Fri 22nd Mar-Sun 24th Mar: The Betfred Challenge Cup Sixth Round Match Thread

Just now, MZH said:

Anyone know how long is actually left in the Leeds v Saints game? They don't seem to have been stopping the clock for anything. Is there a game clock in the ground?

A clock that's up for it you mean?

• Haha 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Just now, Old Frightful said:

My quote was from the Generation Game.

Never saw Play your cards right...was he about 100?

A guy I played in a wind band with went on You bet! when Bruce Forsyth was the presenter. He said that Brucie was permanently "on" even backstage. Just a non-stop ball of energy, bantering with nervous guests, playing the piano for them, cracking jokes etc. A consummate pro, but quite exhausting.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, DavidM said:

Walmsleys been good

should have tried his arm in NRL- too late now

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Walmsleys been good

Even better now! Good alertness.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

so 2 defeats in 2 weeks at home to a -lets face it - not great saints team - taxi for RS?

• Like 1

Last five minutes have been, erm, disappointing for Leeds.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Hull KR 34:0 Salford (57 mins)
Leeds 6:20 St Helens (75 mins)
Wigan 26:18 Sheffield (67 mins)

• Thanks 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

24 minutes ago, Andrewj said:

In all my years of watching RL I have never seen a team winge and moan after every tackle as St Helens do. Especially Warmsley !!

He has always been dreadful for it ....and rarely plays the ball at the place where tackle was called 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

He has always been dreadful for it ....and rarely plays the ball at the place where tackle was called 

To be fair to him, it must be difficult to remember where you were tackled after all that arm waving and staring at the ref.

• Haha 2

with 75 seconds left, Saints are pinned for offside...

This Miller fella is certainly an evasive runner. If he went forwards he'd be a real danger.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Imagine it being 2024, the top clubs have entered into the Challenge Cup and the only coverage is on the red button with two cameras and the clock 'just a guide'. Depressing.

• Like 5

Just now, JonNgog said:

this is just disgraceful from the BBC. The clock isn’t even correct?

Must have been the shortest second half in modern rugby league history. They didn't even stop the clock whilst the yellow cards were being dished out.

Just now, JonNgog said:

this is just disgraceful from the BBC. The clock isn’t even correct?

This is exactly the same as all non-broadcast Cup ties on the Beeb ever since they started the live streams.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Gooleboy said:

Still in March and that's Leeds season over. On a side note, God knows what some of the great Leeds half backs of the past would make of the performance of tonight's pairing.

or the great loose forwards would make of cam smith? should be nowhere near the Leeds team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

This is exactly the same as all non-broadcast Cup ties on the Beeb ever since they started the live streams.

That's usually on a roped field at Millom or Thatto Heath, not two top pro clubs FFS.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

or the great loose forwards would make of cam smith? should be nowhere near the Leeds team

He's a player I usually rate but he didn't want to know tonight. Rarely got onside until Leeds's 4th or 5th tackle.

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

That's usually on a roped field at Millom or Thatto Heath, not two top pro clubs FFS.

Judging by many comments, TRL member would rather have been watching a roped-off field at Millom or Thatto Heath. But if the BBC had shown that, they'd have whinged about something else and/or said it was a disgrace that the BBC weren't showcasing two of the biggest clubs in the game.

• Like 3

Ralph Waldo Emerson