Fri 15th Mar: SL: Leeds Rhinos v St Helens KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/03/24 at 20:30

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

Ticket sales seem a bit flat for this one, it might be a smaller crowd than the Catalan game. A sign of a lack of confidence in this Leeds team getting things done? Maybe, I think it could be St Helens by plenty, especially after they lost last week. Leeds have Bentley back which should stiffen some things up where they were soft last week but it probably won't be enough.

I'm interested to see what side we name. Sironen and Percival are out. Walmsley, Lees and Batchelor all doubts. I would rather we didn't risk any players even with a slight knock given the far more important match we have next week. 

Goalkicking will be an issue for us. Percival isn't a natural as it is. So it's Makinson who is hit and miss or Dodd who hasn't kicked for a long time. That will make things harder for us as we will probably go up in 4 rather than 6. I'll back us to win, very narrowly!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, M j M said:

Ticket sales seem a bit flat for this one, it might be a smaller crowd than the Catalan game. A sign of a lack of confidence in this Leeds team getting things done? Maybe, I think it could be St Helens by plenty, especially after they lost last week. Leeds have Bentley back which should stiffen some things up where they were soft last week but it probably won't be enough.

Not much available on the Leeds ticket website when I checked earlier this week and that’s before walk ups 

3 hours ago, M j M said:

spacer.png

Looks pretty good to me?

Red is limited tickets available

A good win by Saints in this game with Leeds flattering to deceive. In the first half Leeds appeared to be well on top with the game there for the taking but just couldn't finish Saints off.

I may well be looking at this through a warped Leeds lens...

I was left feeling really quite frustrated from the game. Yes, Leeds let the game go and weren't dominant enough for long enough to deserve the win.

However, I though Saints got away with an awful lot around the ruck, it was almost like watching Saints in 2023 and that the ruck was poles apart from what we witnessed in the first couple of rounds. There were hands all over the ball and a lot of knees/third man joining late etc. I was really hopeful for a cleaner ruck in 2024 and the first couple of rounds were so refreshing to see an open flowing speedy game. 2 steps forward and another 2 back.

• Haha 1

I didn’t want to go the match but i was persuaded in the end, now i am glad i did. It was an entertaining match, i thought we’d get pasted before KO then when we went 8-0 down i feared it could be 30/40pts. Fair credit to leeds they played some exciting RL in the first half and although it is painful when your club is on the receiving end, i do appreciate good RL no matter who it is. 
Saints did really well to get back into the game, i still think we need too improve our last tackle options. A big pat on the back for Bennison, Lomax, Dodd, Walmsley, Mata’utia, Knowles, Mbye, Bell, Wingfield, Delaney. Even Blake had an ok game. Excellent crowd with the weather not being great.