Fri 19th Apr: SL: Wigan Warriors v Castleford Tigers KO 20:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/04/24 at 19:30

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

Oof. Unmitigated kudos to Cas fans heading over after a home tonking by the same opposition last week.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I can't remember the last time I went to a Wigan game just hoping the opposition do well. Last week isn't something I want to watch again when playing against a team in the same division. Getting beat well is one thing but there was just no desire to bend their backs and at least show some guts. If that is happening in a knock out cup tie, you have to worry. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WN83 said:

I can't remember the last time I went to a Wigan game just hoping the opposition do well. Last week isn't something I want to watch again when playing against a team in the same division. Getting beat well is one thing but there was just no desire to bend their backs and at least show some guts. If that is happening in a knock out cup tie, you have to worry. 

Is it the new system coming into play WN?

Mike Cooper's starting on the bench; good to see he's back after that awful injury.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dislocated knee, maybe? Tasipale's in a lot of pain.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

French with the first try, fed by a break from the Ginger Pearl. Keighran's conversion just goes through.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Louis Senior gets one back on his Cas debut.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 all after 25 minutes, but Liam Watts has already had a couple of silly moments.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wigan are being met with far better defence (individual and team) than last week, but has Smith finally sent Marshall over with a crossfield bomb.

Converted for 12:6 after 35 minutes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Confusingly Wigan seem to be playing at Huddersfield.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

14 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Confusingly Wigan seem to be playing at Huddersfield.

I hear no cowbell.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The re-jigged Wigan side looked a bit clunky at times, but that set move was nice.

Leeming also looks a bit more at home in a Wigan shirt each time I see him.

WIG 18:8 CAS

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nsemba and Mago are making more post-tackle metres now. Are Cas tiring? it would be a shame, because they have been so much better than last weekend.

24:8

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Even Harry Smith's conversion kicks are going over!

This may be another loss for the visitors, but there's so much more to like about their performance and work ethic. 

Sky's MotM/PotG goes to Junior Nsemba for an 80-minute performance of consistently high quality.

WIG 36:14 CAS at FT

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fair play to the Cas players, their effort and commitment from minute one was worlds away from last week. Wigan seemed to get a bit of a rocket at half time and put some points on at the start of that second half but it was a decent watch (unlike last week). 

Cas came for a game, and provided one, they tackled and scrambled well and countered well when they could. Wigan had control of the game but didn't get it all their own way like last week.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

The score in the Cup was an outlier - Cas had beaten Salford (who have beaten Saints and nearly beat Wigan) the previous week. Only the Giants had given them a hammering in the league. It showed a few things for us: pluses include - our pack strength is immense and we will benefit from playing at home a lot in the second half of the season. Negatives for me were Leeming’s passing and Hampshire’s inability to read the game. I am not sure why we don’t go all in on Farrimond as the back up half back - he has real vision.