Thu 25th Apr: SL: St Helens v Huddersfield Giants KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/04/24 at 19:30

Just now, Futtocks said:

There actually was some nonsense from the St Helens players, but Connor didn't sell it well enough.

Saints are very good at accidentally beibg in the ruck. It really should have been a penalty, just as it should have been a few minutes earlier when Clark lost his rag with Connor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

There actually was some nonsense from the St Helens players, but Connor didn't sell it well enough.

If that wasn’t Connor then it might well have been given the other way.

Edited by Waynebennettswinger
Thumbs like Blake’s legs
  • Like 1

Just now, Padge said:

He seemed to try and keep Clark entangled and play the ball and blew it.

I think he got a quick ptb and Clark made no attempt to get out of the way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Padge said:

He seemed to try and keep Clark entangled and play the ball and blew it.

A similar decision was made in one of the Australian games this morning.  A player deliberately placing the ball behind the foot of the marker to try and get s penalty.  Although they are always calls that can go one way or the other.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

A similar decision was made in one of the Australian games this morning.  A player deliberately placing the ball behind the foot of the marker to try and get s penalty.  Although they are always calls that can go one way or the other.

I didn't think the one a few minutes ago was a problem personally. Clark doesn't have any right to move back across the ruck in a tackle he has lost imo. He really should have to step out of the ruck. 

Connor went on a mardy walkabout and St Helens took advantage.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 3

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, dkw said:

Connor is an absolute moron, just get on with the game you tedious child.

It is an odd rule that you're now allowed to just hit out at Connor though. 

I mean, I'm not totally against it, but.. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Clark, who else from from dummy for Saints. A neat bit of Saints niggling pays off.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Connor going for a non captains challenge there.

• Haha 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I didn't think the one a few minutes ago was a problem personally. Clark doesn't have any right to move back across the ruck in a tackle he has lost imo. He really should have to step out of the ruck. 

Could easily have gone either way.

• Thanks 1

Jake Connor probably should have gone to ground there after the Saints player struck out. If he'd gone down the ref would have had to penalise the offensive team.

• Like 1

Makes for an even tenser finish for us neutrals, though.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Come on, he's been trying it on for 15 minutes, pulling in saints players then claiming stuff at the ref. It's cost his team a try, he's just an absolute child. Just get on with the game, doesn't help having commentators saying "oh isn't he cheeky"....no, he's not, he's a clown.

Edited by dkw
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

It's not a law... but it is an interpretation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

No preference for either side , but Liam Moore has gone to the video ref for everything tonight, Knowles strikes Connor in the face and he ignores it , if that happens to any other player that's a penalty and yellow card minimum 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Come on, he's been trying it on for 15 minutes, pulling in saints players then claiming stuff at the ref. It's cost his team a try, he's just an absolute child. Just get on with the game, doesn't help having commentators saying "oh isn't he cheeky"....no, he's not, he's a clown.

And the two Saints players hitting out? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Makes for an even tenser finish for us neutrals, though.

Neutral, who are you trying to kid 😄 

• Haha 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Connor is an absolute moron, just get on with the game you tedious child.

He was slapped in the face, after Clarke had impeded his PTB previously.

He is a mercurial player, but I understand his frustrations. Both should have been Hudds penalties, and were ruled on incorrectly.

• Like 2

Gwapple me gwapenuts, that was almost a game-killer!

Ralph Waldo Emerson