Hunslet 7th April.

jroyales

2 hours ago, m brooksy said:

Superb performance 1 to 17 and complete domination from minute one to eighty. Anyone who has seen Tyrer play before this season knows how good he can be and I think he left a few tries out there in the second half. Kopzcak was immense as always and Lawton continued his brilliant form putting in huge hits and making breaks.

Craven was brilliant and had his best game in an Oldham shirt and when he went to scrum half in the second half we scored some superb tries. Think that second half is the standard and style we are looking to take forward into the championship with Craven controlling the game, Logan supporting at stand off with PLT being dynamite at full back and even in a small cameo having some serious highlights.

Feels a bit silly picking individuals out as you could legitimately pick 10 plus players who had cracking games.

I know Cian scored 6 , but I thought JT was immense. His centre play to put his winger in was superb. 
But his tackles on his opposing centre during first 10 minutes or so really set the tempo for defence. 

• Like 4

Great performance yesterday. Completely dominated from start to finish. Bad memories of last season's visit banished. The combinations between Koppy and Lawton and JT and Tyrer stood out. Wildie was exceptional and Craven had his best game yet. A word on the new young lad. His introduction gave us an immediate injection of speed and go forward in the backs. What a find he looks. Selection against Cornwall will be interesting. I expect to see the likes of Paga, Gallagher, Hirst etc. getting more game time. Looking forward to it already. 

Edited by Roughyed Rats
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr Hicks said:

Must be nice to see which DR players will be in the team from one week to the next.

Pretty sure there weren't any (PLT is on a season long loan) yesterday, and given the size (and quality) of the squad, it's an area we probably won't utilise hugely. So I'm not sure what your point is TBH. 

Edited by philipw
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Hicks said:

Must be nice to see which DR players will be in the team from one week to the next.

The  likelyhood is the traffic will be Oldham to Salford not the other way. Salford already using Oldham squad members for their reserves. Quite sad really! 

The lad from HKR (PLT) is on a 12 month lian not DR

• Like 2

Out of curiosity does anyone know what the attendance was at yesterday's game? Apart from the small group of vocal Hunslet fans in the upper tier and the odd few fans here and there I'd have said it was about 70-80% Oldham. Superb turnout to watch what was a classy display by Oldham yesterday. 

• Like 3

FT: A massive win in South Leeds.

Hunslet 0-62 Oldham

As a matter of interest, does anyone know if this was our biggest ever margin of victory against Hunslet either at home or away ? ?

40 minutes ago, ArthurO said:

FT: A massive win in South Leeds.

Hunslet 0-62 Oldham

As a matter of interest, does anyone know if this was our biggest ever margin of victory against Hunslet either at home or away ? ?

Remember Des Foy scoring 4 tries against them.

Would have thought it's a record. Not a team we used to play a lot.

• Like 1

• Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I have no idea how Tyrer scored that 4th one.

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Stats-

Astley-2 tackles. one miss. 2 tackle breaks. 3 try assists. 9 carries=107m

M Turner-6 tackles.one tackle break. one clean break. one try assist. 15 carries=94m

Morgan-6 tackles. one miss.  2 tackle breaks. one clean break. 14 carries=101m

J Turner-4 tackles.3 offloads. 2 tackle breaks. 2 try assists. 14 carries=123m

Tyrer-3 tackles. one miss.  8 tackle breaks. 7 clean breaks. one try assist. 21 carries=199m

Craven-16 tackles. 2 tackle breaks. 2 try assists. 11 carries=38m

Ellis-5 tackles.one tackle break. 1 carry=0m

Kopzcak-17 tackles. one miss. one offload. 16 carries=106m

Wildie-32 tackles. one miss. 5 carries=22m

Farnworth-27 tackles. 3 misses. one offload. one tackle break. 12 carries=103m

Wardle-29 tackles. one tackle break. one clean break. one try assist. 7 carries=100m

Lawton-20 tackles. one miss. 2 offloads. 4 tackle breaks. 3 clean breaks. one try assist. 12 carries=130m

J Chapelhow-20 tackles. one tackle break. 15 carries=104m

subs

PLT-4 tackles. one offload. 3 tackle breaks. one clean break. 8 carries=102m

T Chapelhow-15 tackles. one miss. 10 carries=90m

Hirst-9 tackles. one tackle break. 7 carries=62m

Johnson-13 tackles. 9 carries=43m

Tyrer's stats are obviously immense but this was a proper team effort. Outstanding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2