Fri 19th Apr: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/04/24 at 19:30

7 hours ago, daz39 said:

Well that was in interesting night!, it looked all too familiar in the 1st half as we exepcted our usual Headingley paggering against yet another poor Leeds side but boy did we show some character, behind by 2 scores twice and missed a hatful of conversions and still come out on top took a massive turnaround from us. 

We did them on the left side time and again with Swift and Marsters, with help from Livett and Connor, the right side wasn't bad either with Naiqama and Wallis finishing off superbly.

There's no greater sight to a Giants fan than the South Stand emptying while the game is still going on, it's beautiful, as was the right hook a steward gave to a dick in a Leeds shirt who twice tried to get onto the field while Jake was lining up a kick.

Just a shame we didn't wake up until the 41st minute or the South stand trumpet may have been silenced even earlier.

Up the Giants, trust the process!!!!

Well played Huddersfield, but no comment on empty stands heh ?

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

It's just not clicking at Leeds is it. They deserved to lose last night, another inconsistent performance with errors at key times in the game.

You just don't know what you are going to get with them, moments of brilliance or lapses in concentration. I thought at start of season that this is a real make or break season for the coach - imo they weren't going to get close to Wigan/Saints/Dragons but with the signings they made they should improve enough to be competing at the level of KR/Wire and cementing that top 6 spot. So far, it just looks like a replication of last season. It might improve during the season but it's not looking great

cam smith is championship standard at best - looks the part- but isn't - the knights rejects have been worked out- this set up at leeds is an insult to past teams- whos gonna pay good money for that?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

8 hours ago, daz39 said:

Esan has been sensational this year and is easily our fans player of the year so far, those of us who know how it usually works said he'd come good this year as do most imports in their 2nd season but the bedwetters were having none of it and insisted we 'got rid' etc etc.

He's smashing it this year and good on him, he's also a likeable fella too.

I already answered that Daz, I have not seen enough of him this year so fair comment, but last night he was a completely different player than what we had seen previously last season, even the most hardened Giants fan couldn't have been enthused with him with last term.

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I already answered that Daz, I have not seen enough of him this year so fair comment, but last night he was a completely different player than what we had seen previously last season, even the most hardened Giants fan couldn't have been enthused with him with last term.

It can happen with overseas players, and even uk based olayers when joining a new club.

I remember Keith Senior looking pretty ordinary in his first year with Leeds fans wanting rid (there’s a shock!) look how that went.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Just watched the highlights, as i missed the last 20 mins due to going to work, but that last Hudds try intrigued me.

Didn't the Hudds player touch the ball in flight as        tried to intercept first ? And to top it off knock on a second time as he re-gathered ?

Deserved victory though, so fair play.

Yes he touched it onto the Leeds player.In real time play i don't think anyone would have noticed it so i would not blame the ref.It looked ok to me and SKY picked it up on the replay.Huddersfield just about deserved to win in an entertaining game.

2 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Yes he touched it onto the Leeds player.In real time play i don't think anyone would have noticed it so i would not blame the ref.It looked ok to me and SKY picked it up on the replay.Huddersfield just about deserved to win in an entertaining game.

Just shows how different our system is to the NRL, irrespective of what the ref gives on the field the 'Bunker' can interject and give their interpretation before a try is awarded, as you say on replay it was clearly an infringement with the ball being knocked forward into the Leeds player firstly before being regathered by the Giants, that try would not have stood in the NRL.

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just shows how different our system is to the NRL, irrespective of what the ref gives on the field the 'Bunker' can interject and give their interpretation before a try is awarded, as you say on replay it was clearly an infringement with the ball being knocked forward into the Leeds player firstly before being regathered by the Giants, that try would not have stood in the NRL.

It’s a different process in the NRL but the ref still gives his opinion and the bunker has to have clear evidence to overturn it. The big difference is the number and quality of cameras/picture gives their VR more chance to see something clearly. 

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Im just surprised he didn’t check it because of the other potential knock on.

The NRL system is far superior but we just don’t have the cash to implement something like that 

Isn't the NRL just a process difference?

We ask the video ref to check tries if the on-field ref is not sure whereas in the NRL the on-field ref awards a try if they are leaning that way and the video ref reviews before the try is confirmed. 

It doesn't need any more tech or personnel. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Atmosphere was flat from the telly perspective 

An exciting to and fro game with lowish quality ...except Marsters 

Hilariously bad from Miller at the end 

Jake the snake needs therapy 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

9 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

It’s a different process in the NRL but the ref still gives his opinion and the bunker has to have clear evidence to overturn it. The big difference is the number and quality of cameras/picture gives their VR more chance to see something clearly. 

Agreed with the number and quality of the cameras available I have said in the past do it properly as they do in the NRL or don't do it at all, it is more evident on the grounding of the ball I have seen as few as two camera angles here and the deliberation from the VR is "I can't see any evidence to overturn the ref's on field call" whilst the bunker and we the viewers have at least 6 camera angles to make the judgement.

But saying that, that did not come into play last night with the last try, the camera angle gave enough evidence that there was an infringement, that would have been picked up by the bunker and the try would have been disallowed.

17 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Isn't the NRL just a process difference?

We ask the video ref to check tries if the on-field ref is not sure whereas in the NRL the on-field ref awards a try if they are leaning that way and the video ref reviews before the try is confirmed. 

It doesn't need any more tech or personnel. 

Yes it does Dunny, there is insufficient cameras over here, everyone was happy when it was said there would be VR's at every game, but Sky are taking the cheap option in my opinion, as I say do it properly or not at all and allow the ref to be the sole adjudicator.

18 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Miller was excellent bar his brain fart.

Atmosphere at Headingley is very poor at the moment, it’s actually not that enjoyable to go to, the vitriol from some of our fans towards lots of people at the club is horrendous.

Mind you it’s been like that even when we were winning everything at certain points, don’t call us Whinos for nothing 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Rewatched the game, that last try was a dead set knock on, don’t think it would have changed who got the two points, but to not check that with the VR was ridiculous.

Nowt wrong with it, it was beautiful, granted i've not watched the game back but it was still a beautiful moment!!!

32 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes it does Dunny, there is insufficient cameras over here, everyone was happy when it was said there would be VR's at every game, but Sky are taking the cheap option in my opinion, as I say do it properly or not at all and allow the ref to be the sole adjudicator.

Why does it need more tech or personnel to change to the NRL process?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Nowt wrong with it, it was beautiful, granted i've not watched the game back but it was still a beautiful moment!!!

It was a knock on.

Enjoy the win, Hudds have picked up some form after an indifferent start good luck to them.

Youve got some tricky games coming up, thankfully Leeds have s couple of gsmes that we ‘should’ be able to win.

2 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Nope, i'm not allowed i'm a Huddersfield fan. Although there felt and sounded like 30,000 in that crumbling terrace when Cluney sealed it 🙂

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

There was plenty of atmosphere and noise in our end, obviously it had disappeared out of the ground and over to Bramley before it reachesd any mics at that place, but hey there was a trumpet parping away to itself for a while and according to the Sky team that's the amazing south stand atmosphere, they made more noise barracking Jake than they did supporting their own team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daz39 said:

There was plenty of atmosphere and noise in our end, obviously it had disappeared out of the ground and over to Bramley before it reachesd any mics at that place, but hey there was a trumpet parping away to itself for a while and according to the Sky team that's the amazing south stand atmosphere, they made more noise barracking Jake than they did supporting their own team.

Hmmmm coming from a team with  one man and his Cowbell I’m not sure the taunting about a trumpet really lands. 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Nope, i'm not allowed i'm a Huddersfield fan. Although there felt and sounded like 30,000 in that crumbling terrace when Cluney sealed it 🙂

I caught the 91 bus and carried on to Stanningley.

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Miller was excellent bar his brain fart.

Atmosphere at Headingley is very poor at the moment, it’s actually not that enjoyable to go to, the vitriol from some of our fans towards lots of people at the club is horrendous.

Mind you it’s been like that even when we were winning everything at certain points, don’t call us Whinos for nothing 🙂

I agree, Miller was probably our best player last night. 

The atmosphere is dictated primarily by what happens on field. There's been not a lot to like - 4th defeat on the spin at home, at least this time we scored double figures... Add to that the impact of last season and expectations for this, you can't blame the fans for being underwhelmed at the moment. 

The times I remember it being like that when we were "winning everything" happened usually when we were in a mid season slump that saw us finish 5th consecutively. 

15 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

It was a knock on.

Enjoy the win, Hudds have picked up some form after an indifferent start good luck to them.

Youve got some tricky games coming up, thankfully Leeds have s couple of gsmes that we ‘should’ be able to win.

If you can't beat (thrash) Hull FC then you may as well close the club down completely.

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Hmmmm coming from a team with  one man and his Cowbell I’m not sure the taunting about a trumpet really lands. 😉

We had a drum and 3 cowbells last night actually, still made more noise than your lot!!!!!!!