Toulouse

On 22/03/2024 at 08:54, only 2 weeks away said:

Be interesting to see what team we put out, Myler Williams Tommo dagger out. Would be nice to get an update on Cunningham.

Time to move on from Donny, big performance at home for first league game.

Hingano when fit would always be my first choice halfback on the teamsheet , he and harris are tried and tested , while dagger is missing please put harrison at fullback browny back on the wing with harrison taking the goalkicks, looking forward to a better defensive effort and general stability all round 

Certainly got to be a whole lot better defensively and more disciplined than we showed against Doncaster if we are going to have any chance of beating Toulouse,would bench the 3who started in the front row and would have Myler or Harrison at fullback with Brown and AJ on the wings.

Can’t see us getting much out of the game. Heard myler out for a while. No dagger or Tomo.  Don’t know when Williams ban will start. Can’t imagine hingano will play as he played last week

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Can’t see past a Toulouse win especially with the group of players we are missing they are too big too strong for our pack.Ive also heard that myler is out for 2-3 months with fractured elbow 

Edited by Cam varley

Hopefully Hingano will be playing alongside Harris,  Jesse Dee should be back,  could do worse than put  Harrison at Full Back and have Lineham and Joe Brown on the wings, I think AJ needs to be ‘rested’  after the Doncaster game, and bring Severs onto the bench. 

• Like 2

I think to "rest" A.J. would be like making him the scapegoat for the Donny defeat and even though he had a poor game by his normal standards and made a couple of bad errors, he certainly wasn't the only one. It was the first league game of the season and if your talking of "resting" a player after that I think you mean dropping him and that wouldn't do his confidence any good at all. If you want to drop players for having a poor game half of last weeks team would be dropped this week. Just a matter of opinion of course.😀

• Like 6

I'd love us to mix it up a bit this week and go for something bit different and leftfield. Hingano loose forward, Myles at fullback, Dee in the forwards, Lineham at centre and Daley in the half's, with Pemberton on the bench as I think he brings a spark and real enthusiasm to the side. Can swap things about if its not working and plenty of cover. Pretty sure none of that will happen but it would be an interesting side..

Harrison, Brown, Lineham, Kienhorst, AJ, Daley, Harris, Taii, Jubb, Fitzy, Dee, Field, Hingano

Michael, Teanby, Pemberton, Severs/ TNW

Back in the real world this what I realistically think it will be,

Brown, Lineham, Dee, Kienhorst, AJ, Hingano, Harris, Taii, Jubb, Fitzy, Severs, Field, TNW

Michael, Teanby, Daley, Bailey 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

I think to "rest" A.J. would be like making him the scapegoat for the Donny defeat and even though he had a poor game by his normal standards and made a couple of bad errors, he certainly wasn't the only one. It was the first league game of the season and if your talking of "resting" a player after that I think you mean dropping him and that wouldn't do his confidence any good at all. If you want to drop players for having a poor game half of last weeks team would be dropped this week. Just a matter of opinion of course.😀

Believe it or not I am a big fan of AJ and I think he has been an outstanding signing, however I think if he plays on Sunday he would be targeted by the opposition coach as a weak link, rightly or wrongly.I certainly don’t think he is a scapegoat for the performance against Doncaster, there were plenty of more experienced players on the field who didn’t turn up, He is still young , and it could damage his confidence even more, surely. when there is more than adequate cover,  it is better to take that pressure away, especially against a side that on paper will be vying for promotion along with Wakefield, that is why I wouldn’t play him.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cam varley said:

I’d go
Harrison
Lineham
Dee
Keinhorst
Towse 
Hingano
Harris
Taii

jubb
Fitzsimmons 
Severs
Field
Tnw

Subs
Micheal
Reynolds
Teanby
Daley

leaving out brown Bailey ward pemberton

can't disagree good looking side that

Lets just hope we can avoid the jaw-breaking and pointless late hits on the opposition. The last thing we need is more of the team sitting in the stands to add to our obligatory injuries. Any news on Bailey and Levi? I’d quite like to see them play again before I take my final journey to the crematorium. There’s nothing wrong with me, but the speed York players recover you never know. 

Edited by Fax Knight
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

Lets just hope we can avoid the jaw-breaking and pointless late hits on the opposition. The last thing we need is more of the team sitting in the stands to add to our obligatory injuries. Any news on Bailey and Levi? I’d quite like to see them play again before I take my final journey to the crematorium. There’s nothing wrong with me, but the speed York players recover you never know. 

Bailey due back mid season apparently, when I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago he was raring to go and can’t wait to get back on the field. I think Levi may be around the same time. Agree with the discipline side, That is something we never had much of a problem with in the past ( apart from Pauli Pauli, but I think that was a combination of poor technique and his size as opposed to out and out foul play) I know things have been tightened up by the officials so we need to be even smarter.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Expatknight said:

Believe it or not I am a big fan of AJ and I think he has been an outstanding signing, however I think if he plays on Sunday he would be targeted by the opposition coach as a weak link, rightly or wrongly.I certainly don’t think he is a scapegoat for the performance against Doncaster, there were plenty of more experienced players on the field who didn’t turn up, He is still young , and it could damage his confidence even more, surely. when there is more than adequate cover,  it is better to take that pressure away, especially against a side that on paper will be vying for promotion along with Wakefield, that is why I wouldn’t play him.

Maybe Clint missed a trick , perhaps he should have offered you the job of head coach as you seem to have far more idea than the incumbent who it would seem, as far as you are concerned, doesn’t know what he is doing or where to play his players. I am sure if you offered to join him even in an advisory capacity he would snap your hand off with all your incite and knowledge of the game…

😉😉😉

• Haha 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

25 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Maybe Clint missed a trick , perhaps he should have offered you the job of head coach as you seem to have far more idea than the incumbent who it would seem, as far as you are concerned, doesn’t know what he is doing or where to play his players. I am sure if you offered to join him even in an advisory capacity he would snap your hand off with all your incite and knowledge of the game…

😉😉😉

ISWYDT 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

23 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

Edited by Clarence Street

14 hours ago, Expatknight said:

As I said, just a matter of opinion.

7 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

😉😉😉

Well he insists on playing Brown at fb and Harrison at centre so you have a valid point 😉 but I suppose tomorrow will tell.

Anyone know if it's free car parking tomorrow, m&s is shut so can't get a bag of crisps for a fiver to validate the parking 🤷

Good to see York academy providing most of the points for Newcastle today 👏

On 29/03/2024 at 21:11, rich f said:

I'd love us to mix it up a bit this week and go for something bit different and leftfield. Hingano loose forward, Myles at fullback, Dee in the forwards, Lineham at centre and Daley in the half's, with Pemberton on the bench as I think he brings a spark and real enthusiasm to the side. Can swap things about if its not working and plenty of cover. Pretty sure none of that will happen but it would be an interesting side..

Harrison, Brown, Lineham, Kienhorst, AJ, Daley, Harris, Taii, Jubb, Fitzy, Dee, Field, Hingano

Michael, Teanby, Pemberton, Severs/ TNW

Back in the real world this what I realistically think it will be,

Brown, Lineham, Dee, Kienhorst, AJ, Hingano, Harris, Taii, Jubb, Fitzy, Severs, Field, TNW

Michael, Teanby, Daley, Bailey 

Wouldn't have any complaints about starting Hingano at loose forward with Daley in the halves with Harris,but our forwards need to be a whole lot better than at Doncaster.

I don't think you'll see Pemberton, as he and Ward played yesterday for Newcastle, and I think the rules stop them playing on successive days. If that is the case, why were they in our 21 man squad, is everybody else injured?

28 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I don't think you'll see Pemberton, as he and Ward played yesterday for Newcastle, and I think the rules stop them playing on successive days. If that is the case, why were they in our 21 man squad, is everybody else injured?

Injured, banned or left for the toon.

On 30/03/2024 at 03:15, Cam varley said:

I’d go
Harrison
Lineham
Dee
Keinhorst
Towse 
Hingano
Harris
Taii

jubb