those were juniors local to the Warrington area.   So far Burgess has been both a revolution and a revelation in that regard.   He just seems to get the most out of what he has to work with, and whilst this Warrington team doesn't yet look like a title-winning one, it's starting to look like a serious play-off contender.   I'll admit to being pleasantly surprised.

• Like 2

Enjoyable afternoon at the Cherry Red, which is a tidy little set up and would have perhaps been the perfect base for the Broncos when they had a more competitive side. In any case, with a direct train to St Pancras it is very handy for northerners travelling by public transport via King's Cross or Euston.

The game was a bit of a cakewalk, sadly, and London will have some long days this season. As FBTW says above, great to see a number of younger/squad players getting some minutes and looking the part.

I felt sorry for Ratchford as he was landing all sorts of awkward kicks and then clearly overthought the (relatively simple) kick that would have broken the record.

• Thanks 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

17 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Blew my coupon this one. I thought London might give it a dig with 30 start but folded like a deck of cards.

Lack of gaining yards, not winning the ruck and running out of gas will result in some blow outs unfortunately, but like Leigh a few seasons ago, may shock a few towards the end of the season.

Wire (-24) finished off a treble for me, that and Leigh (+2) looked easy money this weekend. Expecting the bookies to catch up with reality soon.  

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

yeah  the lads afterwards were fairly upbeat considering how tough it will be ,but as you say testing themselves against the best ,and really want to get up to speed ...maybe by round 12/14!!

48 minutes ago, Fly-By-TheWire said:

You could see Ratchford had missed straight away, as before the ball reached the sticks he put his face in his hands!   Shame, but at least he has the Super League record, and still equals the world record.

The most encouraging thing about this game was the way that so many academy graduates just slotted straight in and didn't look out of place.   And most of those were juniors local to the Warrington area.   So far Burgess has been both a revolution and a revelation in that regard.   He just seems to get the most out of what he has to work with, and whilst this Warrington team doesn't yet look like a title-winning one, it's starting to look like a serious play-off contender.   I'll admit to being pleasantly surprised.

definitely top 4 .i thought best of the top 4 sides we've played at home so far...both Wigan and Warrington youngsters look very good ,i'd say better than our own young kids by some way  tbh

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Hopie said:

Wire (-24) finished off a treble for me, that and Leigh (+2) looked easy money this weekend. Expecting the bookies to catch up with reality soon.  

Leighs was a banker  (Scratch), as was Hull KR, but God, what an Earth was I thinking !!! 

• Like 1

Conversation overheard on the 77 back to Tooting Broadway:

"Who was the number 4 who kicked all the goals?"

"Ratchford."

"Rashford?"

"No, Ratchford."

"And does he play for England?"

"Yes."

"And he's the Fly Half?"

"Yes the Fly Half."

It made me smile after a very good day out at the Cherry Red.  Two for one cocktails in Tooting Broadway Market and back home in Leyton by 6.30.  Roll on 11th August for the loop fixture.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque