barra away Sunday

georgeb1

5 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

become a bit of a must win with only a few on zero points now, plus next 2 home matches are very tough to get any points from

Barrow also hunting their first win so is looking a much bigger game than might have first appeared. Hopefully we'll have a few players back.

Going to be a tough game and I'm seeing this a must win for the knights and especially Hendo who is going to be subject to a lot of criticism if we get beat at the weekend.Certainly glad to have Jordon Thompson back in the team who will give us that much needed go forward which we have been lacking in the first 2 championship games.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Puk said:

Going to be a tough game and I'm seeing this a must win for the knights and especially Hendo who is going to be subject to a lot of criticism if we get beat at the weekend.Certainly glad to have Jordon Thompson back in the team who will give us that much needed go forward which we have been lacking in the first 2 championship games.

I think we’d have stood a far better chance of winning those last two games with him and Dagger in the team. They’ve got some making up to do so hopefully they put a good shift in on Sunday. 

• Like 3

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

The next question is, will Harris be fit to play, he was hobbling at the end of last weeks game? Don't know what he was thinking to lift the player like he did, there was no need for it at all. What bans did the two Toulouse players get?

8 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

The next question is, will Harris be fit to play, he was hobbling at the end of last weeks game? Don't know what he was thinking to lift the player like he did, there was no need for it at all. What bans did the two Toulouse players get?

Two Toulouse players both didn’t get a ban what a joke 

I can't believe the assault on Ronan Michael has gone unpunished, Hansen I thought deserved a Yellow card at best. No consistency in the discipline panel whatsoever.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Yes. Banned for the Wakefield game.

probably all 4 first choice halfbacks out for this game ,  still , could be a good watch , Daley and Dee in the half's  for me

The problem is we are on our ###### for a team already, no pre season, 5 very poor performances so far and what incentive is there as a fan for a 6 hour round trip to barra. If I didn't have a season ticket I probably wouldn't go to wakey next week, it could be a cricket score.

Hopefully Aj and myles in the halves 😉

Full match coverage on BBC Radio York, who, ABW, will be making the six hour round trip, from 2pm, all frequencies and online.

Got to pop up and see Wing Commander Cedric and the Craven Park Seagull Squadron.

Watch yer chips!

16 hours ago, only 2 weeks away said:

The problem is we are on our ###### for a team already, no pre season, 5 very poor performances so far and what incentive is there as a fan for a 6 hour round trip to barra. If I didn't have a season ticket I probably wouldn't go to wakey next week, it could be a cricket score.

Hopefully Aj and myles in the halves 😉

I dont think it's at Wakey next week, bud??

1 hour ago, andyacko said:

Full match coverage on BBC Radio York, who, ABW, will be making the six hour round trip, from 2pm, all frequencies and online.

Got to pop up and see Wing Commander Cedric and the Craven Park Seagull Squadron.

Watch yer chips!

A Widnes fan once asked me why was there so many seagulls. I pointed at the big submarine shed and said the sea is just behind it. And she still couldn’t understand why so many seagulls. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I see Taylor Pemberton has been named in the Newcastle Thunder squad for this weekend. Have I missed something or is his time with York up? Really liked what we saw of him last year thought he could only improve with a bit more game time. I guess it could be said that is what he is getting with Chris Thorman but I'd prefer to see him in a Knights shirt.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JonT said:

I see Taylor Pemberton has been named in the Newcastle Thunder squad for this weekend. Have I missed something or is his time with York up? Really liked what we saw of him last year thought he could only improve with a bit more game time. I guess it could be said that is what he is getting with Chris Thorman but I'd prefer to see him in a Knights shirt.

Taylor also listed in our squad for barrow, so who knows

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonT said:

We have three quality hookers. We can't play them all. He signed a 3 year deal a few months ago, he's going nowhere. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

We have three quality hookers. We can't play them all. He signed a 3 year deal a few months ago, he's going nowhere. 

I 100% get that Gav and hope you're right. I still think he could be a cracking impact player coming off the bench though, and goodness only knows we have been missing someone capable of shaking things up in the two league games so far.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonT said:

Instead of who Jon?

15 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

Instead of who Jon?

Fair point. Hooker is one position we seem to have an embarrassment of riches. In my defence I'm in my sickbed with a raging fever and infection so not thinking the straightest 😄 

Ultimately, the most important thing is that the guy gets game time and I couldn't be happier that it is Newcastle that we have the DR set up with. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, JonT said:

Fair point. Hooker is one position we seem to have an embarrassment of riches. In my defence I'm in my sickbed with a raging fever and infection so not thinking the straightest 😄 

Ultimately, the most important thing is that the guy gets game time and I couldn't be happier that it is Newcastle that we have the DR set up with. 

Hendo looks at Pemberton as a utility player , as he apparently does for a lot of the players he has signed, so don’t be surprised if he pops up in the halves or loose forward in the future even though he is hooker. I think he has a lot of potential. 

Edited by Expatknight
Typo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, JonT said:

Hope you pick up soon Jon. Like Expat says, Pembo's looked upon as a bit of a utility player by Hendo and I agree with you, he's a good prospect, but I reckon he could do to fill out a bit first, especially if we're talking about loose forward.

• Like 1