Thur 28th Mar: SL: Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/03/24 at 20:32

The Wheldon Walk is underway. :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

They're broken.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

IMG put the onus on points scoring in other areas rather than on the pitch. Reap what you sow with some clubs. 

Unfortunately my club thought it could assemble a championship level squad to penny pinch for other areas. 

After all league standing counts for nothing. 

• Like 6

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

Worst team so far is…Castleford, Hull FC or London?

London, sadly.

Cas worked for each other and held out for a good long time tonight, but offered so little in attack, it was always about limiting the score they'd lose by once the dam broke.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

34 minutes ago, Dave T said:

This is quite simply a rewrite of history. 

Explain why the way decisions were made changed then. Chapter and verse, why?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

For all those having a pop, genuine question for you.....

Under IMG what would you do in our situation? Because I guarantee the people laughing at us for having a ###### squad are the same ones saying we need to build a new stadium.

• Like 1

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

1 minute ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Under IMG what would you do in our situation? Because I guarantee the people laughing at us for having a ###### squad are the same ones saying we need to build a new stadium.

They should have built the new stadium years ago when they promised to do so they could stay in SL.

• Like 1

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

They should have built the new stadium years ago when they promised to do so they could stay in SL.

Answer the question....

• Like 1

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Just now, Padge said:

Oh look it's a fan of a club who haven't paid a penny to build a stadium.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

London, sadly.

Cas worked for each other and held out for a good long time tonight, but offered so little in attack, it was always about limiting the score they'd lose by once the dam broke.

Watched the first half. Impressed and  thought that Cas were finally going to put some points on. They were fast, aggressive, positive and really had Leeds up against the ropes. Just couldn't get over the line thanks to Leeds heroic defence. Didn't watch the 2nd half, though.

1 minute ago, M j M said:

Oh look it's a fan of a club who haven't paid a penny to build a stadium.

We paid aprox. £7m, to the costs of the stadium.

1 hour ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Cas by far the better side and look decent until they get within 10m of the Leeds line.

I thought Cas did everything right in the first half but didn't ever look like breaching the defence.

You got the feeling that if Cas didn't score when they were on top they would lose the game and so it proved.

2 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Answer the question....

I did, you wouldn't be in the situation if you had followed up on promises. Therefore you should accept your fate and not whinge about IMG.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Thing is, Cas are putting money into a bodge, not a new stadium, and that's the council £2m. How that affects the quality of the squad, I don't know.

53 minutes ago, Roy Haggerty said:

This is another good example of why it’s a terrible idea to require the on-field referee to give an indication. I’m fairly sure if the video ref wasn’t under pressure to back his colleague on the field, that’s no try. Didn’t look like control to me!

I thought that, I didn't think it was a try at all, but the 2 officials who matter did.

1 minute ago, Zilla Budgie said:

Sadly it really doesn't matter if Cas don't win a league game all season....(they will though) 😎

We won't! 

• Sad 1

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

Let’s take it down a notch fellas

Agreed, if he knew about the tragedy in my life he really wouldn't be making references to that sort of stuff

4 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Focusing on the positives for a minute…

Are Leeds just a playoff team with everyone fit, or could they surprise a few and get further?

Guess we’ll know more when Warrington go to Headingley next.

I think Leeds are better than most have been saying recently. Some folk seem to be judging them on getting beaten by Saints in the cup. They could easily be there or thereabouts

• Like 1