Richie Myler

blackknight

1 hour ago, Fax Knight said:

Before him, Cockayne and Horne. We’ve never replaced those two, a ball playing forward and a tough half-back who created something out of nothing.

Kirmond & Clarkson. Can’t complain about those two. We’re missing them badly this season IMO. 

• Like 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Personally I would have Jordy Thompson as Captain, I think Harris’s game has suffered since he was made captain, I would also play Harrison at Full Back, whilst Dagger is out. I don’t really get why we need all these different coaches either, fair enough having an assistant and maybe one of the senior players but to pay money out for the likes of Paul Cooke - no disrespect to him, in the Championship seems like madness to me. I also think the whole Myler thing has had an unsettling effect , from his signing to his apparent defection, along with all the speculation about his ‘father in law’. Time to move on now and turn the ship around.

• Like 4

• We were totally outplayed today, and even allowing for all our missing players, our defence was embarrassing. How many tries do we concede down our right hand side, why can't this be addressed? Get rid of the defence coach, he obviously isn't doing what he is paid for.
  • It looks like our fan communication system has broken down again. Despite being in our 21 man squad it seems that TNW, and Severs have been recalled by their parent clubs. Did anybody know?
  • And finally, who had the idea of playing blaring music at every break in play, something else that shouldn't be repeated?
  • Like 5

Our big 'on trial' prop looks like a unit. In from Avignon and, previously, Estraigues in French Elite 2.

Couple of half back prospects galloping towards the horizon as we speak, I understand.

Also understand that the nature of Richie Myler's injury and subsequent 'op' means that he would have been out for the season so possibly the move suits both parties?

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, andyacko said:

Our big 'on trial' prop looks like a unit. In from Avignon and, previously, Estraigues in French Elite 2.

Couple of half back prospects galloping towards the horizon as we speak, I understand.

Also understand that the nature of Richie Myler's injury and subsequent 'op' means that he would have been out for the season so possibly the move suits both parties?

Thanks for that Andy. There's a lad about that size drinks in our local pub, could it be him? Seriously, I think we need a centre if Dee and Keinhorst are going to be out for any length of time, and also be wary of taking anybody on loan if they are going to be recalled at the drop of a hat. Neither Leeds or Hull had a game yesterday, but allegedly both recalled their loan players who had been named in our match day squad.

• Like 1

The Knights have now officially announced him as retiring, Hull have also announced him as Director of Rugby.

Cheers for the memories Richie, you'll go down alongside players we signed like Jason Demetriou, Morgan Smith & Adam Cuthbertson in the York Hall of Lame.

• Haha 4

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

22 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

Before him, Cockayne and Horne. We’ve never replaced those two, a ball playing forward and a tough half-back who created something out of nothing.

Ben cockayne,s biggest asset was he never left anything on the pitch and opponents knew they were in a tussle, also graham horne , jack ormonroyd and joel edwards were fantastic props , not many of our current championship side could compete with any of those for passion or skill, time we moved forwards not backwards 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Ben cockayne,s biggest asset was he never left anything on the pitch and opponents knew they were in a tussle, also graham horne , jack ormonroyd and joel edwards were fantastic props , not many of our current championship side could compete with any of those for passion or skill, time we moved forwards not backwards 

Forgotten about Edwards. What a great signing he was. Gave 100% every time and pretty injury free if I remember. Could do with half a dozen like him now. 

7 hours ago, andyacko said:

Maybe we could do with signing a centre to play on the right hand side of the team.

Cockayne, Horne, Edwards, got good service out of them (until Edwards cleared off to Newcastle), but it was in League One. There's a big difference between that and the Championship. Oldham found that out when they played us a few weeks back. They're winning at a canter in League One but we stuffed 'em 46pts 12pts and look at us! 

• Like 2

About time the comments about the current squad stopped, they are part time players and for me they give their all every time they pull on a shirt. I can't think of any of them that shirks running the ball in or doesn't put the shoulder into a tackle. For every Graeme Horne there's been a Jordan Baldwinson, for every Ben Cockayne a Ryan Atkins. I've been critical myself but remember if we had a full squad to choose from a lot of them wouldn't be playing much. We have been poor so far but I'm sure they will turn it around, remember last season, think we were second bottom then won 11 on bounce.

We have a lot of good young lads, unfortunately not many old heads to bring them on but once we get some injuries back I'm sure we'll be there or thereabouts. 

Hopefully now myler has gone and Clint has set the record straight we can kick on. 

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, only 2 weeks away said:

About time the comments about the current squad stopped, they are part time players and for me they give their all every time they pull on a shirt. I can't think of any of them that shirks running the ball in or doesn't put the shoulder into a tackle. For every Graeme Horne there's been a Jordan Baldwinson, for every Ben Cockayne a Ryan Atkins. I've been critical myself but remember if we had a full squad to choose from a lot of them wouldn't be playing much. We have been poor so far but I'm sure they will turn it around, remember last season, think we were second bottom then won 11 on bounce.

We have a lot of good young lads, unfortunately not many old heads to bring them on but once we get some injuries back I'm sure we'll be there or thereabouts. 

Hopefully now myler has gone and Clint has set the record straight we can kick on. 

Onwards and upwards.

Are you Hendo in disguise 😉

26 minutes ago, only 2 weeks away said:

Onwards and upwards.

Agree with most of that apart from the "now Myler has gone " bit. He was one of the "old heads" you mention that we ain't got many of. We've one less now.

Where did we get Joel Edwards from?   French Elite League.

He came after his season there had ended.  It is a goldmine for not only decent Aussies, decent Kiwis and some good French players if they come for the right reasons and settle. of course. Don't think Clint and Hendo aren't looking, they are.

A change is gonna come....😉😄

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, andyacko said:

He came after his season there had ended.  It is a goldmine for not only decent Aussies, decent Kiwis and some good French players if they come for the right reasons and settle. of course. Don't think Clint and Hendo aren't looking, they are.

Hope so mate. Fully understand we have lots of injuries and suspensions. Maybe too late once the injured return. I don’t think the current squad will stay up as hard as they are trying 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

15 hours ago, andyacko said:

You're right there Andy. I always make a point of reading the French Elite report in the League Express and it's often the Aussies or N.Z. players getting the plaudits. Brendan Santi started his Eupopean rugby career at Toulouse I believe and he ain't bad! It's good to hear Clint and Hendo are looking in that direction so let's hope they have some success, sooner rather than later! 

Edited by Clarence Street
  • Like 3

I just hope we can draw a line under Myler now and move on quickly. I've always had reservations about "big named" players coming down to the championship as they rarely work out. They cost a lot of money and either use the club as a stepping stone to get another superleague contract or don't adjust to playing part time. No loyalty and all about money. It can work with lesser known superleague squad players who just want to play rugby but ex internationals and superleague stars not so much. I heard rumblings about Myler and other clubs before the season even started and I'm not surprised he's gone.

We have a great chance to now to get a few more bodies in, reset and go again. The season so far has been destroyed by injuries, suspensions and off the pitch rumours. Hopefully this draws a line under it and we can get a group of lads that want to be here and they can get the team spirit and confidence back from last season.

We can all see the issues on the pitch and where we are lacking but it sounds like Clint and Hendo do as well and are addressing it.  It might take a few more weeks for players to come back and new ones to bed in, but I'm still pretty confident we will come good as we do have a lot of quality in that squad. 

I also hope that any that do come in are actually contracted players and not loans because as shown last week loan players come and go and you can't build any consistency with them. 

• Like 7

16 hours ago, andyacko said:

Joel Edwards played over 100 NRL games and Santi played a handful of NRL games plus played for Toulouse & Italy. Don’t think the new lad has even been mentioned in a match report from what I can find. Can’t compare him with those two so I’m not getting too excited about the signing. 

Hope he proves to be a hidden gem though, it’d be nice to find one.