Fri 26th Apr: SL: Hull KR v Wigan Warriors KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/04/24 at 19:30

1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

Rules question if a player runs round his own player and has to go to the floor to surrender like Marshal did then. What would happen if the defensive side refused to put a hand on him. 

Don't confuse the ref's bob, their heads could explode if that happened.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, daz39 said:

Wigan by 14, KR fans to boo after 11 minutes and abuse the ref after 16 minutes.

Is this the place where I say “nobody would notice if the 3 home fans at Huddersfield matches booed”? 🤣🤣🤣

Asking for a friend 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Oops got that one wrong, well played Rovers brilliant performance.

Seen both this and Leigh's prediction from you Loiner, not yet looked at the Cas/London thread, are you on a hat trick?

Edited by Harry Stottle

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Seen both this and Leigh's prediction from you Loiner, not yet looked at the Cas/London thread, are you on a hat trick?

Even I couldn't get that one wrong.

• Haha 1

I was nervous about tonight, especially after the HKR defeat last week because I know they’ve got a great attitude and they won’t have two off nights on the spin in regards to desire, effort, workrate etc. Add in how much we seem to melt at Craven Park in recent times and I can’t say I was overly shocked with how it went. 

On the plus side, it feels like a great wake up call for us before the cup semi. We won’t be as off the mark as we were tonight and the players will know they have a massive challenge on. 

9 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Rules question if a player runs round his own player and has to go to the floor to surrender like Marshal did then. What would happen if the defensive side refused to put a hand on him. 

I hate that scenario. It’s obstruction and should be a penalty to the defending team. Why should the offending team keep possession even though they are forfeiting a tackle? They could easily be defending near their own line if it happened near the half way line. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

A very intelligent guy.

About twelve or so years ago Rhinos were playing at Perpignan. Me and my late missus were at the ground early to get a parking place etc ( she was handicapped). The players had just arrived at the Gilbert Brutus and were strolling around the pitch. A fresh faced Ryan emerged from the tunnel . Ryan had bleached his hair white and my missus, not being the shy type, called out to Ryan and said “hey, Ryan your hair looks silly that colour !” To which he replied rather embarassing,y. “Blimey, you sound just like my mum “

Met him a few times after that before she passed away and he seemed a nice guy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Didn't see the game, but two questions for those who did. 

1. Is Farrell below par in recent games?

2. How influential was M. Lewis?

Farrell looked under par last night. Sky commentary team wondered if he picked up a knock when Sue scored, kind of looked that way when Hiku side stepped him for his try later in the half.

Lewis was good but other players arguably had more infuence on the game e.g. Hiku, Litten.

Edited by bratman
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I thought Farrell was below his best last night, yes, but he’s still all class and I’d have him at Rovers every day of the week 

Lewis was good, especially in the first half when him, Litten and Sue were immense.

That said, what works about KR at the moment is the decision-making options rather than it being a “Lewis team”: May is a Rolls Royce player who looks like time slows down when he has the ball, Minchella is nailing that James-Graham-style pass from the defensive line role, and Hiku is just always an extra pivot threat. I thought the issue last week wasn’t Lewis’ absence, it was Catalans monstering us down the middle all night. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Then it’s a text book voluntary tackle and not one of these fake but allowed voluntary tackles. However some defender will always put a hand on the ball carrier so highly unlikely to occur mores the pity

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Farrell was poor in this particular game which was noticable because it’s so rare for him to have a poor game. 

Lewis controlled himself well as Wigan clearly tried to get at him in the same way Saints did with Conner. The few times he got chance to run with the ball Wigan players really struggled to handle him. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Then it’s a text book voluntary tackle and not one of these fake but allowed voluntary tackles. However some defender will always put a hand on the ball carrier so highly unlikely to occur mores the pity

That’s my point what if a coach spots this and says to his players at that point don’t make the tackle. Would the player just sit there as he can’t play the ptb without giving a penalty away or if he got up and started moving he would also give a penalty away. We’ve seen this sort of not playing ball with the laws of the game in RU at line outs. Where the defending team don’t participate in the maul the attacking team forms which then means it isn’t a maul just obstruction. 

Edited by bobbruce
  • Like 3

Takeaway the bottom three teams and the rest of league is shaping up well with all the teams being very competitive.  Really enjoyable season so far and not just because the Robins are doing relatively well. I'm enjoying the other matches Huddersfields performances against St's  and Catalans also the  brilliant job Leigh did on Catalans.

Only early days but the table looks rather tight and great for super league that there are  no teams running away with it.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, up the robins said:

Takeaway the bottom three teams and the rest of league is shaping up well with all the teams being very competitive.  Really enjoyable season so far and not just because the Robins are doing relatively well. I'm enjoying the other matches Huddersfields performances against St's  and Catalans also the  brilliant job Leigh did on Catalans.

Only early days but the table looks rather tight and great for super league that there are  no teams running away with it.

Cas fans would be within their rights to point out that they are also on 4 points along with Leigh, and maybe you should mention the bottom 2 rather than 3.

• Haha 1