Doncaster (A)- 28th April

3 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

To be honest, I had my doubts about Liam Finn. He was fortunate he had probably the biggest budget in League 1. When he took over and we were in the Championship there was no noticeable improvement in results. 

I disagree. Where we did improve noticeably was in defensive systems and discipline, the former of which was noticeably missing today. Personally I would have been delighted had he stayed with us, but he didn't for understandable reasons.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

15 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I disagree. Where we did improve noticeably was in defensive systems and discipline, the former of which was noticeably missing today. Personally I would have been delighted had he stayed with us, but he didn't for understandable reasons.

I was just referring to results. But I stand by my comment. 

Can't remember exactly when Finn started but here are the results from 2022. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_RFL_Championship_season_results

Edited by Wakefield Ram

1 hour ago, NickD said:

And the someone else is?  Not seen or heard of many trying to step up and throw money at us.  Thank god we have MS I say...If someone else with brass pops up Im sure he'd be the first to stand back but until then we owe him everything.

I do agree with you! who the someone is as and when it happens is a mystery! yes totally right that glad MS is still here doing his best but then can we really moan yes and no but i guess it is what it is got to make best of what we got!

• Like 1

Just a general comment re coaching. It must be hard to watch dumb players not playing the ball correctly, ripping the ball, flopping, lazy high tackles etc etc. The opposition then pump the ball 40m down field and generally score within the handed on a plate set. I can handle getting out skilled but we are constantly dumb dumb dumb. Loads more issues as previously pointed out on here but we are dumb and it usually the same culprits.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Interesting comment from Paul March interview saying communications had broken down with Huddersfield this week so we didn't get any players. 

It’s frustrating that at this level things like this are so shoddy and amateurish. Probably forgotten to send the email to renew these guys but that is just my pure speculation after a very difficult long day as a Rams supporter.

10 hours ago, RugbyPowelly said:

It’s frustrating that at this level things like this are so shoddy and amateurish. Probably forgotten to send the email to renew these guys but that is just my pure speculation after a very difficult long day as a Rams supporter.

He didn't say at which end the fault lay.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The game went more or less as I predicted; we were lucky it wasn’t a bigger score against us. Our attack is still poor with slow or predictable passing and if someone makes the odd break, there no backing up. Once again our defence was terrible; three players hanging on to an opponent and he either gets the ball away, or scores himself.

Supporters behind me were shouting their frustrations at the referee with his decisions, but rightly or wrongly, we were still useless and wouldn’t have won. I would though, like to see if he and his TJ were correct in bringing back the interception.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I didn't go yesterday, but what worries me is how quickly results have gone off. From competing against Fax and Batley to being totally out played and looking like every team in league (apart from the dogs) will have 4 points in the bag from us. 

It needs to improve otherwise Sawyer will be moaning that the fans aren't showing up!

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

16 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Interesting comment from Paul March interview saying communications had broken down with Huddersfield this week so we didn't get any players. 

Oh dear..wonder who's fault that is/was.  And is it a one off or a falling out?   Whichever, very disappointing.   Kieran Rush in particular would have been valuable while we are without Bailey.....

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Oh dear..wonder who's fault that is/was.  And is it a one off or a falling out?   Whichever, very disappointing.   Kieran Rush in particular would have been valuable while we are without Bailey.....

As I have pointed out previously a change of half back wouldn't have affected the points conceded. Rush's absences previously were due to injury, I understand.

Well as stated by myself before the season that we will finish bottom and after 6 games would be played 6 lost 6

In reality we are doing better than I expected.. The win against Batley upsetting the apple cart. 

Revising what I said the scores on the doors will be

Played 10 lost 9

This is not negative or in anyway criticism pointed at the team

The lads are doing their best and trying hard to turn this around. 

Also stated we would at most win 6 games all season.. And I might have even exaggerated that final figure. 

I think if the DR with Huddersfield is going to be any success.. They've to step up and help us out, it feels as a fan their commitment isn't as strong as our need for experienced players.

What can we do?? 

As fans we've simply to bite the bullet and expect the worst for this season, and take it on the chin. 

Turn up, support that's our end of the bargain, in turn the players have to step up and embrace the challenge. 

And with just a little bit of luck the boys could surprise us all and drag us out of the quicksand. 

Regardless of any super human efforts

We're championship 1 bound

Could be worse 

We could be Halifax fans 🤔😉🤣

• Like 2

Given the performances of the season so far I think Dewsbury are now suffering from years of under-investment in the backroom and pitch side. No recognised conditioner, a coach with little coaching experience and an office that does little to engage with supporters when needed. It was clear the season would be a struggle given other teams recruitment and our lack of depth. Time for change is needed, on the other side of the valley Batley who have a chairman that 'seems' to spot opportunities, encourage the right backroom so the players can thrive has seen them deliver results when perhaps they shouldn't. How can there be a'communication breakdown'? the club plays a match every weekend.... surely the office cannot have got that wrong!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Well as stated by myself before the season that we will finish bottom and after 6 games would be played 6 lost 6

In reality we are doing better than I expected.. The win against Batley upsetting the apple cart. 

Revising what I said the scores on the doors will be

Played 10 lost 9

This is not negative or in anyway criticism pointed at the team

The lads are doing their best and trying hard to turn this around. 

Also stated we would at most win 6 games all season.. And I might have even exaggerated that final figure. 

I think if the DR with Huddersfield is going to be any success.. They've to step up and help us out, it feels as a fan their commitment isn't as strong as our need for experienced players.

What can we do?? 

As fans we've simply to bite the bullet and expect the worst for this season, and take it on the chin. 

Turn up, support that's our end of the bargain, in turn the players have to step up and embrace the challenge. 

And with just a little bit of luck the boys could surprise us all and drag us out of the quicksand. 

Regardless of any super human efforts

We're championship 1 bound

Could be worse 

We could be Halifax fans 🤔😉🤣

As I said at the time if Batley had woods fit for the dewsbury and Halifax games we’d of probably turned procession into points 

as the last 3 weeks have proved 

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

As I have pointed out previously a change of half back wouldn't have affected the points conceded. Rush's absences previously were due to injury, I understand.

Doesn't detract from the fact that cocking up the connection with Huddersfield is lamentable..

• Like 3

It's a shame that after a good season last year where we got promoted well ahead of the season end, we didn't kick on and get some half decent recruitment done early.

I know Finn's departure and Ferguson being ill didn't help but that was a great opportunity to stabilise the club back in the Championship.  

However If there is no money to spend on better players then as supporters we are going to have to get use to been the rubbing rags for the foreseeable future and most likely operate at league 1 level.

Edited by Rambo
rambo.gif

3 hours ago, Rambo said:

It's a shame that after a good season last year where we got promoted well ahead of the season end that we didn't kick on and get some half decent recruitment done early on.

I know Finn's departure and Ferguson being ill didn't help but there a great opportunity to stabilise the club back in the Championship.  

If there is no money to spend on better players then as supporters we are going to have to get use to been the rubbing rags for the foreseeable future and realistically (and if still viable to operate at that level) probably better suited to a League 1 existence.

Probably having the wettest year on the earth hasn’t helped the car boot has it… let’s be honest 

Back to the Doncaster match - Jimmy Beckett went off with 10 minutes to go clearly holding his hamstring. If he is absent then the pack will really look lightweight.

14 hours ago, NickD said:

Doesn't detract from the fact that cocking up the connection with Huddersfield is lamentable..

True.

Sadly you and most others always assume that the fault lies with us. I don't know any more than you do but wouldn't be surprised if we weren't getting the best of assistance from the Giants either. People seem to imagine that SL clubs enter into DR arrangements out of some sort of charitable instinct. They don't; they use them largely to their own benefit first and foremost.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Back to the Doncaster match - Jimmy Beckett went off with 10 minutes to go clearly holding his hamstring. If he is absent then the pack will really look lightweight.

He’s alright I’m told.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 30/04/2024 at 10:42, Blind side johnny said:

True.

Sadly you and most others always assume that the fault lies with us. I don't know any more than you do but wouldn't be surprised if we weren't getting the best of assistance from the Giants either. People seem to imagine that SL clubs enter into DR arrangements out of some sort of charitable instinct. They don't; they use them largely to their own benefit first and foremost.

Tut tut BSJ (and Therein 73).   Jumping in without checking my original post.   I actually said "Oh dear..wonder who's fault that is/was.  And is it a one off or a falling out?   Whichever, very disappointing.   Now, your English is superior to mine but I've read my post a few times and still think it wasn't apportioning blame to either side...Certainly not us!

From our view at the game it looked like the tackle that concussed our centre was high , but there seemed to be no reaction from players or officals.

However......

• Greg Burns (Doncaster) – Grade E Head Contact – Refer to Tribunal
  • Thanks 2