Dewsbury Giants v Batley Bulldogs

I notice not much excitement seems to be generated by Friday's fixture, but personally l am really looking forward to this one. Main reason is because l haven't been able to get down as often as l would normally, but also because it will be a good pointer as to how we are going. 

I expect a tough encounter, and a close scoreline. 

• Like 1

I will try and follow it whilst here bobbing about on the high seas.

50 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

Just the 3 huddersfield players in the dewsbury 21

Giants in sheep's clothes 

Whilst Cas have loaned players elsewhere. Why do you think that is?

I trust that you aren't objecting to loan players are you?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I think our coach is giving the lads who have trained and been playing minutes despite our last 2 results 

nice to see browny and woods back in the matchday squads hopefully both ready to go 

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Have you had lots of injuries to the original members of your squad this season?

These Giants are only men, NOT GIANTS! Man on man is where it matters. We matched Fev, we weren't overrun by Cas, why will, if all 3 play, they help Rams overrun us? Players rarely walk in to a new team, know the systems and blow opponents off the field. We're as tight and spirited again, players who have had to come in (Gibbons for Woods eg) are putting their stamp on games and those getting picked regularly are being picked regularly because of others in the squad forcing them to play well enough to get picked. This is ours 12+ points.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, distantdog said:

Have you had lots of injuries to the original members of your squad this season?

Not that I’m aware of. I don’t like DR but there are bigger clubs than us with bigger budgets that are hooking up with clubs so why not us. Due to Dale been very poorly in the off-season our preparation and recruitment was disrupted so Dale probably asn’t seen enough of some players just to throw them in,we could get away with it last season in league one but not in the championship. Anyway with a bit of luck we can get one or two players in on long term loans,especially Rush.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Not that I’m aware of. I don’t like DR but there are bigger clubs than us with bigger budgets that are hooking up with clubs so why not us. Due to Dale been very poorly in the off-season our preparation and recruitment was disrupted so Dale probably asn’t seen enough of some players just to throw them in,we could get away with it last season in league one but not in the championship. Anyway with a bit of luck we can get one or two players in on long term loans,especially Rush.

Thanks for the reply. It interests me that quite a few clubs are using DR so early in the season, as well as quite a few already indulging in the 2 week loans, which tended to be a feature later in the season when a few injuries have been picked up. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

I think our coach is giving the lads who have trained and been playing minutes despite our last 2 results 

nice to see browny and woods back in the matchday squads hopefully both ready to go 

Going by the 17 played last Saturday, I think we are light in the middles. Therefore why not see Big Sammy back to us on loan/DR. Better game time with us rather than the reserves of Cas. Also, not too sure if we'll see Woods this week either. He seems to play a game or 2 and then injured for a few. Maybe give him time to get over his injury properly. That said Gibbons and White seem to be gelling OK in the halves. It's a long season and although we need to win as many as possible early on, it's how you finish the season that counts. Get Woods fully fit and see him have a good run of games.

56 minutes ago, BullyXL said:

Going by the 17 played last Saturday, I think we are light in the middles. Therefore why not see Big Sammy back to us on loan/DR. Better game time with us rather than the reserves of Cas. Also, not too sure if we'll see Woods this week either. He seems to play a game or 2 and then injured for a few. Maybe give him time to get over his injury properly. That said Gibbons and White seem to be gelling OK in the halves. It's a long season and although we need to win as many as possible early on, it's how you finish the season that counts. Get Woods fully fit and see him have a good run of games.

Browny could be back no offence to kibula but I’d take vete or hind marsh from cas over sammy he’s not a prop 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Browny could be back no offence to kibula but I’d take vete or hind marsh from cas over sammy he’s not a prop 

Hindmarsh, once he's fit, would be a good addition to the squad. Seen him down at Broncos in the past and he looks good.

• Like 1

DF I reckon those hard games will have done us more good than harm, pulled us together as an outfit. We've got away lightly with injuries and I understand there was a bit of illness around the squad pre Cas. Dave Gibbons has slotted in well; as I've said somewhere he's a different type of player to Woods. Woods is a great organiser, very vocal, has a great pass on him but Gibbons is more of an up and at 'em player, I mean when BenW made that break at Widnes, I doubt Woods would have followed him as there was every likelihood of the tackle being made but Gibbons stuck with it. There are experienced, capable heads (Kear, Brown, Blake,) and young Rhodes pushing the others to keep their performance up. We'll be right on Friday.

Having said what I said about being OK, can we really only raise 20? We hear nothing about injuries other than what we see and hear from talking to players. Blake, Johnson, is Rhodes still at the club, Chitakunye we know had a leg brace on, Flynn? Hope our running a small squad isn't going to bite our behinds. So much for Cas's aid.