Gadwin Springer appreciation post

Is anyone else finding Gadwin one of their favourite players of recent years? He's bounced around a number of clubs, seemingly falling out with one or two of them, but finally seems to have found his spiritual home at Fev, and more than that, the responsibility he has taken on this season since the departure of some of our older props/middles has been immense.

Having been regarded for much of his career as an impact player for short stints off the bench he's now our clear-cut most important middle (along with Addy but he plays a different role) and is playing big minutes every week and charges into the opposition in both attack and defence. Love watching him play.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Squidward said:

For those reasons TPH please remove this topic. 

Let's just keep it to ourselves. You don't know who might be reading!

"So Matt Peet, how do you explain your exceptional recruitment in the last couple of seasons? You must have an extensive network of scouts and well-connected RL insiders?"
"Nah mate, we just read Phantom Horseman's ramblings on the Fev forum."

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

He's an absolute colossus! To think Halifax released him because he's too lazy! 

Every run he does is a joy to watch. Get yei and Albert fit with springer. What firepower that is!

Fax didn't release him for being lazy. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

Fax didn't release him for being lazy. 

I have no idea what the issue was that led to his release, but every time I saw him play for Fax he seemed to get about 20 minutes off the bench and was then whisked off again, which seemed very odd given most of your other middles at the time seemed pretty average.

36 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I have no idea what the issue was that led to his release, but every time I saw him play for Fax he seemed to get about 20 minutes off the bench and was then whisked off again, which seemed very odd given most of your other middles at the time seemed pretty average.

I think the answer to this lies with Simon Grix. Certainly on yesterday's performance he's a top championship player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

I think the answer to this lies with Simon Grix. Certainly on yesterday's performance he's a top championship player.

Good luck today OG. Tall order but I hope you give them one hell of a game.

• Like 1

Sorry to go off post here, but I think Tomlinson is improving every game. His offload to Josh in the try build up was lovely. In fact he did yesterday what a lot of so-called class 2nd rowers have failed to do and that's release their centre.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, wasginger said:

Sorry to go off post here, but I think Tomlinson is improving every game. His offload to Josh in the try build up was lovely. In fact he did yesterday what a lot of so-called class 2nd rowers have failed to do and that's release their centre.

He's been a lot better than I expected and you're right that was a really good piece of play when he released Josh as there didn't look to be anything on.

• Like 1

At the risk of hijacking the thread, I'd say the same for Greg Minikin.  I didn't really expect much of him when he signed, but I think he's been immense.  He's as strong as an ox and genuinely seems to give his all.

• Like 2

On 24/03/2024 at 05:27, The Phantom Horseman said:

That is exactly how it played out for him in Toronto also...he runs so hard he might just hurt himself.